+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I thought this message board is about scams...

I clicked on this section expecting to see information about religious scams, but apparently it is just about people discussing religious beliefs for the most part.

Re: I thought this message board is about scams...

Yeah, except for the occasional Binny Hinn thread, this section is pretty much scam free. Of course, we also have members like Gnosisquest who believe all relgions are a scam. To each his own, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by theantiscam
    I clicked on this section expecting to see information about religious scams, but apparently it is just about people discussing religious beliefs for the most part.
    explain to me what MEAN by your question!?hehe!!and how is religious beliefs not a PART of all religious SCAMS!?you know,the teach a man to fish rule!?so do just want a fish!?(handout!?)and then,there's the copycat seekers!?hehe!!just askin....

I don't understand how you think a religion is classified as a scam - as in someone ripped you off??? That doesn't make sense to me.

Now if you are saying you think it is a scam because you don't believe in it, then that is an odd way of seeing things.

When I say scam, I mean someone is ripping people off, it's not the same thing. Or maybe everyone here has their own definition of "scam".

I don't understand how you think a religion is classified as a scam - as in someone ripped you off??? That doesn't make sense to me.

Now if you are saying you think it is a scam because you don't believe in it, then that is an odd way of seeing things.

When I say scam, I mean someone is ripping people off, it's not the same thing. Or maybe everyone here has their own definition of "scam".
    Oh being ripped off in the name of christianity happens all the time, just look at some of the charity rip offs, or TV religion or the ever popular "gifting" programs. Everything is done in the name of and with the blessing of Christ. Thus making religion into one of the biggest scams going and one that should divorce itself from business and get on with the work of evangelizing.

They should be stressing that to their followers, who aren't to be "money changers" but humble servants.

Lady Mod

The devil is the biggest scammer of all - i think dispelling his myths and finding the truth is definitely a way to consider religious scams.

bethelight

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    The devil is the biggest scammer of all - i think dispelling his myths and finding the truth is definitely a way to consider religious scams.

bethelight
    WHY thanks!?...that's such a POLITICAL type QUIP!?care to LIST the GREIVANCES!?hehe!?just askin....

HEY!!thanks for EXPOSING yourself to the WORLD!?hehe!!we were kinda WONDER-IN what the H E L L you meant!?hehe! just askin...

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

If you want proof that it is a scam, next time you are passed a collection plate stand up and say that you don't want to give and see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag
    If you want proof that it is a scam, next time you are passed a collection plate stand up and say that you don't want to give and see what happens...

A church should never force any one to give a tithe...
    If you do not give a tithe you miss out on the blessing the Lord gives according to that tithe... but you will not be kicked out..
    A church is suppose to be a hospital not a court room -- leave
    the final judgement to the God

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

A church should never force any one to give a tithe...
    If you do not give a tithe you miss out on the blessing the Lord gives according to that tithe... but you will not be kicked out..
    A church is suppose to be a hospital not a court room -- leave
    the final judgement to the God

But that is excactly why it is a scam. They are selling blessings. Since when did the blessings belong to the church to sell?

If I were to tell you I will sell you the Space Needle, but you can never go see it for another 60 years you would say thats a scam immediately.

If there is a God, he would not ask you to pay for a blessing. If you believed in him you would simply BE blessed. I remember seeing passeges saying not to worship any object(such as a church) or any one person(such as a priest)

I believe that you have a much better chance of obtaining a reward from an omnipoent being by trying to be a good person that tossing 10% of your lifes earnings to some guy who think they can hear god talking.

But that is excactly why it is a scam. They are selling blessings. Since when did the blessings belong to the church to sell?

If I were to tell you I will sell you the Space Needle, but you can never go see it for another 60 years you would say thats a scam immediately.

If there is a God, he would not ask you to pay for a blessing. If you believed in him you would simply BE blessed. I remember seeing passeges saying not to worship any object(such as a church) or any one person(such as a priest)

I believe that you have a much better chance of obtaining a reward from an omnipoent being by trying to be a good person that tossing 10% of your lifes earnings to some guy who think they can hear god talking.

The church is a symbolic representation of the Lord's house.
    The church can not provide the blessings ,,, God/Jesus does that.
    I guess you have never received a blessing or reward from God.
    You receive blessings by following God's commands and
    one of God's commands is to tithe 10% - 10% does not have
    to all go to the church... pick a charity of your choice and donate 10%. God wants you to donate to someone that needs help - if you dont deem the church as it - pick a group that you think who does...
    local school, shelters for the homeless, battered women support,
    pregnancy centres, youth programs to keep teens off the street for some examples...

bethelight

God wants you to donate to someone that needs help
    and god helps those that help them self right?

sorry to easy to let that go without comment

Quote Originally Posted by wazzaa
    and god helps those that help them self right?

sorry to easy to let that go without comment
    You have to be helping for the right reasons...

90% for yourself and 10% to help doesnt sound like an unfair distribution?

bethelight
    I like that very much - so true.

If you believe in the word of God and what the Bible says, you would never do that, besides if you believe that, what in the world are you doing in a church? Interesting thought........