+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's Have A Chat

Okay, I know I pissed some of you off today. Some of you have pissed me and a few others off, as well.

We need to figure out how we can coexist here while still maintaining what we each enjoy.

Can we agree to have SOME threads for civil discussion and let others be free-for-alls? The best of BOTH worlds?

I'd like to get to know people a little better on different grounds than just hateful ones. Isn't there anyone else here that wants that, too?

I hope we can have some earnest discussion on this topic.
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Re: Let's Have A Chat

I'm much to ticked off at you to want to chat with you about anything.

LOL! Seriously, lol. Almost dropped my beer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    I'm much to ticked off at you to want to chat with you about anything.
    That's fine. I just figured we could try to air some things out in here, but it's up to you if you wish to participate.

I'm not going to be pissy about it.

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Is Sojustask not running the Political Chat forum anymore?

Evilzoe are you running the Political Chat forum?

No one is "Running" anything, except Administrator or Sviat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    No one is "Running" anything, except Administrator or Sviat.
    Thank you for clarifying this.

Oh well, not a political chat then!

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Oh well, not a political chat then!
    Hey, if Sviat doesn't want it up there I guess I have to move it.

Of course, the people it's meant to include won't read it, but it was just an attempt to sort some things out and give everyone a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Hey, if Sviat doesn't want it up there I guess I have to move it.

Of course, the people it's meant to include won't read it, but it was just an attempt to sort some things out and give everyone a voice.
    I wouldn't bother. However, there is an old thread in politics about music where everyone seemed to do OK. However I'm afraid to bump it up since it now seems it may be moved. That thread has been there for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    I wouldn't bother. However, there is an old thread in politics about music where everyone seemed to do OK. However I'm afraid to bump it up since it now seems it may be moved. That thread has been there for a long time.
    I'm sure it's still there somewhere. It likely just got buried.

OK.

I deleted some stuff this time.

I'll take the blame.

Let move on to real topics like Nigerian Scams and the evil pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    OK.

I deleted some stuff this time.

I'll take the blame.

Let move on to real topics like Nigerian Scams and the evil pope.
    Okay, but you're still a poopyhead. :

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I love you guys too.

Lady mod

:king22:

The thing is, everyone in the political forum develops a 'personality' and many of us do not participate in the other forums to a great extent. Many of the posters in this forum have great senses of humour and little chance to show it.

The thread about 'who I would like to meet' is several years old with nary a violation of the 'vibe'

I think that if someone wants a 'chat' type of discussion or even a thread restricted to 'those who agree with me' discussion in the political forum we should allow it. I think most if not all of us would respect the parameters and stay out if we couldn't goosestep.

In fact, even labeling a thread with a 'only polite and non-confrontational repartee please' would probably also be effective.

It doesn't bother me any--people read too much into my style of phrasing, then when they go back to try to find where I said I hated someone or something...they fail.

Passion brings out precise and cutting language and I apologize to anyone who gets their feelings hurt. I CARE about these topics.

Until someone calls me vile names or lies about what I have said, it is never personal. And even then, It ain't like we KNOW each other. I forget within minutes and most others do as well. I do dislike relentless spammers, but thankfully they are pretty rare--yesterdays thread notwithstanding.

When I point out something terrible I think liberals have done, I am not referring to people of this board--they didn't do it, and they are not expected to disavow it.

But if they choose to defend or deflect--act on behalf of the offending person or entity--then they have become their local representative, at least within that thread, at least for a post or two.

There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    The thing is, everyone in the political forum develops a 'personality' and many of us do not participate in the other forums to a great extent. Many of the posters in this forum have great senses of humour and little chance to show it.

The thread about 'who I would like to meet' is several years old with nary a violation of the 'vibe'

I think that if someone wants a 'chat' type of discussion or even a thread restricted to 'those who agree with me' discussion in the political forum we should allow it. I think most if not all of us would respect the parameters and stay out if we couldn't goosestep.

In fact, even labeling a thread with a 'only polite and non-confrontational repartee please' would probably also be effective.

It doesn't bother me any--people read too much into my style of phrasing, then when they go back to try to find where I said I hated someone or something...they fail.

Passion brings out precise and cutting language and I apologize to anyone who gets their feelings hurt. I CARE about these topics.

Until someone calls me vile names or lies about what I have said, it is never personal. And even then, It ain't like we KNOW each other. I forget within minutes and most others do as well. I do dislike relentless spammers, but thankfully they are pretty rare--yesterdays thread notwithstanding.

When I point out something terrible I think liberals have done, I am not referring to people of this board--they didn't do it, and they are not expected to disavow it.

But if they choose to defend or deflect--act on behalf of the offending person or entity--then they have become their local representative, at least within that thread, at least for a post or two.

Sometimes I think you jump to quickly to assumptions and name-calling. Perhaps that's just MY perception but I don't think so. Not to mention many of your threads BEGIN with attacks on those you disagree with, along with words that are usually pretty vile to describe them. Since I sometimes am in agreement with the people you're disparaging, it's like you're including ME in your attack. That gets pretty old....lol

I think, in spite of all that, YOU in particular have more to offer. I've felt that for some time but it gets really, REALLY frustrating sometimes when you always seem to be attacking and applying blanket generalizations that aren't valid. In many cases it's INDIVIDUALS who are responsible for something, not an entire vaguely lumped together group.

I know that you and I are on opposite sides of many things but I also know that we are on the same side in others. It's just hard to even get to a point where we can discuss the similarities with all the vitriol.

I know there's MORE to you than you let through much of the time.