+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Johnny Angel Guest

Free energy! (again - sigh)

Bunch of Irishmen so convinced they have invalidated the conservation of energy law that they just spent 75,000 on an Ad in the Economist. You REALLY can't make this stuff up!

Free Irish Energy

Re: Free energy! (again - sigh)

Very Interesting. Also very strange that they are not looking for investors. Most people claim to have discovered a free energy source to scam people out of money. On top of that, these guys aren't stupid, something seems wrong about this....

Well, like most things of this kind, they claim that several scientists have tested it, and confirmed that it works. Of course, they won't give the names of these scientists...

According to information available from the Irish Companies Registration Office, Steorn has not filed accounts since October 28, 2004. Under current Companies Registration Office practice[7] strike-off procedures could begin against Steorn by the end of October 2006. A strike-off would have serious consequences, such as the loss of Steorn's limited liability status. Furthermore, any assets of the company, including any patents or other intellectual property, would become the property of the Irish State. [7] On August 24, 2006, in a live chat event Steorn responded that they are ready to file the 2004 returns within a week.[8]
    Well, these guys seem to be thinking the same sort of thing I was, ie. I'm pretty sure they're trying to make money out of this, I just don't see how.

http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/rupertgoo...9281444,00.htm

Whatever Steorn is doing and in the utter absence of any testable data, the chances of it being a significant scientific achievement are closer to absolute zero than the contents of Lord Kelvin's freezer compartment it's an expensive experiment. For the price of that Economist advert and whatever they're paying their PR company, they could have built 10 apparatuses that actually demonstrated their effect and Fedex'd them to the major centres of scientific excellence on the planet.

Neither will Steorn's amazing machine. Whether it's being driven by madness, genuine misapprehension or some ulterior motive yet to be revealed, it's not being driven by science. Producing rotational energy out of nothing is a great trick and one that its PR company is clearly very good at, but once the silly season's over the spin will die down.

Johnny Angel Guest

Kind of begs the question why they just don't 'close the loop'.

If its 'over unity' it should be able to power itself once turned on.

And ... run forever.

Is it related to the 'jasker' scam of a couple of years ago? Or is there really any point to it??? What are we missing.

I think in one months time, the panel will rule that they aren't full of it, and that their system does provide 'free' energy.

It is funny that people get so upset over the notion of free energy when Solar Power is free energy. Just because there is a conservation of energy law doesn't mean you can't get energy for free from something constantly putting out energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Angel

And ... run forever.

Is it related to the 'jasker' scam of a couple of years ago? Or is there really any point to it??? What are we missing.

THEN, i suppose,WE have to ask!?who is WE!?hehe!!just askin.........

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    THEN, i suppose,WE have to ask!?who is WE!?hehe!!just askin.........
    No lexx, no we don't. I really wish you would just be quiet until you had something interesting to say :(

Quote Originally Posted by aegist
    No lexx, no we don't. I really wish you would just be quiet until you had something interesting to say :(
    HAHA!!if you would INDULGE/yourself and ME!/by defining INTERESTING we would be ABLE to FURTHER your CAUSE!?apart from IT'S usual COURSE of FOLLOWSHIP!?as it must be defined by those who TRULY inspect IT'S course!?(way)!?(in reelationship to what?)now as to your REFEENSE to MY remarks as NON-INCLUSIVE of the FOLLOWERS at HAND!?i'd say so it is UP TO the INDIVIDUALITY of PURPOSE as PROPOSED by the AUTHOR of SAME!?what do YOU think!?(on your OWN!?)hehe!?just askin...
    Last edited by lexx; 08-28-2006 at 11:19 AM.

And ... run forever.

THIS!!while SEEMING to be a CHALLENGE to the IDEA of the STATE of REALITY/MIND!?called OVERUNITY!? is in PRACTISE a PLEA for the VERY SAME!?for if overunity EXISTED in the HUMAN practise of EVERYDAY LIFE!?what would BE the RESULTS!?and WHO has besides THIS poster even considered the SAME!?so then.....we as the LEARNED of scam.com can READILY SEE the power of this APPLICATIOn of SAME!?a NEW WQORLD where ALL IS forgiven by the VERY ACT of PRE-EMPTIVE MOTIVE of IMPROVEMENT without FAULT FINDING!?a very act of LOVE your neighbor/before he loves you!?hehe!!a competrition to even OUTDO this NEW HOUSE?!OR!?mork from ork was a dork and..SO AM I!?hehe!!just askin......

Yeah, in a month the panel will decide that it is actually, truley, really, really, free energy... but of course they can't release the names of the people on the panel for some legal reasons. And then they'll start taking investments....

Johnny Angel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aegist
    It is funny that people get so upset over the notion of free energy when Solar Power is free energy. Just because there is a conservation of energy law doesn't mean you can't get energy for free from something constantly putting out energy.
    At least you aren't a nutter, like Lexxxx :-)

And BTW, the sun isn't 'free energy'. The heat and light it puts out is converted from mass. It will run out one day soon (another 5 bill years? Can't remember. Put it in my diary). Or do you mean it doesn't cost anything? In which case can you tell me where the free solar panels are located.

Unless you are trying to suggest that their charming emerald isle collection of magnets and wheels is somehow 'converting matter to energy'...

At least you aren't a nutter, like Lexxxx :-)

And BTW, the sun isn't 'free energy'. The heat and light it puts out is converted from mass. It will run out one day soon (another 5 bill years? Can't remember. Put it in my diary). Or do you mean it doesn't cost anything? In which case can you tell me where the free solar panels are located.

Unless you are trying to suggest that their charming emerald isle collection of magnets and wheels is somehow 'converting matter to energy'...
    Solar Panels harvest energy from a powerful source. I think the 5 billion years time frame is enough for us meager humans to accept it as an 'endless' source for all of our purposes. If you make one solar panel, you can expect to pull out much more power than was put into the creation of it. Similarly with wind generators.

Now what if there was another source, say it was the background radiation, or something even less well understood than that which could be harvested for energy? It would obey the 2nd law, and provide an 'endless' supply of power. The advantage that it would ahve over solar power of course, would be that it will work in the light and in the dark.
    Shane

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

A true story: some years ago when I was in my early teens, I hung out at

a local gas station not far from my home. I delivered newspapers in the

mornings; threw them from my bike. The paper drop-off was at the service

station. I would get there about 3:00 A.M. and wait for my papers. In the

meantime I was entertained talking to the attendant. They had actual

service attendants then, at no extra charge. Would check fluids, clean the

wind-shields and door glasses. All this for the price of a gasoline fill-

up which was about average twelve gallons for $7.95 [not bad huh?]

Also I was entertained by the various early morning folks that would

come by and the various personalities, situations and dometimes peculiar

occurences.

One morning, a man pulls in at the pump, gets out. The attendant

promptly went to gas up the car. The guy said: "hey wait, I don't use that

stuff! meaning the gasoline. The attendant looked puzzled, understandably.

The guy said: "I'll take care of it". Went into the station and bought a

bottle of regular Aspirin, then about .20 cents. Removed the cap from his

tank and dumped the Aspirin into the filler tube. Then, turned on the water

that was typically used to fill radiators and ran the water into the filler

tube where he had put the Apirin. Said thanks to the attendant for the

water, got in the car, started it and took off! We were all puzzled at how

this man could operate his car on Aspirin and water.

I told some guys at school, later, about the incident. One car wise

young fella that I knew laughed and said: "Yeah, some people do that

as a joke on others. These people have two tanks on their car. One

they have the gas filler tube hidden, maybe in the trunk. THe other filler

tube goes to a seperate tank that holds the water. When they get

out of sight, they have a small valve on the tank that they open and

drain the water out of the tank. Later, they pull the same prank again,

somewhere different".
    Last edited by coontie; 08-30-2006 at 04:31 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I told some guys at school, later, about the incident. One car wise

young fella that I knew laughed and said: "Yeah, some people do that

as a joke on others. These people have two tanks on their car. One

they have the gas filler tube hidden, maybe in the trunk. THe other filler

tube goes to a seperate tank that holds the water. When they get

out of sight, they have a small valve on the tank that they open and

drain the water out of the tank. Later, they pull the same prank again,

somewhere different".
    Lol. Reminds me of something my dad used to do back at uni. He and a mate had a car, and they could get it to backfire whenever they wanted. So they would get some spare parts, and tie them underneath the car with the end of the string coming up through the floor, then drive into the middle of the city and wait for the lights to turn green. Then they'd make the car backfire, let all these car parts fall out from under the car and drive off. People used to come running down the street after them thinking that the car was falling to pieces.

Johnny Angel Guest

that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Lol. Reminds me of something my dad used to do back at uni. He and a mate had a car, and they could get it to backfire whenever they wanted. So they would get some spare parts, and tie them underneath the car with the end of the string coming up through the floor, then drive into the middle of the city and wait for the lights to turn green. Then they'd make the car backfire, let all these car parts fall out from under the car and drive off. People used to come running down the street after them thinking that the car was falling to pieces.
    and such is the PRANKS of the SPECIAL class we call!?.......upper rectal SELF lobotomy!?hehe!!just askin.......WHILE YOU BRAGGIN!?hehe!!......on worth the SHOW!?........