+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Hunger Games Made Me Cry

Great acting. Had to see the #1 movie and see what the hype was about.

First 5 minutes.....oh crap is going to be a "Twilight movie?"
    The first boy looks exactly the wolf dude.....and I was worried.

Great acting. Made me cry at parts. When the girl volunteered herself instead of her sister.....wow I was floored.

Lenny Kravitz was really good. Kudos all the best brother, you were GREAT.

MAYBE give the bow and arrow girl an Oscar.

Ok this is what I hated:
    • The goofy wigs and odd throwback to 1700s France.
    • The utter contrast of post nuclear war, people living in the forest, then these friggin spaceships and holograms that come to life....didn't seem ok.
    • Lastly them changing the rules, then changing again (I'm not a spoiler). That pissed me off and bugged me.

I kinda want to read the book now.
    I cried three times in this movie. "Most Dangerous Game meets Lord Of The Flies meets Running Man"

Re: The Hunger Games Made Me Cry

The books are AWESOME. Even Stephen King couldn't put them down.
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

it was OK!? acting!? it was ok!? i would have liked to hear more from the PRES on matters of fact!? dont know why they formed alliance since only 1 winner!? i'm still ruminating on it's implied social meanings!? too short in my opinion to allow for world view immersion!? are there gonna be more!? :freak3: :yelcutelaughA: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

but as to emotionally gripping movies, tear bringers, i watched an old movie i had just past over cause of the title!? THE CHANGLING
    i finally got around to it because of 2 things that grabbed me, jolie, and CLINT!? when i saw clint had something to do with it i made my mind up to watch it!? WOW!? dont know where the weird title came from but it's a great movie!? : yb: :smurf: :elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

i won't bother with any movie that has women as warriors. it's nonsense. there's things that women don't do, like change oil and brake pads on their car. women don't wanna know what's under the hood, they just want it start and run, to go to the mall, to go shopping. cam? what's that?

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    i won't bother with any movie that has women as warriors. it's nonsense. there's things that women don't do, like change oil and brake pads on their car. women don't wanna know what's under the hood, they just want it start and run, to go to the mall, to go shopping. cam? what's that?
    Dude, I've done all that and I hate shopping unless it's at an electronics or hardware store.

You're way off base...lol
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

so anyway........... i watched "the golden compass" again which i found to be much MORE intriguing than hunger games!? and came to find out........THERE'S NO SEQUEL?! way to bad!? now i suppose the mediocre HG will have a sequel!? life is so unfair sometimes!? :bah: :freak3: :errr: :

Aw c'mon, you serious?

I saw it and I was like, err....it was OK I guess. Definitely no crying!

It was completely non-involving for me. Like, to be honest I didn't really care what happened to anyone, except for those poor young kids who got killed.

Everyone else seemed patronising and annoying, even the good guys.

I think it is designed for the young kids who seem to like it.

:yelcutelaughA:

Kid Love The Hunger Games

You are right wbout the kid angle.

My godson is 11 and reading it now and he loves it.
    Do you have something to share about this topic?

Please Register at Scam.com
    & Please Join Our Growing Community. Free Health Advice
    :spin2: :rryumy: :yelcutelaughA: :liefde:

Re: Kid Love The Hunger Games

Lately, I really haven't been interested in any of the movie releases. Hunger games seems like a rip off of Battle Royal and from the sounds of it, it is Twilight like. No thank you. I wouldn't even bother to download this mess.
    Keenan Daniels aka The Devil

My Facebook - The Liberty oriented are welcome

I thought the Hunger Games wasn't too bad... I expected a lot less! Now I'm planning to read the book.

You are a baby!

abc
    Have you watched or bought a crappy movie? Don't let anyone else get scammed. Register at scam.com and let the world know ! Join

This movie really was better then I expected as well. I had avoided it for a long time thinking it would be similar to the Twilight Movies which were awful and just got worse and worse. But, after watching "The Hunger Games", I immediately researched when the next was coming out since I couldn't wait! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    And here we see a prime example of someone who shouldn't be allowed to be a part of modern society. Old ideas of traditional gender roles are what is wrong with this world. Obviously this person cannot except change.

I really enjoyed the Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Both stayed so true to the books even in little ways, that it was wonderful. It just shows how well a movie can do when it is directly made from the book with no real changes.

I did have a hard time getting into The Hunger Games, but I am rather interested to see how the story plays out. I will most likely see Catching Fire when it comes out on DVD.

My wife, however, has no desire to see these.