+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

$hit is starting to hit the fan, U.S. bankrupt!

And it begins,

http://news.yahoo.com/hedge-funds-di...220204338.html

After the rich protect their money the rest of us will be told. I am totally out, no CD's, no bonds, no stocks, gold and silver are are even over priced. I have invested where I hope it will be best protected, I am converting my 33 acres into a Berry/Honey farm, putting in 10 acres of Blueberries, 2 of Strawberries, 1 each of Blackberries, Yellow, Black, and Red Raspberries, grapes and 22 Bee Hives. No more relying on a 401k, Social Security, or a retirement that can be reduced to nothing in the market. When they allowed companies to invest your retirement in the stock market, it was for one reason and one reason only, they needed a legal way to steal your money, it worked exactly like they planned.

Thank God the Government is broke, we need time to look back and make major changes only this kind of disaster make possible.

:angel:

Re: $hit is starting to hit the fan, U.S. bankrupt

Rates startin to head up

Huge move down in Treasury bond prices the last 3 days

Im sure the Fed is buying as many mortgage backed securities as they can to hold mortgage rates down there

You could be right

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA View Post
    And it begins,

http://news.yahoo.com/hedge-funds-di...220204338.html

After the rich protect their money the rest of us will be told. I am totally out, no CD's, no bonds, no stocks, gold and silver are are even over priced. I have invested where I hope it will be best protected, I am converting my 33 acres into a Berry/Honey farm, putting in 10 acres of Blueberries, 2 of Strawberries, 1 each of Blackberries, Yellow, Black, and Red Raspberries, grapes and 22 Bee Hives. No more relying on a 401k, Social Security, or a retirement that can be reduced to nothing in the market. When they allowed companies to invest your retirement in the stock market, it was for one reason and one reason only, they needed a legal way to steal your money, it worked exactly like they planned.

Thank God the Government is broke, we need time to look back and make major changes only this kind of disaster make possible.

:angel:
    Yup, brilliant move. I'm moving all my money into strawberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
    I'll make more off my berry farm than my friends are collecting from the federal government retirements they are receiving since their employers lost their retirements in the stock market. And Strawberries taste a hole lot better than gold, silver, or even a well done Euro.

:judges:

None of my Fed retirement checks have bounced yet.....

I'll let you know if they do.

yes, things are so bad that some law school students can't buy birth control - they are just mating with no controls - we are doomed.

in the meantime, you realize that the federal government can issue all the money it needs/wants to issue? new jersey can't, greece can't, but usa can.

the real problem is circulation. money issued should circulate among the population then, eventually, be absorbed by taxes, destroyed. recently, our money doesn't circulate, but is immediately sent offshore to buy products from china, oil from other places, cocaine and other drugs from south america. it's just a trade deficit problem. we need to produce more to trade, to balance the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    yes, things are so bad that some law school students can't buy birth control - they are just mating with no controls - we are doomed.

in the meantime, you realize that the federal government can issue all the money it needs/wants to issue? new jersey can't, greece can't, but usa can.

the real problem is circulation. money issued should circulate among the population then, eventually, be absorbed by taxes, destroyed. recently, our money doesn't circulate, but is immediately sent offshore to buy products from china, oil from other places, cocaine and other drugs from south america. it's just a trade deficit problem. we need to produce more to trade, to balance the economy.
    You mean your political party isn't saving your ass and your liberty?
    Yeah, but hey, we're white!
    Romney/Ryan Campaign 2012

LOL!!!

What's really funny is the article linked is talking about how things are recovering.

But no, we must not believe it. The sky is indeed falling!

Quote Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
    LOL!!!

What's really funny is the article linked is talking about how things are recovering.

But no, we must not believe it. The sky is indeed falling!
    Yup, and the UK conservtive government which won in 2010 slashed and cut and talked down the economy here. And the economy is flatlining while US is on the up.

Austerity? Bollocks.

Exactly..... Mr. Worried USA didn't understand his own link.

None of my Fed retirement checks have bounced yet.....

I'll let you know if they do.
    Delphi employees are receiving 1/3 of what they put away for themselves, the company was allowed to invest their retirement funds and lost it all, every penny and declared bankruptcy, good ol uncle sam stepped in with 1/3 of what was lost.

Do you think it is a coincident that the tax rate is 35% for investments and the feds are coughing up about 35% of what was "lost" in investing? Let your friends rape their employees but tax them 35% to cover the government takeover of the retirement payments, sweet plan, worked too.

We will see how big your smile is when they reduce your guaranteed retirement, and believe me it is coming. Federal Employee retirements represent way too much money for them greedy bastards not to grab it. Watch, mark my words.

:sun_smiley:
    Last edited by Worried_in_the_USA; 03-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.

OK, I'll mark your words.

Exactly..... Mr. Worried USA didn't understand his own link.
    Wonder if his wife knows yet.
    Yeah, but hey, we're white!
    Romney/Ryan Campaign 2012

The EU is on a self-fulfilling austerity death spiral. It doesnt work.

I tell you now, US should be grateful (yes, grateful) that Obama didnt take the advice of the Republicans. You'd be in a death spiral too.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA View Post
    Delphi employees are receiving 1/3 of what they put away for themselves, the company was allowed to invest their retirement funds and lost it all, every penny and declared bankruptcy, good ol uncle sam stepped in with 1/3 of what was lost.

We will see how big your smile is when they reduce your guaranteed retirement, and believe me it is coming. Federal Employee retirements represent way too much money for them greedy bastards not to grab it. Watch, mark my words.

:sun_smiley:
    You are using a company that relied on GM in order to stay in business as the example of what will be the standard for everyone that retires?

Ya... logic isn't your strong suit.