+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I Dare Any American to Name a Single Bush or Republican N S Success...Just One

Bush and Republicans have not succeeded in a single national security-related endeavor

By A. Alexander
    Mathaba.net

Republicans are masters at creating a political perception that is entirely divorced from reality. On no other issue is this highlighted more clearly than regarding national security. What is more incredible still, is that the American people buy into these Republican myths regardless of what their own senses tell them.

Somewhere in the national security formula must be a variable called competence. How is it possible for a president or party to keep the nation secure, if their strategy has resulted in a string of one failure followed by another? Bush and Republicans began the war in Afghanistan, completed half the job, pulled out most of the military resources, and have done virtually nothing as that country slips back into the hands of al Qaeda and the Taliban. A recent report stated, in no uncertain terms, that the Bush-backed strategy for combating an Islamist insurrection in Pakistan has failed 'badly'. The Bush administration's attempts at preventing Somalia from falling to Taliban-like Islamists, has also failed. All this, of course, says nothing about the complete and utter disaster known as Iraq.

Iraq was, is, and will be a Bush and Republican operation. They wanted the war, made up out of thin air the evidence to get the war, fired any General who tried to tell them their post-invasion force was too small to secure the country, and steadfastly refused to alter their policy. Contrary to altering their march toward failure, they've insisted we must 'stay the course'. Further, due to our being trapped in Iraq, Iran has begun developing nuclear weapons and North Korea has actually quadrupled the number of nuclear weapons in their arsenal.

Bush and Republicans have not succeeded in a single national security-related endeavor. Indeed, everything they've done has made America less safe. That other nations maintain a healthy fear of our military might is vital to national security but, too, just as important is that world leaders respect American diplomacy and our leadership. Today, few nations take seriously our threat of force because they know we are bogged down in Iraq. Both North Korea and Iran have made a hobby of thumbing their noses at Bush's threats of force. And it would require a determined Sherlock Holmes-like detective to discover many global leaders who respect either America's diplomatic efforts, or our leadership.

That the United States has lost all respect within the international community cannot be denied. It is humiliating enough that a ranking member of the British government called the President of the United States 'crap', but it is all the more embarrassing and telling when the Chinese envoy tells the United States to 'shut up'.

'''It's better for the U.S. to shut up,' Sha said. 'Keep quiet. It's much, much better.'''

"It is better for the U.S. to shut up"? The President of the United States is "crap"? In what parallel universe do the people of America view the sum total of Bush and Republican national security failures and hear world leaders uttering such disrespectful remarks and still, they arrive at the conclusion that Republicans are strong on national security? For the love of all things good and merciful, on whose watch did 9/11 occur? When it comes to the myth that Republicans are "strong" on national security, what will it take for the American people to realize they've been sold a bill of goods?

I challenge any American to name a single instance relating to national security, where either Bush or the Republican Party has been a success. Just one example of success...just one!

A. Alexander
    http://mathaba.net/news/?x=541907

Re: I Dare Any American to Name a Single Bush or Republican N S Success...Just One

Terrorists Admit Failure Caused By Patriot Act

The Washington Times reported that members of the homegrown terrorist organization The Portland Seven complained that government action, including the Patriot Act, "crimped their terrorist plans." The Washington Times reported the leader of the group, Jeffrey Leon Battle “even invoked President Bush by name. ‘Everybody's scared to give up any money to help us,’ he told an informant. ‘Because of that law that Bush wrote about, you know, supporting terrorism, whatever.’”

Poll Shows Americans Trust Republicans More Than Dems To Fight Terrorism

June 28, 2006:
    CNN’s The Situation Room reported, “New polling suggests congressional debate on a US withdrawal from Iraq did not change minds, but it did push the politics. A Washington Post/ABC poll finds Republicans with a seven-point edge on the question of which party would best handle terrorism. Forty-six percent of Americans said Republicans, 39 percent said Democrats. That's a seven point drop for Democrats in a month…The same poll shows Democrats losing ground on Iraq. They still hold a six-point edge as the party that would do a better job, but that is down from the 14-point advantage they had in May. Wrong way for a group that hopes to win big at polls.

War On Terror Crippling Al-Qaeda Communications

The Washington Times reported that "Osama bin Laden and his top deputy remain at large, but the Bush administration's top counterterrorism coordinator says the international manhunt has limited their effectiveness. Retired Vice Adm. John Scott Redd, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, told The Washington Times that al Qaeda's 'central' leader bin Laden and No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri have been forced to limit their communications and public exposure after U.S. troops 'drained the swamp' of terrorists in Afghanistan in 2001."

There ya go, two more than you asked for.
    Last edited by hdmarketing; 08-20-2006 at 08:55 PM.

Re: I Dare Any American to Name a Single Bush or Republican N S Success...Just One

Quote Originally Posted by hdmarketing
    Terrorists Admit Failure Caused By Patriot Act

The Washington Times reported that members of the homegrown terrorist organization The Portland Seven complained that government action, including the Patriot Act, "crimped their terrorist plans." The Washington Times reported the leader of the group, Jeffrey Leon Battle “even invoked President Bush by name. ‘Everybody's scared to give up any money to help us,’ he told an informant. ‘Because of that law that Bush wrote about, you know, supporting terrorism, whatever.’”

Poll Shows Americans Trust Republicans More Than Dems To Fight Terrorism

June 28, 2006:
    CNN’s The Situation Room reported, “New polling suggests congressional debate on a US withdrawal from Iraq did not change minds, but it did push the politics. A Washington Post/ABC poll finds Republicans with a seven-point edge on the question of which party would best handle terrorism. Forty-six percent of Americans said Republicans, 39 percent said Democrats. That's a seven point drop for Democrats in a month…The same poll shows Democrats losing ground on Iraq. They still hold a six-point edge as the party that would do a better job, but that is down from the 14-point advantage they had in May. Wrong way for a group that hopes to win big at polls.

War On Terror Crippling Al-Qaeda Communications

The Washington Times reported that "Osama bin Laden and his top deputy remain at large, but the Bush administration's top counterterrorism coordinator says the international manhunt has limited their effectiveness. Retired Vice Adm. John Scott Redd, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, told The Washington Times that al Qaeda's 'central' leader bin Laden and No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri have been forced to limit their communications and public exposure after U.S. troops 'drained the swamp' of terrorists in Afghanistan in 2001."

There ya go, two more than you asked for.
    I wasn't asking for anything, I posted it to see if he was right, but seeing you think it was me asking; I don't think your answers hold up.

Remember this is my view on what you say.

Home grown Terrorist group complained..........

Come on! So a group of Macdonald haters (whatever) go to the Washington Post to complain about getting their donations stopped.

Leader of the group, Jeffrey Leon Battle; What!! they know who he is and he's still walking around!

I do find it hard to beleive that would happen. Mind Media.

New polling suggests congressional debate on a US withdrawal from Iraq did not change minds

What did that stop?

Osama bin Laden

He has done nothing against the US since 1998.
    Bush administration's top counterterrorism coordinator says the international manhunt has limited their effectiveness. Well he would do-true or not!

If they were credible cases of stopping Terrorism how many $billions did it cost again?

So I say it's Alexander 1 - Aaginst 0 . :)

Now, are there any real instances of you Americans getting value for money?

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicOldGit
    I wasn't asking for anything, I posted it to see if he was right, but seeing you think it was me asking; I don't think your answers hold up.
    Well lets see:

You dared to name ONE, I named three.

Remember this is my view on what you say.

Home grown Terrorist group complained..........

Come on! So a group of Macdonald haters (whatever) go to the Washington Post to complain about getting their donations stopped.

Leader of the group, Jeffrey Leon Battle; What!! they know who he is and he's still walking around!

I do find it hard to beleive that would happen. Mind Media.
    right, YOUR opinion, but the FACT of the matter is that it in FACT was a group plot that was "SuCCESSFUL"

New polling suggests congressional debate on a US withdrawal from Iraq did not change minds

What did that stop?
    IT IS PUTTING A stop TO COMUNICATIONS...

So I say it's Alexander 1 - Aaginst 0 . :)
    once again "So You Say"

I just gave you three.

Here is another:

Refrence the last effort.

The Counterterrorism Policies Many Dems Oppose Have Protected Us Again

August 11, 2006: Time.com reported on the details of the terrorist plot that was derailed yesterday, including that fact that US Intelligence intercepts of terrorist communications were crucial, saying “A total of 24 individuals were arrested in Britain overnight and, says one senior U.S. official who was briefed on the plot, five still remain at large. Their plan was to smuggle the peroxide-based liquid explosive TATP and detonators onto nine different planes from four carriers — British Airways, Continental, United and American — that fly direct routes between the U.K and the U.S. and blow them up mid-air. Intelligence officials estimate that about 2,700 people would have perished, according to the official. …a knowledgeable American official says U.S. intelligence provided London authorities with intercepts of the group's communications.”

The Wall Street Journal editorializes today “As we approach the fifth anniversary of 9/11 without another major attack on U.S. soil, now is the right moment to consider the policies that have protected us--and those in public life who have fought those policies nearly every step of the way…As the time since 9/11 has passed, many of America's elites have begun to portray U.S. government policies as a greater threat than the terrorists themselves. George Soros and others have said this explicitly, and their political allies in Congress and the media have staged a relentless campaign against the very practices that saved innocent lives this week. We doubt that many Americans who will soon board an airplane agree.”

I can give you 299,523,597

That's how many american citizens have been protected since 9/11

uniformed schmuck
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

The Mastermind

March 5, 2003

“They decided that the goal was to cause as many deaths as possible, to direct a big slap to America on American soil, in front of the world.”
    Al Jazeera reporter Yosri Fouda

(CBS) Osama bin Laden may still be at large, but the man captured in Pakistan last Saturday was even more important than bin Laden in the planning and execution of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was apprehended in his pajamas just before dawn in a suburban home near the Pakistani capital of Islamabad. American authorities will have many questions for him because as, Bob Simon first reported last fall on 60 Minutes II, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was not only the mastermind of 9/11, but America’s most lethal enemy for more than a decade.

Just how important he was in the campaign to bring America to its knees only started to dawn on U.S. investigators last spring. Around that time, a reporter for the Arabic news channel Al Jazeera was summoned to Pakistan for a meeting with the men on the inside.

Not only did Al Jazeera reporter Yosri Fouda interview Mohammed, whose role in the plot only became clear to American intelligence last spring, but he also spoke with Ramzi Binalshibh, Mohamed Atta’s Hamburg roommate, who was originally slated to be one of the four pilots leading the attack.

Invited to Karachi by al Qaeda, Fouda was driven blindfolded – with several changes of cars – to an apartment where he met the two men.

“Immediately Khalid introduces himself as head of the military committee of al Qaeda,” said Fouda of Mohammed, a Kuwaiti of Pakistani descent who has terrorized Americans since 1993.

According to Khalid, that committee actually was the arm of al Qaeda that decided to strike America inside America, and also chose the targets that were actually hit on Sept. 11.

As Fouda described it, Osama bin Laden is the chairman of the board, and Khalid Shaikh Mohammed is the CEO who gets things done. Mohammed has only been interviewed once in his life. His meeting with Foudra was his first - and possibly his last - with a reporter.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in524947.shtml

sorry to reign on terrorist-supporting parade

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    The Mastermind

March 5, 2003

“They decided that the goal was to cause as many deaths as possible, to direct a big slap to America on American soil, in front of the world.”
    Al Jazeera reporter Yosri Fouda

(CBS) Osama bin Laden may still be at large, but the man captured in Pakistan last Saturday was even more important than bin Laden in the planning and execution of the Sept. 11 attacks.

You Actually BELIEVE that propaganda? :eek:

Lady Mod

Unfortunately American Politicians are known to be "Pennywise and Pound foolish" and very bad stewards of American $$$.

How much were those toilet seats they purchased once for the White House?

You Actually BELIEVE that propaganda?
    What propaganda, that they did in fact capture Khalid Shaikh Mohammed or that he was the mastermind of 9/11?

Yes Lady Mod I do believe that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was the mastermind of 9/11 as did the Pakistani authorities and if you had bothered to read the article it said that this guy pretty much spilled his guts about everything, but hey ...you just keep you're head buried in the sand if you so choose

Feds foil plot to blow up PATH tunnels
    BY TOM BRUNE AND J. JIONI PALMER
    Newsday Washington Bureau

July 8, 2006

WASHINGTON -- For at least a year, eight followers of al-Qaida, scattered across six foreign countries, discussed how to send suicide bombers to blow up PATH tunnels under the Hudson River, but their plans never came even close to realization, U.S. officials said yesterday.

The planning for the ambitious terrorist attack, one that would kill thousands of commuters and undercut the American economy, came to an abrupt end in April with the arrest of a 31-year-old Lebanese native who confessed he was the mastermind, the officials said.

The existence of the plot, and the year-long investigation by the FBI and six other countries that led to the arrests of the leader and at least two other suspects, was confirmed by authorities yesterday.

In briefings and interviews, U.S. and Lebanese officials painted a picture of a group with outsized ambitions but little resources or ability to carry them through.

The methods of its alleged mastermind, Assem Hammoud, were hardly sophisticated -- he was discovered in Internet chat rooms, and Lebanese security agents simply tracked him down through his Internet address.

And the group had not even gained entry into the United States to conduct surveillance of targets, nor had they acquired the necessary resources and materials to carry out an attack, the FBI said.

"We believe we intercepted this group early in their plotting," said Mark Mershon, chief of the FBI's New York City field office, in a Manhattan briefing. "In fact, the plan has largely been disrupted."

Mershon and White House homeland security adviser Fran Townsend called the plot "the real deal."

"This is a plot that involved martyrdom and explosives and certain of the tubes that connect Jersey and lower Manhattan," Mershon said, saying the PATH tunnels were specifically targeted.

Mershon and other officials complained about the disclosure of the plot and investigation, reported first in Friday's editions of the New York Daily News. They said it will complicate the continuing investigation and relations with other governments involved.

He also said the paper reported erroneously that the target was the Holland Tunnel instead of the PATH tubes.

The disclosure came on the first anniversary of the suicide bombings on the London subways, which killed 52 people.

Officials and terrorism experts offered different views on whether the plot sought to disrupt the economy by flooding the city, as reported by the Daily News, or simply sought to create a dramatic attack.

Engineers and officials who have worked at the World Trade Center site say that an explosion in the PATH tunnels running into the pit could, in theory, flood the site because it is several stories below the level of the Hudson River. But such a scenario is unlikely, they argue, because of floodgates installed in the tunnels after Sept. 11, 2001, and the difficulty of smuggling sufficient explosives onto a commuter train.

There was disagreement on how close the suspected terrorists were to al-Qaida or whether they had contacts, as one report said, with the late Iraqi terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

A Washington source with knowledge of the situation said, "The use of the term 'real deal' isn't consistent with what people have been saying in private. It's not considered a huge threat."

A year ago, the FBI discovered Hammoud, who used the nom de guerre of Emir Adulusi, and tipped off Lebanese Internal Security, said the FBI and a senior Lebanese security official.

During the next several months, as his phone and Internet communications were closely monitoried, Hammoud sent the others "detailed maps and instructions" about the potential targets, the Lebanese official said.

On April 27, Lebanese authorities arrested Hammoud, a Lebanese official said. Two other suspects were arrested in two other countries, Mershon said, and the others remain at large, but outside the United States.

Only Hammoud has been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    What propaganda, that they did in fact capture Khalid Shaikh Mohammed or that he was the mastermind of 9/11?

Yes Lady Mod I do believe that Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was the mastermind of 9/11 as did the Pakistani authorities and if you had bothered to read the article it said that this guy pretty much spilled his guts about everything, but hey ...you just keep you're head buried in the sand if you so choose
    C'mon. Admission means nothing to them. Bin Laden claimed responsibility in the name of Al Qaeda for 9/11, but these guys don't think he did it. They'd rather believe that America did that to America. Though not a single American has claimed responsibility. Kinda skewed logic don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by fragout81
    C'mon. Admission means nothing to them. Bin Laden claimed responsibility in the name of Al Qaeda for 9/11, but these guys don't think he did it. They'd rather believe that America did that to America. Though not a single American has claimed responsibility. Kinda skewed logic don't you think?

What guys don't believe Bin Laden didn't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by fragout81
    I hear that fragout81, and suspect there were more tears than cheers when we caught Saddam and killed Zarqawi, but I guess its tough being an emotional ,wacky liberal because to them if they genuinely were happy about any success at all in the war on terror than they'd being supporting Bush, but hey, they're only human .... I think...

Liberals Against Victory

Originally Posted by hdmarketing
    August 11, 2006: Time.com reported on the details of the terrorist plot that was derailed yesterday, including that fact that US Intelligence intercepts of terrorist communications were crucial, saying “A total of 24 individuals were arrested in Britain overnight and, says one senior U.S. official who was briefed on the plot, five still remain at large. Their plan was to smuggle the peroxide-based liquid explosive TATP and detonators onto nine different planes from four carriers — British Airways, Continental, United and American — that fly direct routes between the U.K and the U.S. and blow them up mid-air. Intelligence officials estimate that about 2,700 people would have perished, according to the official. …a knowledgeable American official says U.S. intelligence provided London authorities with intercepts of the group's communications.”
    I have been watching a special report on the box no more than 5 or 6 hours ago about that very thing.

The police said the first anybody knew about it was "information given to them by the Muslim community".

a knowledgeable American official says U.S. intelligence provided London authorities with intercepts of the group's communications
    I am glad that "knowledge American official -Ho Ho" was a liar, or it would mean they were tapping our phones. Just as they do in their own country. Just as Isreal does in America.

I have been watching a special report on the box no more than 5 or 6 hours ago about that very thing.

The police said the first anybody knew about it was "information given to them by the Muslim community".

I am glad that "knowledge American official -Ho Ho" was a liar, or it would mean they were tapping our phones. Just as they do in their own country. Just as Isreal does in America.

Yes, aint it nice.

Ohhh and by the way your topic was I Dare Any American to Name a Single Bush or Republican N S Success...Just One
    Too bad you were WRONG again ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hdmarketing
    Yes, aint it nice.

Ohhh and by the way your topic was I Dare Any American to Name a Single Bush or Republican N S Success...Just One
    Too bad you were WRONG again ;)
    You are the wrong one, I posted it to see if there has been any. :cool:

I wasn't asking for anything, I posted it to see if he was right