+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Surprise! Lebanese cabinet will not force Hezbollah militia to disarm

Lebanese cabinet will not force Hezbollah militia to disarm
    By Yoav Stern, Haaretz Correspondent and The Associated Press

Excerpt

The Israel Defense Forces has begun its withdrawal from southern Lebanon, handing over some of their positions to a UN force, the army said early Thursday.

"Following a joint agreement of members of the IDF, UNIFIL and the Lebanese army, the process of transferring authority has begun," an army statement said.

Under a UN cease-fire agreement, Israel was to transfer control of its positions in southern Lebanon to the UN force, who would then turn it over to the Lebanese army.

More than 50 percent of the areas Israel holds have been transferred already, the army said. The area extends north and east of the town of Marjayoun and another area further west.

"The process will be carried out in stages and is conditional on the
    reinforcement of UNIFIL and the ability of the Lebanese army to take effective control of the area," the statement said.

The Security Council resolution authorized up to 15,000 UN peacekeepers to help 15,000 Lebanese troops extend their authority throughout south Lebanon, which Hezbollah controls, and called on Israeli troops to withdraw "in parallel." The aim is to create a buffer zone free of Hezbollah fighters between the Litani River, 30 kilometers (18 miles) north of Israel, and the UN-drawn border.

There are currently some 2,000 UNIFIL troops in the area.

Lebanese cabinet will not force Hezbollah to disarm

The Lebanese cabinet on Wednesday accepted the Lebanese army's plan to deploy in southern Lebanon, and ordered 15,000 troops to depart for the area south of the Litani River after midnight Thursday.

Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora was set to announce the imminent deployment late Wednesday.

According to the cabinet decision, Hezbollah will not disarm in southern Lebanon, but its members will refrain from carrying weapons in public. The agreement was reached following deliberations with Hezbollah representatives that lasted days.

The Lebanese government's decision contradicts United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701, reached last week, which determines that the area south of the Litani River will be free of arms, aside from those held by Lebanese soldiers and UNIFIL troops. The cabinet made the decision after Hezbollah rejected all demands to disarm south of the Litani.

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/750942.html

The kidnapped soldiers haven't been returned and now this.

When it comes to terrorist barbarians like the ones both Israel and the U.S. are dealing with, peace is never an option. They make promises and as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, will break them. How can anyone expect terrorist organizations to honor an agreement, when they don't even know what the word "honor" means?

Re: Surprise! Lebanese cabinet will not force Hezbollah militia to disarm

HA! So what? The United States isn't forcing Israel to disarm either. And Israel broke the first 48 hour cease fire and their word, not Hezbollah.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    HA! So what? The United States isn't forcing Israel to disarm either. And Israel broke the first 48 hour cease fire and their word, not Hezbollah.

Lady Mod
    Beat me to it. :rolleyes:

The first 48 hour cease fire from Israel was self imposed. It was not a U.N. resolution that they had agreed to.

Both sides agreed to this resolutions to end the war and Israel has lived up to their end of this agreement.

The resolution states:

Security arrangements to prevent the resumption of hostilities, including the establishment between the Blue Line and the Litani river of an area free of any armed personnel, assets and weapons other than those of the government of Lebanon and of UNIFIL as authorized in paragraph 11, deployed in this area,

full implementation of the relevant provisions of the Taif Accords, and of resolutions 1559 (2004) and 1680 (2006), that require the disarmament of all armed groups in Lebanon, so that, pursuant to the Lebanese cabinet decision of July 27, 2006, there will be no weapons or authority in Lebanon other than that of the Lebanese state

And there you have it.

You know, it really is fun to watch so many from the left embrace America's enemies by defending these terrorist thugs. I just hope they continue to embrace these murders, because conservatives like myself are counting on them to make November a time for celebration for republicans everywhere.

Have a good night lefty's... Oh, and remember "Praise Ala"

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    The first 48 hour cease fire from Israel was self imposed. It was not a U.N. resolution that they had agreed to.

Both sides agreed to this resolutions to end the war and Israel has lived up to their end of this agreement.

The resolution states:

Security arrangements to prevent the resumption of hostilities, including the establishment between the Blue Line and the Litani river of an area free of any armed personnel, assets and weapons other than those of the government of Lebanon and of UNIFIL as authorized in paragraph 11, deployed in this area,

full implementation of the relevant provisions of the Taif Accords, and of resolutions 1559 (2004) and 1680 (2006), that require the disarmament of all armed groups in Lebanon, so that, pursuant to the Lebanese cabinet decision of July 27, 2006, there will be no weapons or authority in Lebanon other than that of the Lebanese state

And there you have it.

You know, it really is fun to watch so many from the left embrace America's enemies by defending these terrorist thugs. I just hope they continue to embrace these murders, because conservatives like myself are counting on them to make November a time for celebration for republicans everywhere.

speakin of UNDEFINED gods,how ya doin!?what was that SPECIAL religion YOU FOUND!?the 1 that KNOWS all ADMITS NOTHING!?I SEE YOU!?hehe!!just askin....

The resolution states:

And there you have it.

You should really cut back on the Zio-semen coffee whitener.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

They aren't my enemy, they are Israel's enemy. If we would butt out of the conflicts over there they would finally get resolved.

The only enemy I recognize is the Bush regime.

Lady Mod

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    You should really cut back on the Zio-semen coffee whitener.

quite typical. no response except a classic Zio/neo/flying comment.

TheWorker Guest

They aren't my enemy, they are Israel's enemy. If we would butt out of the conflicts over there they would finally get resolved.

Lady Mod
    Is al queda your enemy???

US declared terrorist groups are US enemies. Canada has declared Hezbollah a terrorist org. are you not canadian nor american????

TheWorker Guest

The resolution states:

And there you have it.

i wish you and others would stop trying to classify people as being "left" or "right" simply because of what they say.

you can be of leftist origins and still suport israel and not love hexbollah and hate bush without being a con or repub

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    It must have slipped your mind that it was the Hezbollah who bombed the Marines barracks in Beirut in 1983!
    And why were we over there? Certainly not as honored guests.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    Is al queda your enemy???

US declared terrorist groups are US enemies. Canada has declared Hezbollah a terrorist org. are you not canadian nor american????
    Bush declared all terrorist groups enemies. I don't remember getting to vote on it.

And they wouldn't be our enemies if we wouldn't bully our way around over in their lands.

I am American, I think war is stupid and wasteful.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    It must have slipped your mind that it was the Hezbollah who bombed the Marines barracks in Beirut in 1983!
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in579638.shtml

The Marines were in Lebanon as part of an international peacekeeping force trying to stabilize the country, which had been torn by a civil war between Christians — with their ally Israel — and Muslims.

A U.S. contingent entered Lebanon in July 1982 to oversee the departure of the Palestine Liberation Organization, which Israel had invaded to displace. That American detachment left in September 1982, but U.S. forces returned later that month when violence resumed.

I see, we weren't guests, we were caught up in a civil war that wasn't ours. As I said before, IF we would stop interferring with politics over there and let the cards fall where they fall, things will clear up much faster. From that point on it's diplomatic relations we court, who do we make the deals with and Not wars that we encourage.

Lady Mod

TheWorker Guest

Bush declared all terrorist groups enemies. I don't remember getting to vote on it.

And they wouldn't be our enemies if we wouldn't bully our way around over in their lands.

I am American, I think war is stupid and wasteful.

Lady Mod

these kinds of wars i totally agree. nothing will come of them, and ESPECIALLY not in the middle east. theyve been fighting each other since only Indians occupied these lands.

so you dont think terrorist gruops are your enemies??? do you think they would care if they knew you didnt support Bush???

Lady Mod
    We know lady mod... Since the Bush administration represents America, then America must be your enemy also.

Actually, you make that point with your non stop posts of condemnation toward every action taken, policy made and solution implemented by the United States.

We know lady mod... Since the Bush administration represents America, then America must be your enemy also.

Actually, you make that point with your non stop posts of condemnation toward every action taken, policy made and solution implemented by the United States.

Bush does not represent America. You have to be voted in to the Government of a country by the people of that country to represent it. Bush did not get voted in, he hi-jacked the Presidency.