+ Reply to Thread

Germany pays for 1/3 of Israels two new subs capable of carrying nuclear warheads

Israel adds 2 nuclear-capable submarines By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI, Associated Press Writer
    4 minutes ago

JERUSALEM - With the purchase of two more German-made Dolphin submarines capable of carrying nuclear warheads, military experts say Israel is sending a clear message to Iran that it can strike back if attacked by nuclear weapons.

The purchases come at a time when Iran is refusing to bow to growing Western demands to halt its nuclear program, and after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

The new submarines, built at a cost of $1.3 billion with Germany footing one-third of the bill, have propulsion systems that allow them to remain submerged for longer periods of time than the three nuclear-capable submarines already in Israel's fleet, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The latest submarines not only would be able to carry out a first strike should Israel choose to do so, but they also would provide Israel with crucial second-strike capabilities, said Paul Beaver, a London-based independent defense analyst.

Israel is already believed to have that ability in the form of the Jericho-1 and Jericho-2 nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, which are buried so far underground they would survive a nuclear strike, he said.

"The Iranians would be very foolish if they attacked Israel," Beaver said.

German officials have said the contract for the new submarines was signed on July 6, and the Jerusalem Post reported this week the subs will be operational shortly.

Israel, operating on a policy of nuclear ambiguity, has never confirmed or denied whether it has nuclear weapons. It is believed, however, to have the world's sixth-largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, including hundreds of warheads.

Iran so far has resisted calls by the U.N. Security Council to halt uranium enrichment, despite an Aug. 31 deadline that is accompanied by the threat of sanctions.

The dispute over Tehran's nuclear program revolves around Iran's insistence that it wants to master the technology simply to generate electricity. Critics say Iran wants to make nuclear weapons.

The Dolphin submarine could be one of the best deterrents, Beaver said. The technology on the submarines makes them undetectable and gives them defensive capabilities in the case of attack, he said.

"They are very well-built, very well-prepared, lots of interesting equipment, one of the best conventional submarines available," Beaver said. "We are talking about a third string of deterrence capabilities."

Michael Karpin, an expert on Israel's nuclear capabilities who published a book on the issue in the United States, said nuclear submarines provide better second-strike capabilities than missiles launched from airplanes.

"Planes are vulnerable, unlike nuclear submarines that can operate for an almost unlimited amount of time without being struck," Karpin said. "Second-strike capabilities are a crucial element in any nuclear conflict."

In Germany, members of two opposition parties criticized the deal. Winfried Nachtwei, national security spokesman for the Greens, said the decision was wrong because Germany had obtained no guarantee the submarines would not be used to carry nuclear weapons.

"This red line should not be crossed," Nachtwei was quoted as saying by the taz newspaper. "Otherwise it is a complete renunciation of Germany's policy of non-proliferation."

David Menashri, an Israeli expert on Iran, said Tehran is clearly determined to obtain nuclear power and "the purchase of additional Dolphin submarines by Israel is a small footnote in this context."

What also makes Tehran dangerous, Beaver said, is that it may not understand the consequences of carrying out a nuclear strike.

"They (Iran) have a belligerent leadership and that's why Israel is prudent in ensuring that it has that deterrent capability," Beaver said. "What they (the submarines) are is a very good insurance policy."

Re: Germany pays for 1/3 of Israels two new subs capable of carrying nuclear warheads

Worried,

I looked into the Dolphin class Attack sub. Here is the info on it:
    http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...hin/specs.html

From what I could gather, it is an attack type submarine. Designed more for Naval actions rather than Sea to land attacks. It's primary missile system is the Harpoon missile. An anti-ship missile.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_missile
    The Harpoon is not nuclear capable.

Germany may have chipped in on the tab for the sub, but it is not a "first-strike" nor a nuclear missile submarine.

Re: Germany pays for 1/3 of Israels two new subs capable of carrying nuclear warheads

Another slice of propaganda pie for you sir? You can wash it all down with a bullsh!t shake. mmmmm...tasty. :rolleyes:
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    Another slice of propaganda pie for you sir? You can wash it all down with a bullsh!t shake. mmmmm...tasty. :rolleyes:

Everything is B.u.l.l.s.h.i.t to you, DieChrist and the other liberal, Jew hating, conspiracy morons on this forum. I have never seen a group of people that can thumb their noses at the facts, and pretend they don't exist the way you all do. I guess if I chose to embrace such a morally lacking, bordering on communism, anti-American agenda like the one you idiots subscribe to, I would have to live in the same type of paranoid fantasy world as you. The only thing I'm not sure of, is whether you all are just plain liars, or if you have really convinced yourself that the crap you spew on this board is true. Either way, it must really suck to be you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Everything is B.u.l.l.s.h.i.t to you, DieChrist and the other liberal, Jew hating, conspiracy morons on this forum. I have never seen a group of people that can thumb their noses at the facts, and pretend they don't exist the way you all do. I guess if I chose to embrace such a morally lacking, bordering on communism, anti-American agenda like the one you idiots subscribe to, I would have to live in the same type of paranoid fantasy world as you. The only thing I'm not sure of, is whether you all are just plain liars, or if you have really convinced yourself that the crap you spew on this board is true. Either way, it must really suck to be you.

No...it must really suck to be YOU Grim. You and your Neocon pus-leaking, pud yankers continually spew your inept brand of sh!t that asphyxiates the cognitive population. Officious dumbfvcks like yourself make it easy for the fanatical, drivel gibbering Nazis who seek power and control of America. You just bend over and take the prize. You have yourself setup with a constant IV sh!t drip of Fox News to ensure you stay focused while your last brain cell struggles to exist with the oxygen deprivation. Ha...ha...ha...

That's why I like saying bullsh!t Grim. It clearly defines what you're full of. Everytime I see your posts, I know we're gonna need an excavator and a dumptruck to keep up with the incessant flow of effluvium and excrement that emancipates from your a s s.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;

As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17

well,by scripture we must CONCLUDE that "YOU" in IGNORANCE,ABOUNDS!?for a jew is NOT a CHRISTIAN by ASSOCIATION?!or IS!?hehe!?trick question ,just for you!?a JEW!?(WANNA BE!?)hehe!!so get a REAL LIFE!?or BEAT THE DRUMS OF IGNORANCE FOREVER!?hehe!!

Another slice of propaganda pie for you sir? You can wash it all down with a bullsh!t shake. mmmmm...tasty.
    If what I posted is BS then could you please provide a link to the specs on Dolphin class attack subs and their weaponry?

When you consider that a nuke can fit in a suitcase on up, anything can be a delivery vehicle. Also the Russians are missing a few.

Anyone stupid enough to start a nuclear exchange will be jumped on with both feet by the rest of the world. It doesn't matter if it's India, Pakistan, Isreal, Iran, or whoever. Of all them, Pakistan is the one to worry about, they are hanging on by a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    If what I posted is BS then could you please provide a link to the specs on Dolphin class attack subs and their weaponry?
    My comment wasn't referring to your post, that's why you weren't in quotes. I was commenting on the article itself. The Zionists control much of the media in North America, so to ensure people get all excited over certain things doesn't take much effort. Hence, my comment.

Just so we're clear...

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    Israel adds 2 nuclear-capable submarines By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI, Associated Press Writer
    4 minutes ago

JERUSALEM - With the purchase of two more German-made Dolphin submarines capable of carrying nuclear warheads, military experts say Israel is sending a clear message to Iran that it can strike back if attacked by nuclear weapons.

The purchases come at a time when Iran is refusing to bow to growing Western demands to halt its nuclear program, and after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

The new submarines, built at a cost of $1.3 billion with Germany footing one-third of the bill, have propulsion systems that allow them to remain submerged for longer periods of time than the three nuclear-capable submarines already in Israel's fleet, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The latest submarines not only would be able to carry out a first strike should Israel choose to do so, but they also would provide Israel with crucial second-strike capabilities, said Paul Beaver, a London-based independent defense analyst.

Israel is already believed to have that ability in the form of the Jericho-1 and Jericho-2 nuclear-capable ballistic missiles, which are buried so far underground they would survive a nuclear strike, he said.

"The Iranians would be very foolish if they attacked Israel," Beaver said.

German officials have said the contract for the new submarines was signed on July 6, and the Jerusalem Post reported this week the subs will be operational shortly.

Israel, operating on a policy of nuclear ambiguity, has never confirmed or denied whether it has nuclear weapons. It is believed, however, to have the world's sixth-largest stockpile of nuclear weapons, including hundreds of warheads.

Iran so far has resisted calls by the U.N. Security Council to halt uranium enrichment, despite an Aug. 31 deadline that is accompanied by the threat of sanctions.

The dispute over Tehran's nuclear program revolves around Iran's insistence that it wants to master the technology simply to generate electricity. Critics say Iran wants to make nuclear weapons.

The Dolphin submarine could be one of the best deterrents, Beaver said. The technology on the submarines makes them undetectable and gives them defensive capabilities in the case of attack, he said.

"They are very well-built, very well-prepared, lots of interesting equipment, one of the best conventional submarines available," Beaver said. "We are talking about a third string of deterrence capabilities."

Michael Karpin, an expert on Israel's nuclear capabilities who published a book on the issue in the United States, said nuclear submarines provide better second-strike capabilities than missiles launched from airplanes.

"Planes are vulnerable, unlike nuclear submarines that can operate for an almost unlimited amount of time without being struck," Karpin said. "Second-strike capabilities are a crucial element in any nuclear conflict."

In Germany, members of two opposition parties criticized the deal. Winfried Nachtwei, national security spokesman for the Greens, said the decision was wrong because Germany had obtained no guarantee the submarines would not be used to carry nuclear weapons.

"This red line should not be crossed," Nachtwei was quoted as saying by the taz newspaper. "Otherwise it is a complete renunciation of Germany's policy of non-proliferation."

David Menashri, an Israeli expert on Iran, said Tehran is clearly determined to obtain nuclear power and "the purchase of additional Dolphin submarines by Israel is a small footnote in this context."

What also makes Tehran dangerous, Beaver said, is that it may not understand the consequences of carrying out a nuclear strike.

"They (Iran) have a belligerent leadership and that's why Israel is prudent in ensuring that it has that deterrent capability," Beaver said. "What they (the submarines) are is a very good insurance policy."

Isn't this cute?

Giving the Zio-Nazis toys like this is like handing over a chain saw and a set of Ginzu Knives to Jeffrey Dhalmer.

This is what decades of Holocaust Brainwashing of German society has resulted in.

How ironic. Now the Germans are supplying Zionist Supremacist Commie Rats in Yidistan with the ultimate weapons to hold the entire European Continent hostage to their Orwellian Guilt Zeitgeist.

If Hitler had never existed, The Zionists would have invented him...Oh wait...

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    Worried,

I looked into the Dolphin class Attack sub. Here is the info on it:
    http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...hin/specs.html

From what I could gather, it is an attack type submarine. Designed more for Naval actions rather than Sea to land attacks. It's primary missile system is the Harpoon missile. An anti-ship missile.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpoon_missile
    The Harpoon is not nuclear capable.

Germany may have chipped in on the tab for the sub, but it is not a "first-strike" nor a nuclear missile submarine.
    so what exactly are you worried about???

TheWorker Guest

My comment wasn't referring to your post, that's why you weren't in quotes. I was commenting on the article itself. The Zionists control much of the media in North America, so to ensure people get all excited over certain things doesn't take much effort. Hence, my comment.

Just so we're clear...
    ahaha.

get the phuck out of my country and go back to canada if you hate it so much, terrorist lover....

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    so what exactly are you worried about???
    I was responding to "Worried in USA"...

I am curious though. Granted, the Dolphin class sub is armed with Harpoon anti-ship missiles. Is it possible to do a "conversion"? That is, convert the weapons system from the Harpoon to the Thomahawk cruise missile?

I am still hearing a lot of talk about Israel's new "nuclear capable" subs and I'd like to be more thorough.
    It seems plausible that Muslim extremists (insert nationality here) would not be overly concerned about a nuclear exchange with anybody... they'd all die as "martyrs".

Americanadian - Thanks for the clarification... I stand corrected.

The invitation, however, remains open to any contributor. If you have info/specs that could validate conversion capability I'd like to see it please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    ahaha.

get the phuck out of my country and go back to canada if you hate it so much, terrorist lover....
    How about you do something useful with your life? Like...pound sand up your a s s. Then, you just may be able to use your little pecker as a sandblaster. Once you are comfortable using it, you can contribute to the meaningful aspects of society. If you can't find any work for your 'little sandblaster', don't give up...you can always move to Malaysia and work at the Hot Wheels facility.
    Last edited by Americanadian; 08-26-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;