+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Muslims killing Muslims since at least 799AD

Any one who says murder is not the Muslim norm needs to pay attention to the last line of this news report.

Cars off Baghdad streets as Shi'ites gather By Ross Colvin
    21 minutes ago

Baghdad's streets were largely empty on Saturday after the government banned all movement of vehicles to guard against any attack on a major Shi'ite religious festival in a city gripped by sectarian violence.

Snipers were posted on rooftops while Iraqi soldiers and police sealed off the streets around the shrine of Imam Musa Kadhim in the northern district of Kadhimiya, the focus of the two-day festival. Pilgrims entering the area were body-searched.

Nearly 1,000 Shi'ite pilgrims were killed in a stampede during last year's ceremony, when a crowd heading toward the shrine was panicked by rumors of a suicide bomber.

It was the greatest loss of Iraqi life in a single incident since the U.S.-led invasion of 2003. Most of the victims were women and children, Iraqi officials said at the time.

Dozens of armed Mehdi Army militiamen loyal to Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr marched down Kadhimiya's main street. Wearing black T-shirts, camouflage trousers and woolen caps and toting AK-47 guns, they were deployed to protect the pilgrims, seven of whom were killed by gunmen in a Sunni suburb on Friday night.

Baghdad has been racked by sectarian bloodshed between majority Shi'ites and minority Sunnis since an attack on a Shi'ite shrine in February. The violence has overshadowed the Sunni insurgency and raised fears of all-out civil war.

Thousands of U.S. troop reinforcements have been sent to the capital city to help Iraqi security forces, who have so far failed to quell the violence that has killed thousands.

Shi'ite Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, whose three-month-old government has battled to defuse sectarian tensions, called on mosque preachers to promote national reconciliation and vowed to pursue anyone "using Islam to promote sectarian violence."

Iraqi Army Brigadier Abdul-Jabbar al-Hamdani declined to say how many soldiers and police had been deployed but said there were three security rings around the shrine to protect pilgrims.

Palm groves and cemeteries, potential launchpads for mortar or rocket attacks, were also being searched.

"All vehicles are banned in Baghdad indefinitely," a Ministry of Defense spokesman said. The vehicle curfew began at 9 p.m. (1700 GMT) on Friday.

PILGRIMS WALK

Groups of pilgrims, some waving green flags, walked through the otherwise empty streets toward Kadhimiya. "It is a gift from God that we are safe. It is thanks to the police, army and Interior Ministry forces," one pilgrim said.

Marking the third anniversary of the bombing that killed 22 United Nations staff and wounded 166 at their Baghdad headquarters in 2003, U.N. special envoy Ashraf Qazi called for a swift solution to the violence wracking Iraq.

"The tragedy that the people of Iraq have endured with patience, hope and faith must be overcome, and soon. There is no time to lose," he told a ceremony in Baghdad marking the worst attack on a U.N. civilian mission.

A roadside bomb targeting the convoy of Brigadier General Jamil al-Haji, chief of staff of the 8th Iraqi Infantry Division, killed two of his bodyguards in Diwaniya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police in the town said.

Haji escaped unhurt and soldiers arrested three suspects.

The government has advised pilgrims attending the festival not to carry weapons, bags or mobile phones, which can be used to detonate bombs, accept food or drink from strangers, or "believe or start rumors that cause panic."

At least 965 people were killed last year in the panic sparked by rumors of an imminent attack by a suicide bomber. Many got caught in the crush on A'imma bridge over the Tigris or drowned when they jumped into the river.

Brigadier Hamdani said the bridge had been closed to pilgrims this year.

Shi'ite religious festivals attract tens of thousands of faithful and have been a frequent target of attack by militants, including members of al Qaeda.

This weekend Shi'ites will mark the death of Imam Musa Kadhim in 799 A.D. Islamic historians say he was poisoned by the leader of the Muslim caliphate, who feared him as a rival.

Re: Muslims killing Muslims since at least 799AD

Any one who says murder is not the Muslim norm needs to pay attention to the last line of this news report.
    Come of it. Christians and any other religion or race, have been killing there own kind since the year dot.

This weekend Shi'ites will mark the death of Imam Musa Kadhim in 799 A.D. Islamic historians say he was poisoned by the leader of the Muslim caliphate, who feared him as a rival.
    How many Kings, Presidents, Ceasers, Pharohs, Czars, and so on have been killed by their own people in power struggles.

Different if Muslims do it eh? Okay for others, but not okay for the evil bogeymen Muslims.

I'm sorry Worried, but you have shown yourself to be as racist as anybody could be.

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicOldGit
    Come of it. Christians and any other religion or race, have been killing there own kind since the year dot.

How many Kings, Presidents, Ceasers, Pharohs, Czars, and so on have been killed by their own people in power struggles.

Different if Muslims do it eh? Okay for others, but not okay for the evil bogeymen Muslims.

I'm sorry Worried, but you have shown yourself to be as racist as anybody could be.

Good point,
    The evil boogeyman is Orthodoxy, religious extremism, discarding reason and common sense for an artificially imposed believe.
    All religions on the planet have been guilty of this crime at one time or another.
    Right now radical , Islam, Christianity and Judaism/Zionism are the major threats to peace and stability in the world.
    Singling out Muslims is counterproductive and racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinnly Slash Buster
    Singling out Muslims is counterproductive and racist.

Umm, what about singling out Jews?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Vaughn
    If the shoe fits.....

"First major violation of the U.N.-imposed cease-fire

BEIRUT, Lebanon Aug 19, 2006 (AP)— Hezbollah fighters battled Israeli commandos who landed near the militants' stronghold deep inside Lebanon early Saturday, killing one soldier, in the first large-scale violation of the U.N.-brokered cease-fire between the sides.

Hezbollah said its guerrillas foiled the raid after a gunbattle, and the Israeli army said one soldier was killed and two were wounded, one seriously.

Witnesses said Israeli missiles destroyed a bridge during the raid the first major violation of the U.N.-imposed cease-fire that took effect Monday following 34 days of fighting.

The Israeli army said the special forces operation aimed "to prevent and interfere with terror activity against Israel, especially the smuggling of arms from Iran and Syria to Hezbollah." It said the commando team completed its mission.

The army said such operations would be carried out until "an effective monitoring unit" of Lebanese or multinational troops was in place.

"If the Syrians and Iran continue to arm Hezbollah in violation of the (U.N. cease-fire) resolution, Israel is entitled to act to defend the principle of the arms embargo," Israeli foreign ministry spokesman Mark Regev said.

Hezbollah TV and Lebanese security officials said Israeli helicopters dropped off a commando team outside the village of Boudai west of Baalbek in eastern Lebanon.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to release information to the media, said the Israelis apparently were seeking a guerrilla target in a nearby school but had no other details. The officials also reported heavy overflights of Israeli jets.

Lebanon's foreign minister said he immediately informed a visiting U.N. delegation of Israel's violation".
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=2332454

Quite frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for Israel to piss on the United Nations again. Chalk up another one for those "poor poor Israelis".

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicOldGit

You mistake my meaning. many hear say Islam is a religion of love, I am saying not true. I never said other faiths are any better, perhaps you are hallucinating and should lay off the drugs? jusk askin

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    You mistake my meaning. many hear say Islam is a religion of love, I am saying not true. I never said other faiths are any better, perhaps you are hallucinating and should lay off the drugs? jusk askin
    No, you said:

I stand by what I said.

You did say murder is Muslim Norm.

You say that is not what you meant. I accept that, I will not call you a liar.

Love and Peace (aint said that since the 60's. your right I should lay off the drugs) :D

Everybody has been killing everybody since 799AD, we can go back to 4000BC, everyone was killing everyone then too. Flashforward to 1940's Everyone was killing everyone. The terrorist attacks by Muslim Radicals, (which is what these threads are about) that we are talking aboiut started in the 1920's.

Yes I did say it is normal in the Muslim faith to kill those you oppose. Your response was "Come of it. Christians and any other religion or race, have been killing there own kind since the year dot." My response was "I never said other faiths are any better,"

My point being, Islam is not a faith based on love, but the teaching and example that it is ok to kill others if it serves your purpose.

It does not take religion for man to kill man, as long as some men want what another man has there will be war. The way to stop all this is to spend the money on plowshares, not war. By plowshares I mean, jobs for those in Gaza and the West Bank, the Lebanese, those in Africa, and any where else poverty pervades. The money spent on the Iran war alone would have changed the world enough that the US would once again be a Super Power, loved by all the world. Wars only breed wars, hate only breeds hate, and love only breeds love.

The hate expressed on this board only breeds more hate.

Other faiths ARE better than Islam.

Tibet has been under a ruthless Chinese occupation for over 50 years and yet you never hear of Buddhist suicide bombers, do you?

Yes I did say it is normal in the Muslim faith to kill those you oppose. Your response was "Come of it. Christians and any other religion or race, have been killing there own kind since the year dot." My response was "I never said other faiths are any better,"

My point being, Islam is not a faith based on love, but the teaching and example that it is ok to kill others if it serves your purpose.

It does not take religion for man to kill man, as long as some men want what another man has there will be war. The way to stop all this is to spend the money on plowshares, not war. By plowshares I mean, jobs for those in Gaza and the West Bank, the Lebanese, those in Africa, and any where else poverty pervades. The money spent on the Iran war alone would have changed the world enough that the US would once again be a Super Power, loved by all the world. Wars only breed wars, hate only breeds hate, and love only breeds love.

IT does not take religion, but it is used as an excuse thruout history.( i ahd a brain fart there...)

read my post again victor, I am not singling out jews.

Other faiths ARE better than Islam.

Tibet has been under a ruthless Chinese occupation for over 50 years and yet you never hear of Buddhist suicide bombers, do you?
    But do they demolish the Tibetans' houses and drive them out so that more chinese can move in??

Religion Basher and Terrorist have one undisputable similarity which frighten me to be among either one of them. If you're smart you'll know what it is.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

while this IS A GOOD point.....I HAVE TO BE confused BY WHO and WHERE and WHEN you are speaking ABOUT about or TO!?hehe!!just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    Religion Basher and Terrorist have one undisputable similarity which frighten me to be among either one of them. If you're smart you'll know what it is.
    FEAR and WORRY share the SAME BED!?hehe!!apart from that,take your licks, ice cream/or lashes!? for god and keep on tickin!?hehe!!just askin.....
    Last edited by lexx; 08-21-2006 at 06:55 AM.