+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    26

    Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Yes indeed it seems another travel company has been milking people since the 1990's for thousands of dollars by offering them dream vacations anywhere from $500-$5000 to the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. What they got was a cheap certificate with some lovely brochures but no ticket.

    Dan and Susan Mcgeown owned D-S-M Research in Clearwater. They were arrested for not delivering on the promises of the vacations they advertised but kept their clients money.

    Jackie Calloway from the station ABC Action News in Tampa, Florida has a segment which is named, "Call to Action". It is a program that is part of a nationwide consumer group that fights against scams and companies that are not on the up and up.

    If you want to see the story click below and then look for the link "Travel Arrest". Click on it and you can see the news footage of their court appearance.


    http://www.abcactionnews.com/program...tion.shtml#top

    Boy! Buyer beware when it comes to these vacations being offered by phone, email, USPS etc.

  2. #2

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Surprise!!!
    After reviewing this guys pattern I think it is safe to say that he is the classic pissed off employee of some marketing or traval program. Biased , caustic, opinions cannot be taken seriously and in the past were subject to legal action. The autononomy of the internet gives this sad guy a podium to verbalize with impuinity. My bet...he or she is an unemployed wanna be telemarketer living in a substandard housing environment and probably driving an uninsured wreck or riding a bus...if he can borrow the cash. By the way, a true professional telemarketer is hard working, ethical, and can make a good living while doing the right thing. Stop being acidic and go make a living.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    28

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leisuretimeam
    Surprise!!!
    After reviewing this guys pattern I think it is safe to say that he is the classic pissed off employee of some marketing or traval program. Biased , caustic, opinions cannot be taken seriously and in the past were subject to legal action. The autononomy of the internet gives this sad guy a podium to verbalize with impuinity. My bet...he or she is an unemployed wanna be telemarketer living in a substandard housing environment and probably driving an uninsured wreck or riding a bus...if he can borrow the cash. By the way, a true professional telemarketer is hard working, ethical, and can make a good living while doing the right thing. Stop being acidic and go make a living.
    Just a question, did you happen to check out his claim before you bashed on this person? If his/her claim is true, then why bash this person? Or do you just like to blow off to hear yourself speak? In this case write......
    Keep smiling!! It makes people wonder what your up to! :)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leisuretimeam
    Surprise!!!
    After reviewing this guys pattern I think it is safe to say that he is the classic pissed off employee of some marketing or traval program. Biased , caustic, opinions cannot be taken seriously and in the past were subject to legal action. The autononomy of the internet gives this sad guy a podium to verbalize with impuinity. My bet...he or she is an unemployed wanna be telemarketer living in a substandard housing environment and probably driving an uninsured wreck or riding a bus...if he can borrow the cash. By the way, a true professional telemarketer is hard working, ethical, and can make a good living while doing the right thing. Stop being acidic and go make a living.
    Hey "leisuretimeam" maybe you are just the type of person who roots for the bad guys in a movie to win or maybe you just enjoy seeing scam artists take advantage of innocent people otherwise why wouldn't you appreciate the fact that crooks like Suntasia and others are being expose for who they are. Oh wait! Might it be bc YOU are part of the problem instead of the solution? Chances are you work for one of these crooks and that is why you are so sensitive to the issue at hand.

    I make NO apologies for exposing companies that prey upon unsuspecting, innocent victims just to take a dollar from their wallet. For the record I am not anonymous bc many people know who I am plus I am actively involved in helping investigators in any way they need it to shut these scam artists down. I have documentation to prove the facts unlike you who can't come up with one good sensible reason to let these crooks continue doing business as usual.

    It is people like you that live with their head in the sand so as to say, "I don't see anything" and stay in denial. I am not that type of person bc I know what it is to be scammed and always vowed to help others avoid such traps. If you don't like what you're reading then sue me. You probably don't have the guts to bc you know you wouldn't have a leg to stand on with the evidence I have stock piled.

    Finally, just for your information I have a good paying job, a decent car and have not rode a bus in ten years. So your perception as always "leisuretimeam" is WRONG. I am not a disgruntled ex employee or ticked off, just an honest one who earns an honest days pay but you wouldn't know about that would you? This is bc your way is about taking from others and not giving a dam about anyone else.

    Grow up will you! Be a man and admit when you are wrong and stop defending those that are nothing but scum on this earth.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    28

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS
    Grow up will you! Be a man and admit when you are wrong and stop defending those that are nothing but scum on this earth.
    Good for you JoeS!!! This butt head really needs to get a life!
    Keep smiling!! It makes people wonder what your up to! :)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    26

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Thanks Sassything. People like "leisuretimeam" don't ever want to admit that there are problems within certain industries like the one he's involved in. Whenever someone blows the whistle on an illegal operation he's the type to quickly call us names or say we are a disgruntled ex employee.

    Now I am not saying every telemarketing company is a fraud but unfortunately he doesn't address the issue of thousands of consumer complaints that are filed against telemarketing companies like Suntasia. Are they disgruntled to? If a company doesn't do enough to make changes then something has to be done. Sassything the reason I do what I do is bc of what happen to me 10 years ago when I was scammed and lost everything. I vowed then and vow now to help those avoid such traps. Below explains why this company Suntasia much like many others seemed to get into trouble but seem to turn away.

    Just click below and watch a woman in Pennsylvania who was being taken for a ride as well as others they tried to scam.

    Consumer Alert: Discount Membership Clubs - KDKA Channel 2

    Link:

    http://kdka.com/consumer/local_story_265165935.html


    “Man Warns About Suspected Phone Solicitation Scam” KETV Channel 7

    Link:

    http://www.ketv.com/iteam/9727067/detail.html


    “Telemarketers Using Costco’s Name to Entice You To Buy” KOMO 4 News in Seattle.

    Link:

    http://www.kendallwatch.us/community...ice-you-to-buy

    They have not only been exposed by the media but as many as 7 bank alerts in the last year alone were sent out to warn consumers about this scam not to mention a second federal investigation still on going since July of 2006.

    If you think if can’t happen to you think again. Remember ALL the products that are marketed and sold come from one place ONLY, SUNTASIA MARKETING in Largo, Florida.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    28

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeS


    Consumer Alert: Discount Membership Clubs - KDKA Channel 2

    Link:

    http://kdka.com/consumer/local_story_265165935.html


    “Man Warns About Suspected Phone Solicitation Scam” KETV Channel 7

    Link:

    http://www.ketv.com/iteam/9727067/detail.html


    “Telemarketers Using Costco’s Name to Entice You To Buy” KOMO 4 News in Seattle.

    Link:

    http://www.kendallwatch.us/community...ice-you-to-buy

    They have not only been exposed by the media but as many as 7 bank alerts in the last year alone were sent out to warn consumers about this scam not to mention a second federal investigation still on going since July of 2006.

    If you think if can’t happen to you think again. Remember ALL the products that are marketed and sold come from one place ONLY, SUNTASIA MARKETING in Largo, Florida.
    I have no idea JoeS what these people think (meaning the people who defend such scams). I also agree with you that they are not all scams, but come on! Enough is enough, and the low lives that insist that all are legit and we are just discrutled ex employees need to wake up and smell the coffee. I also was scammed a couple of years ago. And I refuse to have it done to me or anyone else again. Thanks for the links they were very enlightening. Just goes to show you that there wolves in sheeps clothing out there. I wish there wasn't, but there is.... I would encourage anyone to follow those links that you sent to me just to see for themselves, and give a better awareness. Thanks again, you're a good man!
    Keep smiling!! It makes people wonder what your up to! :)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    none of your damn business
    Posts
    927

    Re: Another travel company busted by the media!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leisuretimeam
    Stop being acidic and go make a living.


    Take a bath in hydrochloric acid...it may cleanse your weak dirty soul :rolleyes:

Similar Threads

  1. Fox Newsless .... busted once again !!
    By rodney walker II in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 03:24 AM
  2. British Media Report On THE Topic US Media Afraid To Touch
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 10:26 AM
  3. Is Dog Travel Company a scam?
    By amitt in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
  4. Busted again
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM
  5. Exclusive travel membership | Discount travel memb
    By jacobm1020 in forum Work at Home Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 01:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •