+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why you should join an MLM

I think most MLMs are a bad proposition, but a good reason to join would be to expand your network for your primary business.

Think about it. Being involved in an MLM gives you an opening to expand your real business by getting access to a huge amount of gullible people.

Genius!!!

Re: Why you should join an MLM

that's actually one of the most compelling incentives i've heard of for such a proposition, if you were in it just for money of course and disregard moral implications
    'everyone needs a gimmick darling' -Freddie Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    While there are many reasons to join an MLM... yours is not one of them.
    One because you'll find it isn't true, you'll be largely meeting business people and folks from all walks of life that are quite rational.
    and two because it will get you the boot from most companies as cross sponsoring is unethical...but ethics doesn't seem to be your concern.
    But it would benefit most of the anti's here to join one...so they'd be able to see first hand how wrong they are...they might actually learn somethng...
    Ethics?

Selling people bottles of water sprinkled with cactus powder for fifty bucks is ethical?
    Selling people a "business opportunity" but not telling them that well over 9 out of ten people fail at it and lose money is ethical?
    Telling people that your cactus water has beneficial health properties without any solid scientific studies and proof is ethical?

Funny that ethics aren't your concern either, yet you feel the need to comment on someone else's.

I never said you should cross sponsor. For example, if you are an electrician you may be able to find new clients in the MLM network and expand your electrician business.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post
    I never said you should cross sponsor. For example, if you are an electrician you may be able to find new clients in the MLM network and expand your electrician business.
    And why is an MLM/DS company needed, or recommended for anyone to 'network', to expand their primary business?

Once again, you make no sense.

More grasping for straws looking for a new spin on anti-MLM-ism?

:rotz:I think so.:blunt:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

So to be clear, as an electrician you are looking for " a huge amount of gullible people."
    AND, to find them one needs to incorporate an MLM into their portfolio?! WTF?!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I picked the wrong words when saying MLMrs are gullible. All I'm saying is that you get access to a whole network of people that you can prospect as customers for your non-MLM business.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post
    I picked the wrong words when saying MLMrs are gullible. All I'm saying is that you get access to a whole network of people that you can prospect as customers for your non-MLM business.
    Thanks for the 'correction'.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

One because you'll find it isn't true, you'll be largely meeting business people and folks from all walks of life that are quite rational.
    No, you won't be meeting business people. Business people are too busy running businesses. You know, a business, an outfit that has genuine products and satisfied customers, and make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by gsoh2011 View Post
    No, you won't be meeting business people. Business people are too busy running businesses. You know, a business, an outfit that has genuine products and satisfied customers, and make a profit.
    I have many ''traditional business people'' in my downline. Things ain't great for traditional business these days and they recognise a good thing when they see it.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    I have many ''traditional business people'' in my downline. Things ain't great for traditional business these days and they recognise a good thing when they see it.
    Therefore those people aren't business people. They are ex-business people.

Therefore those people aren't business people. They are ex-business people.
    Most are doing both, their own businesses plus MLM. Its a handy extra income for them while their businesses are going through hard times.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Most are doing both, their own businesses plus MLM. Its a handy extra income for them while their businesses are going through hard times.
    and presumably once the hard times are over, they then quit MLM and go back to their previous enterprise ? I have to ask, if MLM is so successful, why are they doing both ?

and presumably once the hard times are over, they then quit MLM and go back to their previous enterprise ?
    Not necessarily, they may have more success with MLM and enjoy the time freedom, something you don't very often get with a traditional small business.

I have to ask, if MLM is so successful, why are they doing both ?
    A MLM business takes time to build, usually anything from a couple of years upwards before a full time income can be earned. The ones I know are living off their businesses while building a MLM business in their spare time. At some point in the future they will have the choice to sell/stop their businesses if they wish to.

Not necessarily, they may have more success with MLM and enjoy the time freedom, something you don't very often get with a traditional small business.

A MLM business takes time to build, usually anything from a couple of years upwards before a full time income can be earned. The ones I know are living off their businesses while building a MLM business in their spare time. At some point in the future they will have the choice to sell/stop their businesses if they wish to.
    Your response makes perfect sense.

Multiple income streams.... Say you built up a landscape business, or a car dealership, or a restaurant, or bought a minor league sports franchise or built a few low rise buildings over the years.... whatever....and you've now got those operations with their own general managers or their own presidents, and you are now an absenttee owner....or a partial stockholder.... you still get a stream of income from the operation, but no longer handle day to day affairs. You may sit on the board, or have a part time office....

These folks add MLM as another stream of income, as they travel in worlds where folks can see the benefits and have the expertise, the business sense, the network, the skills and the wherewithal to take advantage of them. As one fellow said to me, I look at anything that can make me an extra 50-100k per year. And they also aren't looking to have an income off of it for the first few years, they look more long range.

But even when/if there MLM business is successful, and they manage it for 10-20 hours per month...why give up another business that is generating revenue as well for the same amount of time and effort or less?
    MLM works great in theory, but the reality usually paints a very different picture.