+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

The Truth behind all MLM companies and Monavie: the latest healthdrink sensation

HALL OF FAME POST
    (For all the right reasons!)

MLM companies have always facinated me. They promise so much, are always different from their predecessors, and never require more than 3-4 hours a week. The truth is things are much more complicated this. First, let's look at MonaVie's product.

I have no doubt that the acai berry is an excellent nutritional source for antioxidants. However, the acai berry just like any berry is always best fresh and raw. Anytime that you process a berry, fruit, etc... you remove a significant portion of the nutritional value. Don't get fooled into the idea that a processed acai berry at $28.00/bottle somehow has more nutritional value than a raw blueberry from your grocer or any other berry for that matter. It simply isn't true. Eventually, supply chain logistics will figure out a way to freeze the product and get it into your grocers frozen section. If the market is there I guarantee that larger corporations will figure this out.

Now to the MLM side of the business. It has always fascinated me how individuals who choose to represent an MLM product do not realize that they have turned into a walking commerical for their product. Everywhere they go and everyone they talk to they shout claims of "all the money I've made", "it's really different from Amway, Shaklee, MaryKay, etc...." or the best of all "all you do is use the product and get your friends to use it" it's just that easy!

This is all nonsense. Have people ever stopped to think how much money they are making the company's management??? Are these people somehow just tremendous benefactors of society and are passing on the golden key to wealth because they are nice people and want everyone to succeed??? NO! The truth is they are preying on every human's weaknesses - wealth, security, etc... MLM business could care less if they are selling sacks of cement, dishwashing soap or hemmoroid creme. All they have to do is set up the pyramid to carry the product. It is only a more elaborate Ponzi scheme. Think about it!

Lastly management will always purport the idea that instead of pushing the product through major retail outlets they want individuals to personally benefit. This couldn't be further from the truth. They have only shifted their marketing expenses from the television and magazines to the individual (who they will obviously pay if they move the product). People please stop the insanity and realize these MLM companies for what they are. An elaborate Ponzi scheme.
    Last edited by scambuster; 08-15-2006 at 04:41 AM.

PocketChange Guest

Re: The Truth behind all MLM companies and Monavie: the latest healthdrink sensation

Interesting remarks. Sad, for you, but interesting nonetheless.

MLM companies have always facinated me. They promise so much, are always different from their predecessors, and never require more than 3-4 hours a week. The truth is things are much more complicated this. First, let's look at MonaVie's product.

I too have always been fascinated with owning my own business and my time. Every MLM company I have ever been associated with had differences from all the others. I do not recall ever working a mere 3-4 hours per week. I do recall working 40-60 hours per week, just like at the jobs I have held. Difference is, in my MLM endeavors I set my own schedule and have produced income that has allowed me to remove myself from those jobs. I think the person who claims 3-4 hours per week should keep their regular jobs - they are not serious about running a company.

I have no doubt that the acai berry is an excellent nutritional source for antioxidants. However, the acai berry just like any berry is always best fresh and raw. Anytime that you process a berry, fruit, etc... you remove a significant portion of the nutritional value. Don't get fooled into the idea that a processed acai berry at $28.00/bottle somehow has more nutritional value than a raw blueberry from your grocer or any other berry for that matter. It simply isn't true. Eventually, supply chain logistics will figure out a way to freeze the product and get it into your grocers frozen section. If the market is there I guarantee that larger corporations will figure this out.

There always has been and always will be new competition and new technology to contend with. Keeps it exciting, challenging!

Now to the MLM side of the business. It has always fascinated me how individuals who choose to represent an MLM product do not realize that they have turned into a walking commerical for their product. Everywhere they go and everyone they talk to they shout claims of "all the money I've made", "it's really different from Amway, Shaklee, MaryKay, etc...." or the best of all "all you do is use the product and get your friends to use it" it's just that easy!

It has always fascinated me how individuals who have jobs DO NOT talk to everyone, everywhere they go and shout claims of "all the money I've made" at their JOBs. They don't even boast of how it is different from Amway, Shaklee, MaryKay, etc... even though their traditional jobs truly are different from those companies. Funny, most people do not even brag their jobs or employers up period, and they certainly don't want to get all their friends to do the same thing they do. Afraid their friends wouldn't be friends for long. Reality - most are not that proud of the income they produce at their jobs and most people use competitive prodcts and services over the ones provided/produced where they work.

This is all nonsense. Have people ever stopped to think how much money they are making the company's management??? Are these people somehow just tremendous benefactors of society and are passing on the golden key to wealth because they are nice people and want everyone to succeed??? NO! The truth is they are preying on every human's weaknesses - wealth, security, etc... MLM business could care less if they are selling sacks of cement, dishwashing soap or hemmoroid creme. All they have to do is set up the pyramid to carry the product. It is only a more elaborate Ponzi scheme. Think about it!

I agree - I think - you were talking about where people work right, Corporate America??? Go to school, get a good education, get a good job, work 30-40 years, become a greeter at WalMart???

Lastly management will always purport the idea that instead of pushing the product through major retail outlets they want individuals to personally benefit. This couldn't be further from the truth. They have only shifted their marketing expenses from the television and magazines to the individual (who they will obviously pay if they move the product). People please stop the insanity and realize these MLM companies for what they are. An elaborate Ponzi scheme.[/QUOTE]

Whatever. Praying for you - at your job!

Re: The Truth behind all MLM companies and Monavie: the latest healthdrink sensation

Quote Originally Posted by PocketChange
    Interesting remarks. Sad, for you, but interesting nonetheless.

I too have always been fascinated with owning my own business and my time. Every MLM company I have ever been associated with had differences from all the others. I do not recall ever working a mere 3-4 hours per week. I do recall working 40-60 hours per week, just like at the jobs I have held. Difference is, in my MLM endeavors I set my own schedule and have produced income that has allowed me to remove myself from those jobs. I think the person who claims 3-4 hours per week should keep their regular jobs - they are not serious about running a company.

Show me a MLM homepage that states to be successful you need to work 40-60 hours a week. If you find one, I will show you twenty that state 4-6 hours.

There always has been and always will be new competition and new technology to contend with. Keeps it exciting, challenging!

What innovative product has been sold through MLM FIRST?

It has always fascinated me how individuals who have jobs DO NOT talk to everyone, everywhere they go and shout claims of "all the money I've made" at their JOBs. They don't even boast of how it is different from Amway, Shaklee, MaryKay, etc... even though their traditional jobs truly are different from those companies. Funny, most people do not even brag their jobs or employers up period, and they certainly don't want to get all their friends to do the same thing they do. Afraid their friends wouldn't be friends for long. Reality - most are not that proud of the income they produce at their jobs and most people use competitive prodcts and services over the ones provided/produced where they work.

You know what? In my neighbrohood, their are two types of people. One that asks you what you do for a living right after meeting you. The other never asks, or only weeks or months later.

I agree - I think - you were talking about where people work right, Corporate America??? Go to school, get a good education, get a good job, work 30-40 years, become a greeter at WalMart???

Nothing wrong with owning your own destiny, just do it where the ODDS are not stacked against you, and you get a FAIR, long term chance.

Lastly management will always purport the idea that instead of pushing the product through major retail outlets they want individuals to personally benefit. This couldn't be further from the truth. They have only shifted their marketing expenses from the television and magazines to the individual (who they will obviously pay if they move the product). People please stop the insanity and realize these MLM companies for what they are. An elaborate Ponzi scheme.
    Whatever. Praying for you - at your job![/QUOTE]

Please don't bring religin in to this, let's stick to the facts.

PocketChange Guest

Quote Originally Posted by marvin blows
    Whatever. Praying for you - at your job!
    Please don't bring religin in to this, let's stick to the facts.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you will have to deal with it. The fact is, religion has been removed from too many things and that is evident in the happenings of today - especially in America!

The fact that you cannot even spell the word correctly indicates that perhaps you are a willing contributor to that tragedy.

Still Praying for ya MB!

Sorry, but you will have to deal with it. The fact is, religion has been removed from too many things and that is evident in the happenings of today - especially in America!
    Apparently, you've missed the Jihad.

Organized religion has caused more deaths in the history of this world than anything else (for reference, see The Crusades). If people simply cared about other people, that would be much better than a ton of religion foisted down our throats. I guess I'm with John Lennon on this one.

PocketChange Guest

Quote Originally Posted by openQuestion
    Apparently, you've missed the Jihad.

Organized religion has caused more deaths in the history of this world than anything else (for reference, see The Crusades). If people simply cared about other people, that would be much better than a ton of religion foisted down our throats. I guess I'm with John Lennon on this one.
    Hey OQ, good to talk to you again! You know me from the past and under a different name - Scambuster got overzealous or maybe got in trouble from his Mom and took it out on me as a previous poster.

On this topic, keep in mind here that I merely told the guy I was going to be "Praying for you - at your job!" I was not trying to convert or make a believer out of him. Certainly was not attempting to foist a ton of religion down his throat.

So, if being religious or foisting religion is bad, is it still ok to have faith in something or someone?

I do have my religion, Roman Catholic. Because of this, I cannot join your MLM!

PocketChange Guest

I do have my religion, Roman Catholic. Because of this, I cannot join your MLM!
    We are all involved in MLM - you and yours included. Always have been and always will be. To NOT participate in MLM would be very tough - you would have to go nowhere, do nothing, and associate with nobody.

You just choose to do it for FREE! The rest of us will take the money for the referral.

We are all involved in MLM - you and yours included. Always have been and always will be. To NOT participate in MLM would be very tough - you would have to go nowhere, do nothing, and associate with nobody.

You just choose to do it for FREE! The rest of us will take the money for the referral.
    I disagree. I do not choose to make money off family and friends.

PocketChange Guest

I disagree. I do not choose to make money off family and friends.

So, if you owned a hardware store and stocked it with all the items typically sold at hardware stores, you would block your family and friends at the door and direct them to do their shopping at your competitors locations......is that what you are saying?

I can tell you this, if one of your family members or friends owned a hardware store, they would certainly EXPECT you to buy your merchandise at their stores!

Advertising is Advertising - wether it is traditional or word of mouth. By the way, word of mouth is more traditional and has been around longer than all other forms of commercial advertising.

Some people just make excuses....

Still praying for you at your job......Roman Catholic or not...

So, if you owned a hardware store and stocked it with all the items typically sold at hardware stores, you would block your family and friends at the door and direct them to do their shopping at your competitors locations......is that what you are saying?

I would sell to them cheaper than they could buy someplace else, and cover my cost.

I can tell you this, if one of your family members or friends owned a hardware store, they would certainly EXPECT you to buy your merchandise at their stores!

Advertising is Advertising - wether it is traditional or word of mouth. By the way, word of mouth is more traditional and has been around longer than all other forms of commercial advertising.

Some people just make excuses....

I am making excuses for nothing sir. Just explaining my ethics. You are trying to justify taking advantage of family and friends, and that has no defense.

Still praying for you at your job......Roman Catholic or not...
    Thanks for the prayers, I just hope God does not think less of me because of the messenger.

PocketChange Guest

Thanks for the prayers, I just hope God does not think less of me because of the messenger.

Either you know better than that, or you don't know HIM.

Stupid religious people. Look at how he attacked you for not spelling rileagean correctly.

MLM's are bull**** - they eat away your money on support materials like cds and books that encourage you to work harder. What's wrong with that? You don't make any goddamn money. Nobody wants to be around you in the end because you've wasted all of your time learning NOTHING new but how to sell **** in the most convincing, bridge-burningly fast way leaving those sorry sods who bought your ****ty, OVER-PRICED product with $20 - $300+ less in their wallets, smarter for it, and no longer of any relation to you for fear of being burned again.

But I'm not even close to being the first person in the city I live in to type this, and in the end these MLM supporters are simply hurting themselves.

It's good you've found religion and probably chant it in circle-jerk prayer/business sessions. It might just be enough to keep you from commiting suicide after you realize you're homeless and are ostrasized your family and friends. You're up-line leaves you with di-- or cu-- in hand too. Have fun by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy
    Stupid religious people. Look at how he attacked you for not spelling rileagean correctly.

MLM's are bull**** - they eat away your money on support materials like cds and books that encourage you to work harder. What's wrong with that? You don't make any goddamn money. Nobody wants to be around you in the end because you've wasted all of your time learning NOTHING new but how to sell **** in the most convincing, bridge-burningly fast way leaving those sorry sods who bought your ****ty, OVER-PRICED product with $20 - $300+ less in their wallets, smarter for it, and no longer of any relation to you for fear of being burned again.

But I'm not even close to being the first person in the city I live in to type this, and in the end these MLM supporters are simply hurting themselves.

It's good you've found religion and probably chant it in circle-jerk prayer/business sessions. It might just be enough to keep you from commiting suicide after you realize you're homeless and are ostrasized your family and friends. You're up-line leaves you with di-- or cu-- in hand too. Have fun by yourself.

Yep, it sucks horse urine. You took the words out of my mouth. The recruiting circle jerk continues :eek: . Damn scammers! Might as well be:

Invasion of the scammer snatchers! :rolleyes:

PocketChange Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy

Keep scratchin and having fun by yourself, and thanks for the autobiography! Pretty deep stuff!

NEXT!

All the good posters keep getting banned.

RXPFuelSaver