+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

What's NOT a scam?

Are there any threads here that the program/opportunity/job did not turn out to be a scam? It seems like EVERYTHING out there is a scam.

Please help me
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: What's NOT a scam?

I was just reading in redbook about ways to work at home and was pleased to see they say the same things I have been saying for over two years:

auctioneer: ebay, amazon, etc
    virtual assistant
    direct sales
    mystery shopping
    starting your own business in daycare, tutoring, etc

To become a virtual assistant, mystery shopper or to take surveys there are legitimate and free lists of companies on my website (click the link in my profile)

Easy enough! If you are looking for the magic bullet to make lots of money fast and easily, there just isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by katiescorner
    I was just reading in redbook about ways to work at home and was pleased to see they say the same things I have been saying for over two years:

auctioneer: ebay, amazon, etc
    virtual assistant
    direct sales
    mystery shopping
    starting your own business in daycare, tutoring, etc

To become a virtual assistant, mystery shopper or to take surveys there are legitimate and free lists of companies on my website (click the link in my profile)

Easy enough! If you are looking for the magic bullet to make lots of money fast and easily, there just isn't one.
    Thanks I'll check it out.

I'm not looking to "make millions in working 10 seconds a day in my underware" kinda crap. I want to work and I'll work hard but I needs to be something I can do from my computer. If I can average an extra $2K/month working 20-30 hours (or so) per week, I'll be exractic... I need to make ends meet, not trying to "make a fortune on the the internet"

I've tried EBAY and the problem I've found is that the wholesale prices are not competive enough to compensate for auction fees/paypal fees and a modest (10% or less) profit. Which stinks because I really enjoy ebay.

I've also tried the paid survey thing...twice and after 3 weeks of signing up at sites and filling out surveys I only "made" a $25 off coupon for Mrs. Fields cookies....

The virtual assitant sounds interesting though....

Let me know what you like the best......
    THanks for the input!!

I love the surveys and I also created my own business as you know with the websites. The reason most people fail is because they don't have the patience to wait. I did ebay (forget the wholesale crap and go to yard sales or look around your house) and daycare for the first year. After the first year I was able to make enough from affiliate advertising on my websites that I didn't have to do ebay or daycare anymore. If I had just thrown in the towel on the websites I wouldn't be where I am today. I definately do NOT make thousands of dollars a month but I do make close to $2k a month and I am happy with that. One weekend I did make over a thousand in a matter of about three days from one of my affiliate programs and that was pretty cool but it was a great promotion and unfortunately that doesn't happen everyday :)
    If you want to get into the fair money with surveys you must first sign up with only legitimate companies and then take each and every survey religiously for at least three months before you will start seeing the good ones come through. After you have established yourself as a legitimate survey taker you will see the rewards and can be a little more choosy.
    Ebooks are another good way to go. I am currently a partner in a new ebook. I will be the administrator for the websites and work to set up an affiliate program, etc. I expect within a year or so we will be seeing some great returns (again with the patience) I believe the key to good ebook sales is writing a quality book to begin with. If writing is something you enjoy it can be a good way to go. Stay away from the work at home books and the things that can be considered schemes. Our e-book is about how to run a one day golf tournament. That is a very solid and good niche and exactly what is needed. Blogs are another great way to make money if you like writing. I know one lady who is making consistently around $1800 a month from her blogs. She has 8 of them and does a fantastic job with it. If you go that route stay away from the blogging communities that want you to share adsense time with them. There is a lot to learn but if you can pick at least an "area" that you like you will have a starting point and can go from there!

Quote Originally Posted by mfriedl1

Let me know what you like the best......
    THanks for the input!!
    Be a webmaster like katiescorner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    Be a webmaster like katiescorner.
    How do you make money as a webmaster? I thought that I webmaster is just the perosn who owns/keeps up a website?

How do you make money as a webmaster? I thought that I webmaster is just the perosn who owns/keeps up a website?

http://abestweb.com/

There's a lot of information

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne
    http://abestweb.com/

There's a lot of information
    Thanks, much appreciated :)

Does any one know anything about Computer Learning Center? Is this a scam . After doing reseach on anything to do on the internet at home I am afraid to get into anything. They all (sound to good to be true) This place is supposed to be for at home data entry. Please help. :eek: :o :mad:

10. 08-24-2006, 05:45 PM

mfriedl1, I saw this link in another thread:

http://www.contractxchange.com/

I watched the little video presentation, and it looks like what these folks do is provide you access on their site (for free) to apply for jobs with well known companies to do home-based order taking and customer service. It looked ideal for a stay-at-home mom and a couple of college kids I know, so I've passed it on to them. You may want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCH

I watched the little video presentation, and it looks like what these folks do is provide you access on their site (for free) to apply for jobs with well known companies to do home-based order taking and customer service. It looked ideal for a stay-at-home mom and a couple of college kids I know, so I've passed it on to them. You may want to check it out.
    I'll check it out...Thanks JCH!

Quote Originally Posted by angryinternetguy
    katiescorner. What is a good amount of money one can expect to earn monthly while taking surveys? I mean time spent etc.... How many surveys etc... and amount of money paid? I know you can't give an exact amount but can you approximate it?
    There really is no good answer because it just doesn't work that way. There have been months I made $20 and months I made $400. It depends on your demographics and what companies are looking for any given time. It also depends on you. If you sit around waiting for the emails to come you will miss out. If you join a good message board where there is a lot of survey communication you can find out right away which surveys are leading to pay and/or product tests and you can find out about any new focus groups and try to get in. As far as time, I usually spend about 1/2 an hour a day. Every now and then I will run into a LONG survey and that might be bumped up to an hour or so. There have also been days when it seems like every company in the world has a survey and I may spend a couple of hours but that is pretty rare. I know this doesn't really answer your questions but it really is different for each person. My totals are closer to a few thousand a year but I have talked to a lot of people who made over $6k last year. I have only been doing this for a couple of years so I don't know if they are getting those amounts because they have been doing them longer or if they are involved in a lot of focus groups in their area. I suspect it is a mixture of both.

You should of joined for free first, beause you get $100 for every person who does the training and gets hired by a company. Become an affiliate with contactxchange before referring.

Quote Originally Posted by JCH

Are there any threads here that the program/opportunity/job did not turn out to be a scam? It seems like EVERYTHING out there is a scam.

Please help me
    It sure seems that way sometimes, doesn't it? And the truth is, there are more scams than actual opportunities.. By far.. But there are legitimate opportunities out there, as katiescorner pointed out - you just have to find your niche. It mostly depends on what you're comfortable doing and how hard you're willing to work to make it happen..

I've recently completed a new set of work at home jobs/strategies, if anybody is interested feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I'll copy and paste

Please help me
    i started a business oppotunity online program. i will addmit i was skeptical but i gave it a go i didn't earn thousands of dollars a week (like most of them say you will) i think i earned $20 in my first week but i keep with it (some times i thought why bother) but i earn about $400 a week(95% of the time) i'm happy with that i could probably earn more if i want to put in alot more hours. but hey! i'm happy doing what i do.

Please help me
    i started a business oppotunity online program. i will addmit i was skeptical but i gave it a go i didn't earn thousands of dollars a week (like most of them say you will) i think i earned $20 in my first week but i keep with it (some times i thought why bother) but i earn about $400 a week(95% of the time) i'm happy with that i could probably earn more if i want to put in alot more hours. but hey! i'm happy doing what i do.
    http://kellbell22.reseller.hop.clickbank.net

18. 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM

Reason
    FORUM VIOLATON