+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Forex Scams

Anyone have experience w/ FreedomRocks, a Forex program?

Forex sounds risky, but FreedomRocks would like you to believe their
    program is easy. You have to get your own broker.
    Any, and all replies, will be appreciated! THANKS. :) -Leslie

Re: At least 1-2K/month from options/forex. Is it possible ???

Best thing to do is sign up for a demo account with a broker. I know you can do this with many Forex brokers, not sure about options.

Then try trading for yourself. Look for free information on the web, there's lots of it, and see if you can find anything at your local library about it, and test what they teach on the demo account. If you can't make money trading on the demo account you certainly won't be able to on a real account. (Note it won't be real money, a demo account basically gives you electronic monopoly money to play with.)

If you do learn how to trade profitably with a demo, then open up a mini account when you have about $300 USD to spare. By to spare I mean if you lose it all, you won't really miss it much, since, as has been pointed out, there is a good chance you will. Forex trading is very risky.

Colin

38north Guest

Re: Anyone have experience w/ FreedomRocks, a Forex program?

Hello Leslie,

You're correct on both accounts--investing in the Forex market is risky and using FreedomRocks to invest in the Forex market is easy. Remember, any
    investment carries some risk and the Forex via FreedomRocks is no exception.

That being said, if you have any interest at all you should definately pursure
    this a little further. It is very simple matter to begin. First, any broker will allow (and wants) you to open up a demo account. That way you become
    familiar with the market and their particular trading platform. You use virtual money so there is no cost to you. Your trading results will mirror those of a live accout. And secondaly, FreedomRocks also offers demo accounts, and strongly encourages new members to practice with one or more demo accts.
    before funding your account with real money.

So the next question is which broker to use? FreedomRocks is currently
    reccommending two brokers. Both are listed in the members area of
    FreedomRocks website. Full instruction and screenshots are included to
    assist you in setting up your account.

Enough about brokers. If you haven't done so I encourage you to click on
    the following links to answer your questions:
    http://www.freedomrocks.com/24752
    http://24752.FRBuilder.com

If you would prefer, a recorded message is availabe 24/7 at this number:
    1-858-713-8770

Leslie, set up a demo account with FreedomRocks. It is the best way to see
    firsthand just how powerful and revolutionary this wealth building program
    truly is.

Bill
    FreeomRocks Indepindent Rep.
    Welcome to the world of Zero Guesswork Investing.

Re: forex enterprises

Do you guys have email add to contact Nick Marks?I want to reach the guy. Thanks!

Forex Bulls is a scam

Seemingly legit and possible their scheme is sold thru' RegSoft.com, a service of Digital River, Inc. 9625 West 76th Street, Suite 150. Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Regsoft seem to be legit but Forex Bulls provide two email addresses which both bounce and there is no further information. The cost is US $97-00 which is just nice to catch people.

Don't touch them. I have my bank reversing the transaction now.

Bassman

http://e-scam.blogspot.com/
    Some people started ranting and raving about a forex trading company called Freedom Rocks in a forum I visit months ago. They started making some pretty ridiculous claims about the company, so I thought I would test their knowledge. Freedom Rocks is a Multi-Level Marketing company that sells a forex trading system.

Let me give my disclaimer. I am currently employed at an online trading firm. We have a few trading platforms that allows the user to login and place trades in stocks, futures, and forex. We do not make any recommendations. We don't give any advice of any kind. We simply allow people to make trades. We have institutional clients and we also have the little guy who opens with $5,000. I have also worked for another company in the past that sells forex trading courses and systems.

I decided to quiz the people from Freedom Rocks who were making these claims. I gave them some info and asked some questions. After all, they were claiming to be master forex traders using this advanced trading system. Well, they got everything wrong. Here are a few examples:
    1) I mentioned to them that all forex courses are sold by forex trading firms or by companies that have contracts with these firms. They told me I was wrong.
    2) I told them that it is in the best interest of the trading firm if the trader loses money because the firm takes the opposite end of every trade. Again, they told me I was wrong. Let me explain this one. Let's pretend you trade the mini sized S&P futures contract online. You place an order to buy. The exchange matches that order to buy with someone's order to sell. The exchange doesn't care if the market moves for you or against you. There are laws in place to prevent the exchange from manipulating that market against you. Not so in forex. When you place an order to buy, the firm sells you the position. If the market moves against you, and you get out of the position at a loss, the firm makes money.
    3) I pointed out to them that there is no regulation by the US government to protect you when you trade. Currently the CFTC has only two regulations regarding forex trading firms in the US. Compare that to stacks of rules for stock and futures trading firms. These people actually had the nerve to again tell me that I was wrong. I told them over and over again that I work at a trading firm, and they insisted that everything I was telling them is untrue.
    I mentioned the many other dangers of forex trading, and they continued to insist that I was lying.

Now, if you do some online searches for Freedom Rocks or the CEO Mark Vincellette, you will start to notice a trend. They are going on to forum after forum making claims, and pretending to ask questions. They have people who go into forums pretending to ask for advice about the system. These same posters will claim that they are making a good deal of money, but want to know how others are doing with the system. The posts are pretty blatant ads for the company and they are uniform amongst the many forums in which they are posted.

Be very careful if you see anything about Freedom Rocks. They have this habit of getting you to fill out an online capture page that tells you nothing about their company, and then they swamp you with emails.

Forex is a very dangerous business. They won’t tell you this because they want your money. Here is some info posted by wikipedia

A forex scam is any trading scheme used to defraud individual traders by convincing them that they can expect to profit by trading in the foreign exchange market. One such example of someone who has come under such scrutiny is James Dicks. These scams might include churning of customer accounts for the purpose of generating commissions, selling software that is supposed to guide the customer to large profits [1],improperly managed "managed accounts"[2], false advertising[3], ponzi schemes and outright fraud [4]. It also refers to any retail forex broker who indicates that trading foreign exchange is a low risk, high profit investment. [5]

The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which loosely regulates the foreign exchange market in the United States, has noted an increase in the amount of unscrupulous activity in the non-bank foreign exchange industry.[6]

An official of the National Futures Association was quoted[7] as saying, "Retail forex trading has increased dramatically over the past few years. Unfortunately, the amount of forex fraud has also increased dramatically..." Between 2001 and 2006 the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission has prosecuted more than 80 cases involving the defrauding of more than 23,000 customers who lost $300 million, mostly in managed accounts. CNN also quoted Godfried De Vidts, President of the Financial Markets Association, a European body, as saying, "Banks have a duty to protect their customers and they should make sure customers understand what they are doing. Now if people go online, on non-bank portals, how is this control being done?"

The highly technical nature of retail forex industry, the OTC nature of the market, and the loose regulation of the market, leaves retail speculators vulnerable. Defrauded traders and regulatory authorities, can find it very difficult to prove that market manipulation has occurred since there is no central currency market, but rather a number of more or less interconnected marketplaces provided by interbank market makers.

38north Guest

I still stand by my post #2 above with the possible exception of the word "easy" in
    the first sentence. That was in response to the first post in this thread in which the same word was used.

No matter, see for yourself. Open up a demo account, follow the instructions, and see
    what happens over the course of a few weeks. If you like it, sign-up. If you don't,
    dump it. It is that simple.

Bill
    www.FreedomRocksMessage.com

I too would recommend you do a demo account.. I have had one for 3 to 4 months with a broker without anyone in the brokerage house prompting me to go live. Demo accounts are simple to get. everybody offers them freedomrocks is a multi level, that is the bad part. But I like the product Freedomrocks is not really a pure trading program. It's a hedging program that keeps you in the game . I have, in my demo, like around 220 lots in 1 pair, 200 lots in another pair and 400 in another pair . You only trade around 2 or 3 lots of each pair at anytime. The software gives you the entry and exit points. If if you don't get too foolish and keep your risked margins down to less than 20% of your capital , you are in good shape to withstand the volatility.

My account began with 10K , during these past 4 months It has gone up as high as $15K and down as low as $8800. but it is still there. Today my demo is at $15,477. The daily volatilty allows me if I had wanted to to close out and get back in. Forex is very volatile by nature But that account is still active. From the little I know of Forex most new accounts lose everything inside 30days. Personally I like it. Unfortunalety network marketing attracts not always the most professional people, but don't let that stop you. Do a demo. My first freedomrocks rep
    sent me an email, would not tell me where he got my name, pounded away at me for months about the multi level aspect after I had told him from the word go I did not want to MLM anything especially not a binary like freedomrocks where both legs have to do well not just 1 for you to benefit. Then he booted me off his newsgroup, had one of his buddies begin to work me and I asked them both to stop contacting me. Last week he called me and emailed me again asking me to join his program.

My point is unless MLM is your thing don't let the MLM get in the way. Most of those people are just reading a script Luckily I ended up with freedomrocks rep who is also a forex broker and very professional.

do a demo

co
    Quote Originally Posted by dragan
    http://e-scam.blogspot.com/
    Some people started ranting and raving about a forex trading company called Freedom Rocks in a forum I visit months ago. They started making some pretty ridiculous claims about the company, so I thought I would test their knowledge. Freedom Rocks is a Multi-Level Marketing company that sells a forex trading system.

Let me give my disclaimer. I am currently employed at an online trading firm. We have a few trading platforms that allows the user to login and place trades in stocks, futures, and forex. We do not make any recommendations. We don't give any advice of any kind. We simply allow people to make trades. We have institutional clients and we also have the little guy who opens with $5,000. I have also worked for another company in the past that sells forex trading courses and systems.

I decided to quiz the people from Freedom Rocks who were making these claims. I gave them some info and asked some questions. After all, they were claiming to be master forex traders using this advanced trading system. Well, they got everything wrong. Here are a few examples:
    1) I mentioned to them that all forex courses are sold by forex trading firms or by companies that have contracts with these firms. They told me I was wrong.
    2) I told them that it is in the best interest of the trading firm if the trader loses money because the firm takes the opposite end of every trade. Again, they told me I was wrong. Let me explain this one. Let's pretend you trade the mini sized S&P futures contract online. You place an order to buy. The exchange matches that order to buy with someone's order to sell. The exchange doesn't care if the market moves for you or against you. There are laws in place to prevent the exchange from manipulating that market against you. Not so in forex. When you place an order to buy, the firm sells you the position. If the market moves against you, and you get out of the position at a loss, the firm makes money.
    3) I pointed out to them that there is no regulation by the US government to protect you when you trade. Currently the CFTC has only two regulations regarding forex trading firms in the US. Compare that to stacks of rules for stock and futures trading firms. These people actually had the nerve to again tell me that I was wrong. I told them over and over again that I work at a trading firm, and they insisted that everything I was telling them is untrue.
    I mentioned the many other dangers of forex trading, and they continued to insist that I was lying.

Now, if you do some online searches for Freedom Rocks or the CEO Mark Vincellette, you will start to notice a trend. They are going on to forum after forum making claims, and pretending to ask questions. They have people who go into forums pretending to ask for advice about the system. These same posters will claim that they are making a good deal of money, but want to know how others are doing with the system. The posts are pretty blatant ads for the company and they are uniform amongst the many forums in which they are posted.

Be very careful if you see anything about Freedom Rocks. They have this habit of getting you to fill out an online capture page that tells you nothing about their company, and then they swamp you with emails.

Forex is a very dangerous business. They won’t tell you this because they want your money. Here is some info posted by wikipedia

A forex scam is any trading scheme used to defraud individual traders by convincing them that they can expect to profit by trading in the foreign exchange market. One such example of someone who has come under such scrutiny is James Dicks. These scams might include churning of customer accounts for the purpose of generating commissions, selling software that is supposed to guide the customer to large profits [1],improperly managed "managed accounts"[2], false advertising[3], ponzi schemes and outright fraud [4]. It also refers to any retail forex broker who indicates that trading foreign exchange is a low risk, high profit investment. [5]

The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), which loosely regulates the foreign exchange market in the United States, has noted an increase in the amount of unscrupulous activity in the non-bank foreign exchange industry.[6]

An official of the National Futures Association was quoted[7] as saying, "Retail forex trading has increased dramatically over the past few years. Unfortunately, the amount of forex fraud has also increased dramatically..." Between 2001 and 2006 the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission has prosecuted more than 80 cases involving the defrauding of more than 23,000 customers who lost $300 million, mostly in managed accounts. CNN also quoted Godfried De Vidts, President of the Financial Markets Association, a European body, as saying, "Banks have a duty to protect their customers and they should make sure customers understand what they are doing. Now if people go online, on non-bank portals, how is this control being done?"

The highly technical nature of retail forex industry, the OTC nature of the market, and the loose regulation of the market, leaves retail speculators vulnerable. Defrauded traders and regulatory authorities, can find it very difficult to prove that market manipulation has occurred since there is no central currency market, but rather a number of more or less interconnected marketplaces provided by interbank market makers.

TheRealStraightShooter Guest

Nick Marks? Come on people. Do you really think he's going to show you how to make $103,357.01 in 30 days without spending $100,000 ? Don't waste your time with horsecrap Web sites like Forexenterprise.com

Here's my review in case you wanted feedback from someone older than 12.

Nick Marks claims he's trust certified, meaning he doesn't spam. If he doesn't spam then why's he sending me emails about Russell Brunson's Dot Com Secrets. Incase Nick doesn't know it, that's considered spam.

And What's with this, here's a quote from the site:

"There are two major ways you can participate online and get PAID for it. The first is simply giving your opinion to companies willing to fork over cold, hard cash for it.

* We make $5 - $20 to shop
    (Plus we get reimbursed for the products we buy and we get to keep them.)
    * We make up to $25 eating out (And the meal is FREE)
    * We make $5 - $10 trying new products. (And yes, we get to keep the products.)
    * We make $5 - $ 75 answering online surveys
    * We make up to $150 participating in focus groups
    * We make up to $120 per hour answering surveys over the phone
    * We make up to $25 per hour watching new movie trailers "

Sounds like his program is full of affiliate links to take online surveys, and mystery shop. What a guy. Oh and if you act fast, he'll give you a review Website that will allow you to recommend his program and some data entry crap as a bonus.

Read the fine print before you buy.

Hello,

I agree with everyone that Forex is risky. So is commodities and in fact so is the stock market. How many of you lost most of your money after 9/11. My money that was in my mutual funds was supposed to be secure?

Well, I learned of the system at Freedom Rocks and began to investigate it myself. I have taken courses in commodity trading and tried many different ways to apporach trading there. It was unilevel most of the time and I lost more money then I made. What excited me here was that it was hedging more then trading. The best part here is for you to try the system and see if it works for you. Visit www.4xCreatesWealth.com

In my live account I took $6500 and in 4 weeks had a 60% return, that is $3900. If i do nothing else all year long, not one of my investment firms have matched that.

If you don't like what you see, just walk away.

FOREX TRADING ( currencys )

I found a great site for anyone looking for information on trading the Forex Markets. There are reviews on signals, tools, education, alerts, brokers, and managed accounts
    When reading the reviews, other traders will let you know if they are a SCAM.
    Check it out www.forexbastards.com

Hi Straightshooter,

I was searching the net to see if Forex Enterprises was a scam, and thank you, you confirmed it.

I am a sceptic by nature, but I'm also an enthusiast, (if those two things can be reconcilled in one person.)

I need work - not a job - I'm English and my US visa allows me to run a business, but not to work for someone else. So I need a commission only/self employed type thing that uses my good sales communication skills and my IQ - 154, and maybe my accent - people think its' cute for some reason.

So... you seem to know lots about this sector, any ideas for me? I'd be so grateful if you could point me at something useful.

Please reply :) you can email me: [email protected]

regards,

Stewart

Hi Straightshooter,

I was searching the net to see if Forex Enterprises was a scam, and thank you, you confirmed it.

I am a sceptic by nature, but I'm also an enthusiast, (if those two things can be reconcilled in one person.)

I need work - not a job - I'm English and my US visa allows me to run a business, but not to work for someone else. So I need a commission only/self employed type thing that uses my good sales communication skills and my IQ - 154, and maybe my accent - people think its' cute for some reason.

So... you seem to know lots about this sector, any ideas for me? I'd be so grateful if you could point me at something useful.

Please reply :)

regards,

Stewart

blueprintcapitalfx.com managed forex

hi guys,

i'm new to this forum... i've always wanted to invest money into different things... and always have come here to find out if it is a "scam" first or not before touching it... so i guess you can say that i'm a long-time lurker on these forms... now i need some help!!

i've been looking over this site a million times... did some google searches... went to www.bbb.org and tried to check these guys out.

their website is: www.blueprintcapitalfx.com

so far, i'm feeling good about this company... but dropping $25,000.00 will take more due dilligence...

i'm seriously contemplating on going with their managed forex service... but i was hoping some people on this board can maybe provide some help. maybe another pair of eyes... or different things that mbrs on this board know what to look for?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!

IPB-Forex.com

I cannot get over the fact that anyone can invest and get so much back.. Please will someone give me some advice about this website and do they really pay out every two weeks... Cause I sure want to invest if it's realll

Re: IPB-Forex.com

the only thing that bothers me with this is that they give you a fixed rate of return...
    it's pretty tough for ANY company to always have a profit every 2 weeks in the forex market...
    that part looks fishy to me.