+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 65 to 73 of 73

  1. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Here are the facts on Amway losing money last year, the reason for the decline etc.

    It's been five years since Amway had sales under $10 billion. Revenues peaked at $11.8 billion in 2013.
    ANNUAL AMWAY SALES

    • 2015: $9.5B, down 12%
    • 2014: $10.8B, down 8%
    • 2013: $11.8B, up 4.4%
    • 2012: $11.3B, up 4%
    • 2011: $10.9B, up 17%
    • 2010: $9.2B, up 9.5%
    Source: Amway


    Lower revenues in China and fluctuation in foreign currency exchange rates are blamed for the falling revenues. They were the same economic headwinds that pushed 2014 revenues down 8 percent to $10.5 billion.
    Aside from those factors, Amway had a strong year, said Chairman Steve Van Andel. Sales were up in 70 percent of Amway's top 20 markets.

    http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...fall_to_l.html

    Amway is the source for this information and some may say the info is full of
    Last edited by PeggieSue; 05-02-2016 at 01:28 PM.

  2. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Here are the facts on Amway losing money last year, the reason for the decline etc.

    It's been five years since Amway had sales under $10 billion. Revenues peaked at $11.8 billion in 2013.
    ANNUAL AMWAY SALES

    • 2015: $9.5B, down 12%
    • 2014: $10.8B, down 8%
    • 2013: $11.8B, up 4.4%
    • 2012: $11.3B, up 4%
    • 2011: $10.9B, up 17%
    • 2010: $9.2B, up 9.5%
    Source: Amway


    Lower revenues in China and fluctuation in foreign currency exchange rates are blamed for the falling revenues. They were the same economic headwinds that pushed 2014 revenues down 8 percent to $10.5 billion.
    Aside from those factors, Amway had a strong year, said Chairman Steve Van Andel. Sales were up in 70 percent of Amway's top 20 markets.

    http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...fall_to_l.html

    Amway is the source for this information and some may say the info is full of
    Amway used to report sales by individual markets but a few years ago, they only reported global sales. Of course, even in a big decline they claim that sales are up in "key" markets. LOL. I wonder what the US sales were this past year? I agree!
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,923

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Here are the facts on Amway losing money last year, the reason for the decline etc.

    It's been five years since Amway had sales under $10 billion. Revenues peaked at $11.8 billion in 2013.
    ANNUAL AMWAY SALES

    • 2015: $9.5B, down 12%
    • 2014: $10.8B, down 8%
    • 2013: $11.8B, up 4.4%
    • 2012: $11.3B, up 4%
    • 2011: $10.9B, up 17%
    • 2010: $9.2B, up 9.5%
    Source: Amway


    Lower revenues in China and fluctuation in foreign currency exchange rates are blamed for the falling revenues. They were the same economic headwinds that pushed 2014 revenues down 8 percent to $10.5 billion.
    Aside from those factors, Amway had a strong year, said Chairman Steve Van Andel. Sales were up in 70 percent of Amway's top 20 markets.

    http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...fall_to_l.html

    Amway is the source for this information and some may say the info is full of
    A distributor must grow their business exponentially in order to get out of the red and become net profitable. If the company as a whole has shrinking revenue, how do you suppose the distributors are supposed to grow their business? If overall revenues are down, that means that the junior (newest) downlines, which comprise the majority of the company, have no hope of generating net income.

    Hence the 99% failure rate, hence the huge turnover rate (churn) to keep the other 1% profitable.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

    "The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

    "Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

  4. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    A distributor must grow their business exponentially in order to get out of the red and become net profitable. If the company as a whole has shrinking revenue, how do you suppose the distributors are supposed to grow their business? If overall revenues are down, that means that the junior (newest) downlines, which comprise the majority of the company, have no hope of generating net income.

    Hence the 99% failure rate, hence the huge turnover rate (churn) to keep the other 1% profitable.
    I believe that's why Amway stopped reporting sales in individual markets, so they can lie and claim they key markets are still doing well even when sales have tanked. Inmagine if Amway had the Vemma ruling where they mist prove that they have actual sales to a majority of non Amway people?










    .
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    A distributor must grow their business exponentially in order to get out of the red and become net profitable. If the company as a whole has shrinking revenue, how do you suppose the distributors are supposed to grow their business? If overall revenues are down, that means that the junior (newest) downlines, which comprise the majority of the company, have no hope of generating net income.

    Hence the 99% failure rate, hence the huge turnover rate (churn) to keep the other 1% profitable.
    If Amway does have a 99% failure rate want to explain to me how 1% of the distributors keep this company going and showing billions in sales every year?
    How many years do you know this company has been showing a 99% failure rate? Any statistics and info to show on that 99% figure?

    You're telling me the majority of the companies distributors are not making any money so just how much is that 1% making in sales and how do they do it if everyone below them is failing or has failed?

  6. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    If Amway does have a 99% failure rate want to explain to me how 1% of the distributors keep this company going and showing billions in sales every year?
    How many years do you know this company has been showing a 99% failure rate? Any statistics and info to show on that 99% figure?

    You're telling me the majority of the companies distributors are not making any money so just how much is that 1% making in sales and how do they do it if everyone below them is failing or has failed?
    The 99% failure rate doesn't mean they don't purchase products, it just means they operate at a net loss. Most people do not like selling stuff so the teaching n some cases is to buy from your own store and get others to do the same thing.

    Problem is when you buy from your own store, you don't make any money. Amway profits from the sale and your upline(s) split up most of the bonuses paid out. You might get some chump change as a "bonus" for your purchases.

    An attorney general from Wisconsin, Bruce Craig did a study (while dated)of the top 1% of distributors frm a list provided by Amway. These top distributors averaged a $900 annual loss when their tax returns were examined. Amway defenders cry that the study is old but nothing substantial has changed in Amway since the study, except there are more potential business expenses now than when the study was done. For example, IBOs now have website fees and some other business support materials that did not exist when the study was done.

    The effective rate of Amway success (rounded) is probably 0%.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The 99% failure rate doesn't mean they don't purchase products, it just means they operate at a net loss. Most people do not like selling stuff so the teaching n some cases is to buy from your own store and get others to do the same thing.

    Problem is when you buy from your own store, you don't make any money. Amway profits from the sale and your upline(s) split up most of the bonuses paid out. You might get some chump change as a "bonus" for your purchases.

    An attorney general from Wisconsin, Bruce Craig did a study (while dated)of the top 1% of distributors frm a list provided by Amway. These top distributors averaged a $900 annual loss when their tax returns were examined. Amway defenders cry that the study is old but nothing substantial has changed in Amway since the study, except there are more potential business expenses now than when the study was done. For example, IBOs now have website fees and some other business support materials that did not exist when the study was done.

    The effective rate of Amway success (rounded) is probably 0%.
    First off I need to say we are off topic and have been for a couple of days now. Should we move this to another thread, start a new thread or carry on here? I'm letting you and BoxAlarm or any other member reading this thread to help in the decision. This MLM forum is very slow and I don't know if anyone cares this is off topic. Just nice to have a discussion going on.

    I need to ask where you two get the 99% failure rate from? Doesn't Amway put out documents that would show how much money in sales their distributors are making? If not that something that would show you guys are wrong. Does seem fishy if the Amway Company leaves this a guessing game.

    Joe when you got involved with Amway did you ask others to show you proof of their earnings and success?

  8. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I need to ask where you two get the 99% failure rate from? Doesn't Amway put out documents that would show how much money in sales their distributors are making? If not that something that would show you guys are wrong. Does seem fishy if the Amway Company leaves this a guessing game.
    Well, we have to take what Amway discloses and then extrapolate. The failure rate could be 98 or 97% I suppose. Amway.com said that .26 reach the platinum or direct distributor level. That's about 1 in 400. When you factor in business expenses, it is suspected that these platinums are break even, or looking back at the Wisconsin study, they could be losing money. If this magical level is .26%, the higher levels are of course, much smaller. The effective rate of success rounded is 0%.

    The debate comes from defenders that someone may join just to buy a few products, thus a success. I'll grant that but I doubt that these numbers are significant and from a business perspective, it's still a failure. (business exists to make a profit)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Joe when you got involved with Amway did you ask others to show you proof of their earnings and success?
    I did ask and got blown off but as my sponsor was a close friend, I let it go.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  9. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,510

    Re: Amway's XS Energy... Worst on Market


Similar Threads

  1. Amway's XS Energy... Best on Market
    By Skeptical_MLM'er in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-07-2014, 01:50 PM
  2. Amway Sues Man For Selling Amway Products
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
  3. Do Amway Reps Actually Sell Amway Products?
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 09:35 PM
  4. Market 10/market10/Market Central de compras 10, S
    By imzune in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 10:51 PM
  5. energy drink market
    By swcmarketing in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 03:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •