Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Atheism is a Scam ! Hallelujah !

My friend sang this and emailed me it.
    It's dead air for the first 10 seconds then it kicks in. She has the voice of an angel. Listen to this song and tell me there's no God! Atheism is a scam!:sun_smiley:
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Re: Atheism is a Scam ! Hallelujah !

I heard there was a secret chord That David played and it pleased the Lord But you don't really care for music, do ya?
    Well it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth The minor fall and the major lift The baffled king composing Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah Hallelujah, Hallelujah
    Your faith was strong but you needed proof You saw her bathing on the roof Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
    She tied you to her kitchen chair She broke your throne and she cut your hair And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah
    Maybe there's a God above But all I've ever learned from love Is how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
    It's not a cry that you hear at night It's not someone who's seen the light It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah
    Hallelujah, Hallelujah

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings. User Rank

Rufus Wainwright has the best version of this tune.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

This was recorded with an iphone on top of her piano.

Music, as with any art, is subjective at best. I don't believe this song is about God... I interpret it as more about a doomed, broken love. It brings you to an emotional peak then, by the end, you feel like hanging your head and crying... yet the irony is in the Hallelujah.
    Last edited by yyy123; 03-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.

My friend blows this out of the park. Your tube guy sounds retarded. Like he has a speech impediment.

Like a weekend $80 birthday Bob Dylan wanna be hack.

Give me a break
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.

If Atheism is a "scam" then it is a much more faithful-to-reality scam than religion ever could be.......

Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    My friend blows this out of the park. Your tube guy sounds retarded. Like he has a speech impediment.

Like a weekend $80 birthday Bob Dylan wanna be hack.

Give me a break
    You're more than welcome to support your friend. Though IMO she is choppy, misses time and is lacking the vocal depth to pull the song off on an emotional level... but that's just my opinion.

There is also John Cale's version which was performed in the movie Shreck (Wainwright is on the soundtrack though). Also, Jeff Buckley and k.d. lang's covers of the song are memorable... not to slight the original by Leonard Cohen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJTiXoMCppw
    or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_L2v_DJSxg
    which is much darker and has a certain off-center feel.

Honestly I love this girl more than you could imagine and if you said this in my immediate presence I would have literally attacked you, gotten arrested, and lost all control. This isn't a professional singer, this is some chick freestyling it one take, f uck nuts.

You have zero eye/ear for talent and I will be throwing you some serious (voodoo) negative mojo your way. Expect a string of very bad luck......I'll take the negative karma backend on this one.:zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pisse d::zx11pissed:
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-07-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Honestly I love this girl more than you could imagine and if you said this in my immediate presence I would have literally have attacked you, gotten arrested, and would have had no control of my actions.

You have zero eye/ear for talent and will be throwing you some serious negative mojo your way. Expect a string of very bad luck......I'll take the negative karma backend on this one.:zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pisse d::zx11pissed:
    Wow. Dude. You seriously need to relax. You're upset because someone thinks that your friend is not as good as Jeff Buckely?? Seriously? How do you even manage to function in civilized society with that level of anger?

Bunch of bitch a s s keyboard warriors. It was on her timing and saying it wasn't emotional that pisses me off.

I don't do well in society thats why I run a dumb message board with a bunch of haters

Sorry guys. I'm f'ed up. You are right. Night.

Honestly I love this girl more than you could imagine and if you said this in my immediate presence I would have literally attacked you, gotten arrested, and lost all control. This isn't a professional singer, this is some chick freestyling it one take, f uck nuts.
    So that means I have to like it? I know she is an amateur musician... it was obvious. Sure she has a good voice, but her cover of the song didn't do anything for me.
    You have zero eye/ear for talent and I will be throwing you some serious (voodoo) negative mojo your way. Expect a string of very bad luck......I'll take the negative karma backend on this one.:zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pissed::zx11pisse d::zx11pissed:
    and you've got the nads to say we're a "bunch of haters"? You need to take a good honest look in the mirror.
    You're admin... BFD... that doesn't mean we have to kiss your ass.
    If you don't like the feedback then don't post... problem solved.

all this talk just makes me want to scroll back up to the link.....

( ....gotta here this chick sing this tune.)

But first I think I will make breakfast and espresso ...

( I love the suspense )
    "Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin

I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.

-Isaac Asimov

You're right you don't have to kiss my ass. I never asked anyone to, nor do I abuse my power here. I overreacted and apologized, but wholeheartedly disagree with the music review
    Last edited by Administrator; 03-08-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Of course Atheism is not a scam.
    If you don't believe in God or God's my God understands.

I listened to Sviat's friend sing this song and I thought it was very very good.
    Like others though, I felt it lacked the emotion needed to pull this song off and say it was the best.

I personally like kd lang's vocal of this song. I've listened to many others perform this song and I enjoy kd lang over all the others.