+ Reply to Thread

Is Market Force Information a scam?

Hi:
    I'm looking for another way to make some extra money. (I've been freelance writing and participating in focus groups until now.) While looking for some more freelance work, I came upon a website called Market Force International. They claim that they pay people on an independent contract basis to mystery shop, or see movies and things of that nature. Naturally, seeing this, I'm interested in signing up with them, but am unsure whether this is a scam or a legitimate enterprise. They get an A- rating from the BBB. But, they also require you to provide them with your social security number when you register, which makes me a little uneasy. So, my questions are: 1. Has anyone ever heard of Market Force International? 2. Has anyone ever participated in any of the activities that they sponsor? 3. Is Market Force Information a scam?
    Thanks.
    amitt

Re: Is Market Force Information a scam?

No, they are not a scam.

They are a legitimate mystery shopping and merchandising company, assuming of course that you are going to http://www.marketforce.com/

I did quite a bit of work for them in the past.
    Last edited by surfer; 03-13-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Great. Thanks for letting me know so promptly. I think that I might sign up with them.
    amitt

Did you sign up for this? How is it going? Is it worth signing up for? Please let me know, I am also interested but very hesitant about giving out my social. Thanks

They have a reputation for being legitimate. It would be great to hear any other feedback about them.

Marketforce is very legitimate but please make sure you are going to the correct website. With all the scams going on in this area there seems to be at least one website playing off their name. This is the legit site: http://www.marketforce.com/

I would also say that they are legit after reading several reviews about the company. But you can also do more research and see if they really pay for the work that you do.