+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Understanding Hezbollah

Quote Originally Posted by Deafdude
    Well, I thought they were given money to budget for the year also I heard that Hezbollah has got some of the best camoflague techniques and uniforms ever seen. I think they found a camoflague uniform that really works for them as well as delevoping natural camoflague techniques so I would not be surprised. The Russians have always been good to Hezbollah and Hamas etc. I am sure it was a very expensive deal but from the point of view of Hezbollah it was worth it. I am sure they learned and picked up many new things in the process of being in war against the Israelis.
    No, Russia definitely did not sell weapons to Hezbollah. Russia sold them to Iran, which in turn gave them to Hezbollah, so I hear.

And where did you get that information about Hezbollah starting to wear uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    No, Russia definitely did not sell weapons to Hezbollah. Russia sold them to Iran, which in turn gave them to Hezbollah, so I hear.

And where did you get that information about Hezbollah starting to wear uniforms?
    I will pm you so people do not get the wrong idea about the camo uniform and jump to conclusions.

I will pm you so people do not get the wrong idea about the camo uniform and jump to conclusions.
    Thanks for the message. Didn't find the quote, but still good to know you referenced it.

TheWorker Guest

In some ways you are right but it also is good to know what they really are saying. How can you conduct a debate about the Middle East if you do not know what the Arabs and the Israelis are really saying or talking about. That kind of attidute you just displayed is very self defeating and not very conductive to a good Middle East debate not only that it shows you underestimate the power that Hezbollah has over the Lebanese region. Remember Hezbollah is Lebanese and Hamas is Palestinian. The one very positive thing I can say about them is that they run a very effective social services program which is really good. I do not agree with some of their political and military ideals and the same goes for the Israelis I do not always agree with the Israeli political and military ideals. What I do support is the right for each and every human being regardless of if they are Arabic or Israeli to live in peace and free from any physical violence, verbal aggression etc.

it was a joke man...hence the lack of a real explanation or coments regarding what i posted.

but in regards to your social services program they run that "helps" the people, i have read articles that describe those services as their means of recruitment. despite what we all might think we know, not EVERYONE is dying (literally) to become a Hezbollah member, so they sometimes force families to give up their young men to fight with them in their cause in order to receive these social programs.

its like Merck or pfizer giving out all their medicine free, but then you have to work in their laboratories for the next two years---not exactly such a great deal anymore is it????
    Last edited by TheWorker; 08-15-2006 at 07:29 PM.

You'd be surprised what we can learn. I didn't even know there some terrorists were Sunni, others Shia, and that they don't get along. We do a lot of feeling based posts, but it's good to take a break from that and spend some time taking in facts and doing investigating.

I decided to start this thread because Hezbollah was allowed to still exist in Lebanon. I wish I had started this thread sooner. It's a little late now, but I want to know who these people are that were allowed to continue occupation. Obviously, I have my inclinations, which is even more reason to research the subject in case I'm wrong. But based on what I've read so far, I doubt it.
    I knew about Sunni and Shia. But that is them, this is different. They are like small rival gang(terrorist) but not the big mafia in the town(iraq).

Therefore i cant seem to get any point that will be productive in this quoting of terrorist organization like Hezbollah.

Hezbollah to me is Hamas except that they are more powerfully supplied by Iran.

Why Hezbollah was allowed to still exist in Lebanon?

This is easy and pretty straightfoward. Ask the same about Hamas and youll know the answer.

And im actually starting to feel that by asking about hezbollah and quoting them is like we're doubting that hezbollah is a terrorist group. This is very sad indeed.

Anyway this is just my 2cents worth of thoughts and opinions.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    I knew about Sunni and Shia. But that is them, this is different. They are like small rival gang(terrorist) but not the big mafia in the town(iraq).

Therefore i cant seem to get any point that will be productive in this quoting of terrorist organization like Hezbollah.

Hezbollah to me is Hamas except that they are more powerfully supplied by Iran.

Why Hezbollah was allowed to still exist in Lebanon?

This is easy and pretty straightfoward. Ask the same about Hamas and youll know the answer.

And im actually starting to feel that by asking about hezbollah and quoting them is like we're doubting that hezbollah is a terrorist group. This is very sad indeed.

Anyway this is just my 2cents worth of thoughts and opinions.
    I don't think Hamas and Hezbollah get along. I think Hamas is more restoring Palestine over Israel, whereas Hezbollah wants to set up an Islamic rule and dictatorship in Lebanon and beyond into Asia. I think Hamas and Hezbollah don't get along because one is Shia and the other is Sunni. I forget which.

I also think that Hamas was VOTED IN by Palestine, whereas Hezbollah is there to stay whether the civilians like it or not.

The point of the thread is not to figure out if these guys are terrorists, because we already know they are from their rocket attacks, but to learn more about them so we know who we're dealing with. I believe that a voting population that is more knowledgeable about such affairs make better voters, and pushes for better foreign policy.

I don't think Hamas and Hezbollah get along. I think Hamas is more restoring Palestine over Israel, whereas Hezbollah wants to set up an Islamic rule and dictatorship in Lebanon and beyond into Asia. I think Hamas and Hezbollah don't get along because one is Shia and the other is Sunni. I forget which.

I also think that Hamas was VOTED IN by Palestine, whereas Hezbollah is there to stay whether the civilians like it or not.

The point of the thread is not to figure out if these guys are terrorists, because we already know they are from their rocket attacks, but to learn more about them so we know who we're dealing with. I believe that a voting population that is more knowledgeable about such affairs make better voters, and pushes for better foreign policy.
    I see your point Ronald. But i will maintain the point that evil doesnt have boundary.

Meaning that let say Mr X is going to kill Mr B. Mr Y is thinking of the same thing. Mr X and Mr Y hate each other guts. But will Mr X and Mr Y collaborate to do the evil deed that is to Kill Mr B?

By the way Hamas is the Sunni and Hezbollah is Shia. Iran and Syria is Shia dominant.

Syria provide Hezbollah with the moral backings and Iran the rockets.

Hezbollah exist coz its won Lebanese Shia community with its so called "victory" over IDF over the years. IDF also on the other hand called their offensive a "victory". Bush also called it a "victory".
    I called it a lost. A lost in civilians life.

I dont want to carry in talking about this terrorist group nor do i want to talk about IDF poor and irresponsible military decision roles in all their conflicts throught since 1985 which ultimately resulted in high number of civilians deaths. What is done is done.
    Last edited by RememberMyName; 08-17-2006 at 06:47 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

Well, yes, the Hezbollah run some social services programs, but they do this to people they later hide behind during a war.

Think about it. If Hezbollah was truly moral and loving, would they not be reaching out and doing work in other places like Africa?
    Just when I thought I've seen it all, this 0.1 microgram of an I.Q comes and posts this laughable statement. Hellllooooo.....anybody home?

I'm feeling merciful tonight Ronald. I don't know whether to scream, or pray for your congenital plight. Ha...ha...ha...

Africa? O.K Ronald. Imagine you're the Hezbollah. Consider the history between the two conflicting entities. You live next door to Israel, and you're just gonna pack up and go visit fvcking Africa? Yeah...duh...let's leave everyone defenseless back home. We're doing good deeds in Africa, while the poor c0cksuckers at home can rebuild their own bomb ridden clay shacks. It wasn't our problem anyway. :rolleyes:

I see what you're thinking. The governments of the USA and Canada dish out $$$ to multitudes of foreign countries that "need" it, while some people live on the street starving in America. Do you have the slightest concept of how many children go to school in America/Canada without a lunch each day?

Don't label me as un-caring for deprived people in the world. I just believe the priorities are a little mixed up. Unlike North America where the governments put OTHERS before their own, the Hezbollah choose to take care of their own first. Because noone else is going to do it for them.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.