+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Survey Scams

Survey Scams

Hello! I have no doubt that many of you have heard of these so-called survey services online. They promise you that you will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars by taking surveys. And of course all you have to pay is a small membership fee of $34.95 up to $70.00 or higher to use their database. How generous of them.... :eek:
    I've learned through sad experience that this is just not the way to go. Fortunately I'll be able to get my money back for the membership fee I paid for. But there are many who aren't so fortunate. Survey Scout is one of these services you need to stay away from. They really don't live up to what they promise you. I'm sure there are others out there on the world wide web that make these same "promises".
    This is just a friendly warning to others who may be looking into this kind a venture. Believe me when I say that you don't have to pay a company a membership fee to earn money taking surveys online.
    I welcome any comments to my posting. And of course, any advice is welcome too. :)
    valbilod

Re: Survey Scams

Did you notice that on your posting there is an advert for people to try survey scout and they say it is suppose to be one of the top choices to try. I don't understand how it happens that people who cheat manage to continue getting away with it. Thanks for your posting, I was about to get a membership there!! But your posting made me rethink it.

thank you,I was considering trying to make some money this way-this is why I am trying to get to surveyers who are genuine&legit.[are there any!?please let me know]your warnings are much apprecaited.dmmabtt

There are many "free" survey sites. You won't make a million, but you don't pay a cent. Funny, really, that I won a thousand bucks from one. It was really a fluke. Most "free" sites have draws or points for merchandise.

I'm building a site of free survey sites (the link to it is in my profile). I'm hoping to save people from wasting their money at places like Survey Scout.

There are several good sites to join, but as you already know, you're certainly not going to be making a living by taking surveys. A lot of surveys offer sweepstakes entries, or somewhere between $1 to $10 cash. There are some gems that pop up now and again though. Next week, I'm participating in a telephone survey (they said it would be about a fast food commercial) for 15 minutes, and am getting $25. I certainly don't get those offers everyday though. My favorite survey site is Pinecone Research. They send a few surveys to me a month, and pay $5 a piece. They also do product tests. They pay fast too. I get a check within a week of completing a survey. Keynote is also really good. They pay in $10 amazon gift certificates for completing web site evaluations. Opinion Outpost is another good one, and Your2Cents is another.

You'll get the most money by participating in focus groups. For instance, I made $75 for an hour long focus group on insomnia. The more specialized the group, the more money they offer (I saw a recruiting add paying $200 to people with lung cancer). Visit http://www.findfocusgroups.com/ to see if anyone is recruiting in your city. Also, do a google search to see if there are any research companies in your city that you can pre-register with, and they'll contact you if you fit the profile they need.

Let me make it short. I always use to say:
    - You do not have to pay money, to work for money!
    - There ARE LEGIT and FREE survey programs out there.
    - Don't expect to get rich/lazy doing surveys only. Just treat/expect is as extra pocket money.

Thank you for the info! One thing I am concerned about, before I dive in: (I'm brand new to this!) I assume I will have to disclose my home address and/or telephone number during the course of these surveys. Will I then receive junk mail or telemarketing calls? I know the company itself promises not to use my info to solicit me, but will that information myseteriously get leaked to companies that will?

Thank you so much!

Pinecone research, Surveysavvy, Greenfieldonline, Yahoo are some of the larger survey companies, who pay regularly and have no joining fee

Quote Originally Posted by roseredd
    Thank you for the info! One thing I am concerned about, before I dive in: (I'm brand new to this!) I assume I will have to disclose my home address and/or telephone number during the course of these surveys. Will I then receive junk mail or telemarketing calls? I know the company itself promises not to use my info to solicit me, but will that information myseteriously get leaked to companies that will?

Thank you so much!
    Look at the sites privacy policy to find out if they share your information with third parties. Reputable survey sites won't. If they don't have a privacy policy, I wouldn't sign up with them. I've signed up with over 300 survey companies, and have had no increase in spam (I still get a little bit from when I mistakenly signed up with some bad survey companies). I get an occasional phone call (once or twice a month) from a survey company or focus group company, but only because I chose to "opt in" for phone surveys.

10. 10-30-2006, 06:53 PM

Reason
    Changed my mind.