+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 64

Thread: Scam2.com?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Scam2.com?

    Anyone see this? It's a sequel to this forum. Exactly the same. Who invented it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Scam2.com?

    It looks to be "invented" by some of the members from Scam.com. I don't quite know whether to trust these individuals. I mean c'mon - it is scam.com! And not all of us here are legit! But I noticed they're secretly sending PM's to those here and I didn't think that was appropriate. That's what sent up the red flag with me. I 'm pretty good with the instinct thing - and mine isn't giving me a good feeling about this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    It looks to be "invented" by some of the members from Scam.com. I don't quite know whether to trust these individuals. I mean c'mon - it is scam.com! And not all of us here are legit! But I noticed they're secretly sending PM's to those here and I didn't think that was appropriate. That's what sent up the red flag with me. I 'm pretty good with the instinct thing - and mine isn't giving me a good feeling about this one. I can't quite put my finger on it.

    I'm a little leary as well, I also received a PM. And I was like, what the? possibly a copycat? I'm just speculating though. My instincts are 99.9% right. I sent a PM to one of the Mods for feedback and see what they think. It outta be interesting. Sequels just do not top the original.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    414

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    I'm a little leary as well, I also received a PM. And I was like, what the? possibly a copycat? I'm just speculating though. My instincts are 99.9% right. I sent a PM to one of the Mods for feedback and see what they think. It outta be interesting. Sequels just do not top the original.

    Yeah, I sent the PM off to one of the mods also! I wanted to make sure that they knew what may be occuring if it were, in fact, a set-up. Somehow, I doubt that they got the PM from the original sender. From what it looks like, you may be right - those out for revenge or just wanting to stage the game in their own rules & regs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by heavensent
    Yeah, I sent the PM off to one of the mods also! I wanted to make sure that they knew what may be occuring if it were, in fact, a set-up. Somehow, I doubt that they got the PM from the original sender. From what it looks like, you may be right - those out for revenge or just wanting to stage the game in their own rules & regs.


    And I had a funny feeling about this. The past week the forum has been quite different in a way. Which is hard to explain: Just THAT feeling. I should have been a profiler, I sense things very well. Well, we'll see what the mods think about the other site. The scam2.com website looks identical to this one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Scam2.com?

    I got the same PM and fowarded it to Lady Mod, I mean come on they didn't even change the title on political chat (formerly named election forum) and there are still google ads on this site.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    234

    Re: Scam2.com?

    I suspect they may be trying to find out who we are. Don't give them your email address!!


    LS

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    234

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Whois Record
    scam2.com



    Registrant:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: scam2.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Email:

    Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
    Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
    Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

    Domain Name: scam2.com

    Created on..............: Sat, Aug 19, 2006
    Expires on..............: Sun, Aug 19, 2007
    Record last updated on..: Mon, Aug 21, 2006

    Administrative Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: scam2.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:

    Technical Contact:
    Domain Discreet
    ATTN: scam2.com
    P.O. Box 278
    Yarmouth, NS B5A 4B2
    CA
    Phone: 1-902-7495331
    Email:


    LS

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    84

    Re: Scam2.com?

    HERE IS WHAT WAS SENT TO ME IN MY PRIVATE MESSANGER


    Dear Scam.com member. As you are aware scam.com was delisted by Google, which means that Google ads temporarily were taken off Scam.com and will probably soon be completely gone for good in the next few days.

    This means scam.com has lost almost all of its revenue for the last 30-60 days and possibly will soon be taken down all together. This would be a shame as scam.com has been a great resource for us to help other consumers and each other.

    A group of scam.com members have formed another site called scam2.com so we will all have a resource to keep posting and reporting scams.

    We have taken the liberty of creating an account for you using your current username on scam.com. As a charter member of scam2.com you will be initially designated as a senior member.

    To log in simple go to scam2.com and log in with the following information

    Username: ladyemily

    Password: *****

    You may change the settings and enter your correct information (such as email address) and change your password if you wish. If you choose not to use your username we will let another member use it or leave it inactive.


    We are also seeking moderators to help maintain the integrity of the site. If you wish to be a moderator please email us at mod@scam2.com. Since we have been approved by Google we will be able to earn some income. We will be passing some of this on to the moderators after we have a feeling of how much revenue we will receive and what the exact expenses are.

    If there are any problems or technical difficulties involved in the use of this account please contact us at help@scam2.com

    Thanks for taking the time to read this and happy scam catching!!!
    Scam2 Team
    www.scam2.com
    -->

  10. #10
    sojustask's Avatar
    sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,866

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Someone has been spamming the boards. I've banned all that I can find. Scam.com is here to stay, it's just some idiot trying to steal business. Please keep the moderators aware of any and all of these kinds of PM's and we'll stay on top of it. And yes, this is copyright infringement and that will be dealt with too.

    The owners are taking care of the situation. It all started with a thread I had started and mentioned the click ads. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?postid=207892

    Folks, the worst that will probably happen is that I'll no longer be a moderator. The owner was not responsible for any violations and I was unaware I was violating any. But google isn't stupid, they make revenue off this site. Scam.com is here to stay.

    Lady Mod

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Someone has been spamming the boards. I've banned all that I can find. Scam.com is here to stay, it's just some idiot trying to steal business. Please keep the moderators aware of any and all of these kinds of PM's and we'll stay on top of it. And yes, this is copyright infringement and that will be dealt with too.

    The owners are taking care of the situation. It all started with a thread I had started and mentioned the click ads. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?postid=207892

    Folks, the worst that will probably happen is that I'll no longer be a moderator. The owner was not responsible for any violations and I was unaware I was violating any. But google isn't stupid, they make revenue off this site. Scam.com is here to stay.

    Lady Mod

    It wouldn't be the same without you lady mod. Hopefully you'll still be a moderator on this site. And of course we love that southern sassy mouth of yours. :) We can't let the damn scammers steal and copy our site. Please stay with us.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655

    Re: Scam2.com?

    What on Earth is going on?????????????

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by spanky
    What on Earth is going on?????????????
    That's what we're here to find out buddy.Looks like Someone duplicated this site to scam2.com. Strange

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    947

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    I'm a little leary as well, I also received a PM. And I was like, what the? possibly a copycat? I'm just speculating though. My instincts are 99.9% right. I sent a PM to one of the Mods for feedback and see what they think. It outta be interesting. Sequels just do not top the original.
    I didn't get a PM. :(

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Scam2.com?

    Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    I didn't get a PM. :(

    I sent you one this morning buddy, maybe it didn't go through or your mailbox is full. It was just letting you know what was going on with the scam2.com website. Very strange

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    269

    Re: Scam2.com?

    I received the same letter as Ladyemily in my private message on Scam.com.

    I am afraid I did not notice the announcement. So I signed up believing the letter was from scam.com.

    I went back to see what was in my profile to delete it. All was there was "user administration@scam2.com". I hope I want get spammed.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

Similar Threads

  1. What happened to Scam2.com
    By PURE MARKET PROFITS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM
  2. scam2 is down and it looks like it's out
    By sojustask in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
  3. I started Scam2.com
    By Clinton in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 09:14 PM
  4. Is Scam2 a Scam?
    By RolltheStampede in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 08:35 AM
  5. Scam2 might have the opposite effect
    By Doe3001 in forum Corporate Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 04:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, ???, account, active, address, administration, ads, age, aka, ale, alert, ame, another, appears, approved, april, artist, att, attention, attn, aug, authors, aware, babies, bad, ban, banned, banning, bet, boards, bogus, booted, box, bring, bro, bud, buddy, bunch, button, cage, called, care, case, catch, caught, charter, claim, clo, close, coming, complain, completely, confirmed, consumers, contact, copies, correct, couldn, cuz, damn, day, days, deal, deleted, designated, desperate, doe, domain, don, dow, dozen, dying, ear, earn, electio, email, enter, eye, face, feedback, feel, feeling, find, fla, flag, flat, folks, fool, forget, forum, free, fresh, fun, funny, gave, give, gonna, group, guys, hey, hotmail, idiot, idiots, ill, ime, inc., income, individuals, insulted, inviting, involved, ion, isn, john, joined, joke, kick, kind, lady, leaders, legit, lets, liberty, line, lis, listed, listen, lol, long, longer, los, lose, lot, lunch, mail, making, mea, members, mods, moron, move, movie, named, nasty, office, onli, original, owner, page, password, passwords, people, person, phone, picked, point, poor, pos, post, posted, posting, posts, power, profile, public, quote, ran, rape, real, reason, red, registered, removed, reporting, respond, responsible, revenge, rock, roll, rolls, scam, scam artist, scam.com, scams, scott, scum, secretly, sen, sense, september, service, set, sign, signed, simply, site, slime, soo, sorry, sounds, sour, spammer, spamming, speaking, speech, spent, stage, star, start, steal, sti, stop, stupid, style, sun, system, taken, talent, talk, tech, ted, thought, thread, threads, threats, times, title, top, trac, trolls, ubes, ultimate, upset, url, user, users, voice, wanted, week, won, worked, www, year

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •