+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advocare MLM

Advocare MLM

Yesterday at my firehouse I saw a flyer from a firefighter I've worked with promoting Advocare products. I received an e-mail today for the same thing.

Anyone know anything about the products or the opportunity? Even though I argue against MLM's, there must be a few that are decent. I intend to warn her about all the pitfalls and negative attributes of MLM's, then tell her to compare her MLM to what I've pointed out, to make a fully informed decision and also to ask the right questions to her upline.

Any helpful/informative comments in regards?
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Re: Advocare MLM

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    Yesterday at my firehouse I saw a flyer from a firefighter I've worked with promoting Advocare products. I received an e-mail today for the same thing.

Anyone know anything about the products or the opportunity? Even though I argue against MLM's, there must be a few that are decent. I intend to warn her about all the pitfalls and negative attributes of MLM's, then tell her to compare her MLM to what I've pointed out, to make a fully informed decision and also to ask the right questions to her upline.

Any helpful/informative comments in regards?
    Yeah, mind your own business.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    It's ashame that box_alarm is asking for real advice to help out a co-worker, and you pull this childish nonsense. He even admitted, as a lot of us here have before, that this MLM may be decent. Way to look like a$shole Chris Doyle. Your reputation around here sure does precede you.

Why is it that he should mind his business, but as an MLM sale representative, you must peddle into everybody else's business just find new recruits or "customers" and hopefully reach that "successful goal" of $90/month of revenue and bonuses.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    MLMer admits it is ok to break family bonds and tear at its fabric in order to pursue "success." [Is this what you want from your business?]

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Go f yourself you ahole. You give all MLM'rs a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by bsc8987 View Post
    Go f yourself you ahole. You give all MLM'rs a bad name.
    Two words of advice for you.......anger therapy.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Here's some advice about taking advice:
    http://youtu.be/J--z59kvTKA

Quote Originally Posted by kegger430 View Post
    It's ashame that box_alarm is asking for real advice to help out a co-worker, and you pull this childish nonsense. He even admitted, as a lot of us here have before, that this MLM may be decent. Way to look like a$shole Chris Doyle. Your reputation around here sure does precede you.

Why is it that he should mind his business, but as an MLM sale representative, you must peddle into everybody else's business just find new recruits or "customers" and hopefully reach that "successful goal" of $90/month of revenue and bonuses.
    Most of his posts are without substance and are irrelevant to the discussion, so I choose to ignore him much of the time, especially when he banters back and forth with people as he tries to derail the conversation by confusing people with bull$hit.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

I haven't had the chance to talk to my co-worker, but I have looked at the Advocare site a little. If the distributor is at the 40% level (whatever that is), the prices aren't too bad for personal consumption, but otherwise the products are too expensive compared to the competition.

I found personal income claims on their site:

http://www.advocare.com/opportunity/default.aspx

http://www.advocare.com/opportunity/waystoearn.aspx

"Working part time, we earned $37,00 our first year. We now earn more than $12,000 per month with Advocare."

- Matt & Amber Warren - Colorado

The above is right off the site. I thought personal income claims are illegal?

I couldn't find their comp plan. It seems that you have to go for a meeting or have to kill four hours listening to the opportunity pitch in your living room just to find out how the plan works.

On a positive note, Mike and Casey Burgener, who are prominent in the Olympic Wieghtlifting community and Crossfit endorse the products.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

Most of his posts are without substance and are irrelevant to the discussion, so I choose to ignore him much of the time, especially when he banters back and forth with people as he tries to derail the conversation by confusing people with bull$hit.
    Your co worker will react one of two ways; if they are the right sort for MLM, they will ignore your ''advice'', knowing that you are hardly qualified to advise anyone on MLM; if they are the wrong sort for MLM, they will take your ''advice'' and not do it, so saving everyone time and effort.
    Good luck.

Your co worker will react one of two ways; if they are the right sort for MLM, they will ignore your ''advice'', knowing that you are hardly qualified to advise anyone on MLM; if they are the wrong sort for MLM, they will take your ''advice'' and not do it, so saving everyone time and effort.
    Good luck.
    I plan to have her upline answer these questions for her if they haven't already:

What percentage of sales are retail, and what percentage are in-network only?

What was the startup fee, and what are the recurring fees?

What is the quota required to receive commissions, and does this have to be satisfied monthly?

What are all the possible ways to lose the commission, or lose/forfeit downlines?

What are the average distributor incomes, and what percentage of distributors are active?

What is the average tenure of a distributor?

How many times have distributors left with their downlines for other MLM's?

What type of training do you get, and do you have to pay for any of it (tools, workshops, etc)?

How do the products compare to the competition on a retail basis for both quality and price?

Does your downline emphasize retail sales over recruiting, or the opposite, or is there a balance?

Regarding the endorsements, are they paid endorsements, or true testimonials?

Have the owners of this MLM been sued while running other MLM's, either successfully or unsuccessfully?
    MLM's Mission Statement:

I plan to have her upline answer these questions for her if they haven't already:

What percentage of sales are retail, and what percentage are in-network only?
    You will not be able to find this out company wide, only from a personal distributor perspective, as its unlikely that numbers will be kept.

What was the startup fee, and what are the recurring fees?
    Fair question.

What is the quota required to receive commissions, and does this have to be satisfied monthly?
    Fair question.

What are all the possible ways to lose the commission, or lose/forfeit downlines?
    Fair question

What are the average distributor incomes, and what percentage of distributors are active?
    They may or may not have the answers, most companies dont.

What is the average tenure of a distributor?
    Again, probably unlikely to get an answer.

How many times have distributors left with their downlines for other MLM's?
    Very unlikely to know that.

What type of training do you get, and do you have to pay for any of it (tools, workshops, etc)?
    Fair question.

How do the products compare to the competition on a retail basis for both quality and price?
    Fair question

Does your downline emphasize retail sales over recruiting, or the opposite, or is there a balance?
    Fair question.

Regarding the endorsements, are they paid endorsements, or true testimonials?
    Fair question

Have the owners of this MLM been sued while running other MLM's, either successfully or unsuccessfully?
    Fair question

Here's their comp plan:

https://www.advocare.com/0908345/Pdf/policy.pdf
    MLM's Mission Statement:

The comp plan looks legitimate. They appear to be in compliance with all the anti-pyramid laws such as requiring sales to a certain amount of customers, no inventory loading (must move 70% IIRC), must provide names and contacts of retail customers so they can randomly call and see if you're actually selling to them, etc.

The quotas and other requirements to remain an advisor, and what you lose if you lose the advisor status was confusing, though.

The comp plan seems decent, and not too confusing or "gimmicky" otherwise. The products are probably of decent quality given the testimonials. That leaves the question of price. If prople are going to leave popular brands, there needs to be a cost incentive most of the time.
    MLM's Mission Statement: