+ Reply to Thread

Cease-Fire Charade

Cease-Fire Charade
    13 August 2006

By the time the Israeli Cabinet meets today to consider Prime Minister Ehud Olmert’s recommendation that the UN cease-fire resolution be accepted, Israel’s major new thrust toward the Litani River in southern Lebanon will probably have expanded the conflict with Hezbollah. The slightest hint of a Hezbollah counterattack, under the one-sided te.rms of Friday’s Resolution 1701, will permit the Israeli military to mount “defensive” operations and thus keep the conflict going. We can confidently expect that Olmert’s Cabinet will willingly agree to the cease-fire — just as soon as Hezbollah stops its attacks. Israel is a past master at kicking its boot into the hive and then protesting that it must take action against the resulting swarm.

Will the Security Council allow itself to be manipulated into remaining silent about Israel’s massive new push into Lebanese territory? And on the very eve of the council’s vote, such a thing is custom-made to make an early cease-fire less likely. Security Council members should not forget the rebuke of UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan after their vote. The resolution, he said, had taken far too long and as a result the reputation of the UN had been seriously tarnished. If the organization is to play a real role in the restoration of peace and Lebanese sovereignty, it must now be seen to be acting firmly in assessing who is doing what to sabotage and delay the cease-fire.

Resolution 1701 already rides roughshod over the legitimate concerns of the Arab world about protecting both Lebanese sovereignty and Lebanese civilians. It places immediate pressure on the cease-fire process which could cause the whole process to fail and thus allow Israel to continue with its own brutal solution, based on purely “defensive” grounds.

How “defensive” does the UN Security Council consider the attack Friday on the hundreds of vehicles fleeing north from the Israeli-occupied Lebanese town of Marjayoun? At least seven people were killed when an Israeli drone fired rockets at the convoy which was heading away from the fighting. The Israelis knew that very well since they had watched it leave the town. And they also knew that in that long line of vulnerable vehicles were 350 members of the Lebanese Army and security forces, the very people whom the Israelis pretend they want to be in control of southern Lebanon.

As long as Israeli troops continue their incursions into Lebanon, they know those incursions will be resisted and, according to 1701, resistance will give them the excuse to continue their bloody depredations. It will also enable them to try to throw the blame for the worsening humanitarian crisis onto the Hezbollah fighters who oppose them. Even though it is Israeli weapons that have cut roads and bridges, Israeli warplanes that have destroyed vehicles even those transporting innocent civilians who want only to flee to safety — the Israelis will deny the death and destruction are their responsibility.

Can the Security Council possibly accept so brazen a distortion of what the whole world knows is true?
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Re: Cease-Fire Charade

This has to be a true depiction of the Israeli's. Why you might ask???? Because the terrorist supporting idiot that posted it, but was too chicken **** to post a link to where he got this little gem of an opinion piece from. I won't keep you in any more suspense... He got it from the ever reliable

ARAB NEWS

Now go to hell you anti-American slime ball!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    This has to be a true depiction of the Israeli's. Why you might ask???? Because the terrorist supporting idiot that posted it, but was too chicken **** to post a link to where he got this little gem of an opinion piece from. I won't keep you in any more suspense... He got it from the ever reliable

ARAB NEWS

SPEAKIN OF ANTI AMERICAN CHICKENS!?........YOU DO KNOW where i'm GOIN WITH THIS!?the DRAFT DODGIN WHITEHOUSE SQUAWKERS!?tremblin in ther BEDS like PUPPYS!?hehe!!why WHO IS THAT ......LEXX!?....as if YOU DIDN"T KNOW mr. SYMPATHIZER YOU!?hehe!!....LOOK!! ......LOOK.......americans!?...UP IN THE SKY!!......WHY it's ...its......the FEARLESS GROUP known as the WHITEHOUSE POWERFUL!?!?.......and they have "1" thing in COMMON!?!?.......as if YOU/we didn't KNOW!?...........drumroll please........."WE DIDN"T SERVE"!?TADATADATADATADA.......HOW PROUD IN THE ANNULUS(orifice) OF HISTORY IS THAT!?.......we(true americans) can SAFELY ASSume,only YOU can appreciate the FULL effect of SUCH courage(flatulence thru ignorance) as you TRY to express "IT" IN VAIN to the TRUE americans you VAINLY CLAIM to REPRESENT/COERCE by FORCE into your BRAND of RUBBISH known WORLD WIDE as ........FASCISM BY POLITICS!?hehe!!just askin......ARE YOU!?....PHTTTTTTT!!!??
    Last edited by lexx; 08-14-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    I'm assuming you wrote that yourself, in the absence of a link or the name of an author!!

You must have missed the bit where the UN vote for the cease-fire was unanimous, so it doesn't matter a piecost what you think about the situation or the t.erms of the cease-fire!! But thanks for you views on the subject.

:D
    Didn't you read my post above Gazza?

He didn't link it for a very good reason... lol

It's bull.s.h.i.t propaganda.

dchristie is offline Challenge Authority User Rank

Didn't you read my post above Gazza?

He didn't link it for a very good reason... lol

It's bull.s.h.i.t propaganda.

Uhhh.. What's that smell? Oh.oh..Looks like somebody neglected to flush the toilet again and the right-wing septic tank is starting to back up into scam.com with the same Grim excreta...Yuk.

Of course, nothing counts in the cloacal space between Monkey Boy's ears unless it's got the certified Zionist Seal Of Approval and delivered over one of Rupert Murdoch's cartoon channel's for the mentally challenged. Ha..ha...ha.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Uhhh.. What's that smell? Oh.oh..Looks like somebody neglected to flush the toilet again and the right-wing septic tank is starting to back up into scam.com with the same Grim excreta...Yuk.

Of course, nothing counts in the cloacal space between Monkey Boy's ears unless it's got the certified Zionist Seal Of Approval and delivered over one of Rupert Murdoch's cartoon channel's for the mentally challenged. Ha..ha...ha.
    Man, you guys are so thick. I don't stray far from centre; I acknowledge that many of the issues involved are beyond me, I learn about other things, and voice my opinions on those, in the hope that someone else will be learned about those things I have neglected. I read people's opinions on forums like this, and often they have some influence when I begin to generate my own. When you post something like that dchristie, you turn people away from your ideas. You sound like a 12-year old. I start to feel like I should call myself right-wing just so that I'm not associated with a half-wit like you.

Its not very likely you are going to change someone like Grim17's mind, no more than he is going to change yours. However, what you post is read by other people as well, people with far more moderate beliefs than either of you. You probably have a chance of actually chaning their minds. You really are shooting yourself in the foot with a post like that.

PS. There are people on both sides of the left-right split that do this, not just dchristie. All I'm trying to say, is that acting immature tends to make people associate that immaturity with your message.

PPS. Can't wait for the string of insults. Don't hold back, I have a thick skin.

TheWorker Guest

Americanadian (wish you were simply just canadian), you are so one sided its unbeleivable.

You post an anonymous article with no comments or views of your own, and you completely ignore the fact that there are two sides to every issue. You make it seem like hezbollah and its LEBANESE supporters are angels and will abide by any UN resolution 100% (which by the way, if they had none of this would have started in teh first place)

I just dont trust a society whose civilians walk around with AK-47s and cheer and shoot wildly into the air when they hear about anything remotely bad happening to a western country.
    Last edited by TheWorker; 08-14-2006 at 06:05 PM.

ARAB NEWS

HAhahahahaah! Grim, buddy, you're the best. I can't believe you caught him on that. Hahahaha. Kudos, that was cool.

Anyway, I enjoyed Americandian's post. I can sum up all that black, red, and blue text for you - Israel is winning, and there's nothing he or his allies can do about it but whine. I'm fine with his posts. Come on, Grim, let him have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    Americanadian (wish you were simply just canadian), you are so one sided its unbeleivable.

You post an anonymous article with no comments or views of your own, and you completely ignore the fact that there are two sides to every issue. You make it seem like hezbollah and its LEBANESE supporters are angels and will abide by any UN resolution 100% (which by the way, if they had none of this would have started in teh first place)

I just dont trust a society whose civilians walk around with AK-47s and cheer and shoot wildly into the air when they hear about anything remotely bad happening to a western country.
    Whoa. Good post. That bolded comment does seem a little embarrassing.

I'll never forget the Danish cartoons that caused them to riot and destroy a KFC, in Pakistan I think it was. You know what I remember America doing when it got mad? Changed french fries to "freedom" fries, which frankly was equally hilarious, but not as animalistic, I think.

The attached dchristie picture with his all-time hero, George W. Bush, is pretty funny. You guys are too mean, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    Whoa. Good post. That bolded comment does seem a little embarrassing.

I'll never forget the Danish cartoons that caused them to riot and destroy a KFC, in Pakistan I think it was. You know what I remember America doing when it got mad? Changed french fries to "freedom" fries, which frankly was equally hilarious, but not as animalistic, I think.

The attached dchristie picture with his all-time hero, George W. Bush, is pretty funny. You guys are too mean, sometimes.
    You mean one of these?
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;

As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

ARAB NEWS

Awwww...too bad you take such offense to the Arab news. Don't tell Bush, as his favorite tongue swapping Sheik is Arab ya' know. I guess he doesn't know. Just think Grim...you could grow up to look just like this....

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker

You're one to talk. Maybe if the Irgun and Stern gangs went and fvcked themselves instead of murdering people to initiate the pipe dreams of Zionist crack lickers like yourself, the Hezbollah would have never needed to rise up. But shhhh.....don't mention that, it's in the past. The 4 week memory lapse is prevalent in these neocon parts.

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    I'm assuming you wrote that yourself, in the absence of a link or the name of an author!!

You must have missed the bit where the UN vote for the cease-fire was unanimous, so it doesn't matter a piecost what you think about the situation or the t.erms of the cease-fire!! But thanks for you views on the subject.

:D
    Yeah...the ceasefire that hinges on the Hezbollah to continue so Israel can take the Litani river and "defend itself" further. Smile all you want. The more you support those Zio-terrorists, the further Satan's pitchfork slides up your a s s.

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;