+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scam2.com?

Scam2.com?

Anyone see this? It's a sequel to this forum. Exactly the same. Who invented it?

Re: Scam2.com?

It looks to be "invented" by some of the members from Scam.com. I don't quite know whether to trust these individuals. I mean c'mon - it is scam.com! And not all of us here are legit! But I noticed they're secretly sending PM's to those here and I didn't think that was appropriate. That's what sent up the red flag with me. I 'm pretty good with the instinct thing - and mine isn't giving me a good feeling about this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    It looks to be "invented" by some of the members from Scam.com. I don't quite know whether to trust these individuals. I mean c'mon - it is scam.com! And not all of us here are legit! But I noticed they're secretly sending PM's to those here and I didn't think that was appropriate. That's what sent up the red flag with me. I 'm pretty good with the instinct thing - and mine isn't giving me a good feeling about this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm a little leary as well, I also received a PM. And I was like, what the? possibly a copycat? I'm just speculating though. My instincts are 99.9% right. I sent a PM to one of the Mods for feedback and see what they think. It outta be interesting. Sequels just do not top the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    I'm a little leary as well, I also received a PM. And I was like, what the? possibly a copycat? I'm just speculating though. My instincts are 99.9% right. I sent a PM to one of the Mods for feedback and see what they think. It outta be interesting. Sequels just do not top the original.

Yeah, I sent the PM off to one of the mods also! I wanted to make sure that they knew what may be occuring if it were, in fact, a set-up. Somehow, I doubt that they got the PM from the original sender. From what it looks like, you may be right - those out for revenge or just wanting to stage the game in their own rules & regs.

Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    Yeah, I sent the PM off to one of the mods also! I wanted to make sure that they knew what may be occuring if it were, in fact, a set-up. Somehow, I doubt that they got the PM from the original sender. From what it looks like, you may be right - those out for revenge or just wanting to stage the game in their own rules & regs.

And I had a funny feeling about this. The past week the forum has been quite different in a way. Which is hard to explain: Just THAT feeling. I should have been a profiler, I sense things very well. Well, we'll see what the mods think about the other site. The scam2.com website looks identical to this one.

I got the same PM and fowarded it to Lady Mod, I mean come on they didn't even change the title on political chat (formerly named election forum) and there are still google ads on this site.

I suspect they may be trying to find out who we are. Don't give them your email address!!

LS

Whois Record
    scam2.com

Registrant:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: scam2.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Email:

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: scam2.com

Created on..............: Sat, Aug 19, 2006
    Expires on..............: Sun, Aug 19, 2007
    Record last updated on..: Mon, Aug 21, 2006

Administrative Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:

Technical Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:

LS

HERE IS WHAT WAS SENT TO ME IN MY PRIVATE MESSANGER

Dear Scam.com member. As you are aware scam.com was delisted by Google, which means that Google ads temporarily were taken off Scam.com and will probably soon be completely gone for good in the next few days.

This means scam.com has lost almost all of its revenue for the last 30-60 days and possibly will soon be taken down all together. This would be a shame as scam.com has been a great resource for us to help other consumers and each other.

A group of scam.com members have formed another site called scam2.com so we will all have a resource to keep posting and reporting scams.

We have taken the liberty of creating an account for you using your current username on scam.com. As a charter member of scam2.com you will be initially designated as a senior member.

To log in simple go to scam2.com and log in with the following information

Username: ladyemily

Password: *****

You may change the settings and enter your correct information (such as email address) and change your password if you wish. If you choose not to use your username we will let another member use it or leave it inactive.

We are also seeking moderators to help maintain the integrity of the site. If you wish to be a moderator please email us at mod@scam2.com. Since we have been approved by Google we will be able to earn some income. We will be passing some of this on to the moderators after we have a feeling of how much revenue we will receive and what the exact expenses are.

If there are any problems or technical difficulties involved in the use of this account please contact us at help@scam2.com

Thanks for taking the time to read this and happy scam catching!!!
    Scam2 Team
    www.scam2.com
    -->

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Someone has been spamming the boards. I've banned all that I can find. Scam.com is here to stay, it's just some idiot trying to steal business. Please keep the moderators aware of any and all of these kinds of PM's and we'll stay on top of it. And yes, this is copyright infringement and that will be dealt with too.

The owners are taking care of the situation. It all started with a thread I had started and mentioned the click ads. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?postid=207892

Folks, the worst that will probably happen is that I'll no longer be a moderator. The owner was not responsible for any violations and I was unaware I was violating any. But google isn't stupid, they make revenue off this site. Scam.com is here to stay.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Someone has been spamming the boards. I've banned all that I can find. Scam.com is here to stay, it's just some idiot trying to steal business. Please keep the moderators aware of any and all of these kinds of PM's and we'll stay on top of it. And yes, this is copyright infringement and that will be dealt with too.

The owners are taking care of the situation. It all started with a thread I had started and mentioned the click ads. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?postid=207892

Folks, the worst that will probably happen is that I'll no longer be a moderator. The owner was not responsible for any violations and I was unaware I was violating any. But google isn't stupid, they make revenue off this site. Scam.com is here to stay.

Lady Mod

It wouldn't be the same without you lady mod. Hopefully you'll still be a moderator on this site. And of course we love that southern sassy mouth of yours. :) We can't let the damn scammers steal and copy our site. Please stay with us.

What on Earth is going on?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    What on Earth is going on?????????????
    That's what we're here to find out buddy.Looks like Someone duplicated this site to scam2.com. Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    I didn't get a PM. :(

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    I didn't get a PM. :(

I sent you one this morning buddy, maybe it didn't go through or your mailbox is full. It was just letting you know what was going on with the scam2.com website. Very strange

I received the same letter as Ladyemily in my private message on Scam.com.

I am afraid I did not notice the announcement. So I signed up believing the letter was from scam.com.

I went back to see what was in my profile to delete it. All was there was "user administration@scam2.com". I hope I want get spammed.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.