+ Reply to Thread

Yet Another Wackbag "impressed" by our enemy

Mike Wallace Says Iranian President an 'Impressive Fellow'
    Wednesday, August 09, 2006

NEW YORK — Twenty-seven years after a chilling sit-down with Ayatollah Khomeini that was one of Mike Wallace's most memorable, the CBS newsman snagged an interview this week with current Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Tehran.

The 88-year-old Wallace had been pursuing the interview for so long that he had to be reminded by Ahmadinejad when he first asked for it.

A portion of Wallace's interview, conducted Tuesday at a crucial time in the Mideast with Israel fighting the Iran-backed Hezbollah, will be shown Thursday on the "CBS Evening News." A fuller report will air on Sunday's "60 Minutes."

In the interview, Ahmadinejad said of the Bush administration, "see how they talk down to my nation."

During the midst of the American hostage crisis in 1979, Wallace interviewed Iranian leader Khomeini, locking eyes with the cleric when he asked for a response to Egyptian President Anwar el-Sadat calling Khomeini a lunatic.

Of Ahmadinejad, Wallace said, "He's an impressive fellow, this guy. He really is. He's obviously smart as hell."

Wallace said he was surprised to find that the Iranian president was still a college professor who taught a graduate-level course.

"You'll find him an interesting man," he said. "I expected more of a firebrand. I don't think he has the slightest doubt about how he feels ... about the American administration and the Zionist state. He comes across as more rational than I had expected."

Wallace said he and producers Bob Anderson and Casey Morgan had been seeking the interview for more than a year, since he sat next to Ahmadinejad at a United Nations breakfast and told the Iranian leader that he'd like to come to Iran to talk to him someday. Wallace admitted he had forgotten about that encounter until the Iranian president brought it up.

Summoned to Iran for the interview, Wallace and his team waited for nearly a week until he was brought in to speak to Ahmadinejad.

Tehran in August isn't Wallace's usual haunt; that's when you'll usually find him in Martha's Vineyard. It's also no way to spend retirement. CBS News announced in the spring that Wallace had retired as a regular "60 Minutes" correspondent, although he would still be available for special interviews.

Wallace said he nearly fell out of his chair when Ahmadinejad told him, "I hear this is your last interview."

Wallace said he replied: "What do you think? Is it a good idea to retire?"

He said the Iranian president told him it was important to keep doing interesting things. And Wallace is already thinking about his next story: he said he's trying for an interview with Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207664,00.html
    Last edited by franKg; 08-10-2006 at 01:53 PM.
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Re: Yet Another Wackbag "impressed" by our enemy

I used to like Mike Wallace but now, he is just another stumblin , bumblin , mumblin old geezer blinded by hatred .

He is also a bigot and a racist and this has got to be one of the most scumbaggiest things that he could possibly say.

He's impressed by Ahmadinejad , who back in 1979 ,attacked a US embassy and took american hostages, wants to wipe Israel off the planet, threatens to violate any UN resolution to order him to cease and is threatening the world with armegeddon

Wallace : Well Mr president , it was an honor and priveledge to be here with you , and I hope and pray that George Bush takes your advice ,...I have to be going now , good day your excellency

Ahmadinejad : Your not going anywhere, sit down infedel, ...Abdoolah get me a ball peen hammer and a pair of pliers

ahhh....if only

EXCLUSIVE: HANGED FROM A CRANE AGED 16
    EXCLUSIVE JUSTICE IRAN STYLE: SICK GIRL EXECUTED BY JUDGE SHE DEFIED Her crime? She had sex with an unmarried man
    By Susie Boniface
    IT WAS exactly 6am and the start of another blisteringly hot summer day when 16-year-old Atefeh Rajabi was dragged from her prison cell and taken to be executed.

Every step of the way the troubled teenager plagued by mental problems shouted "repentance, repentance" as the militiamen marched her to the town's Railway Square.

The Iranian judge who had sentenced Atefeh to death was left unmoved as he personally put the noose around her neck and signalled to the crane driver.

Kicking and screaming, Atefeh was left dangling for 45 minutes from the arm of the crane as the crowd sobbed and - under their breath - damned the mullahs.

Atefeh's crime? Offending public morality. She was found guilty of "acts incompatible with chastity" by having sex with an unmarried man, even though friends say Atefeh was in such a fragile mental state that she wasn't in a position to say no.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html

__________________________________________________ ___________
    impressed Mr Wallace ?

You know, where's dchristie and lady mod to denounce this stuff? Where is their frustration with this sort of religious, right-wing conservatism?

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    I used to like Mike Wallace but now, he is just another stumblin , bumblin , mumblin old geezer blinded by hatred .

He is also a bigot and a racist and this has got to be one of the most scumbaggiest things that he could possibly say.

He's impressed by Ahmadinejad , who back in 1979 ,attacked a US embassy and took american hostages, wants to wipe Israel off the planet, threatens to violate any UN resolution to order him to cease and is threatening the world with armegeddon

Wallace : Well Mr president , it was an honor and priveledge to be here with you , and I hope and pray that George Bush takes your advice ,...I have to be going now , good day your excellency

Ahmadinejad : Your not going anywhere, sit down infedel, ...Abdoolah get me a ball peen hammer and a pair of pliers

ahhh....if only
    This shows all too clearly that you aren't willing to see what is right in front of you. Wallace was impressed with the man, not his past actions. Similarly I reply now to Gazza's post: Wallace was impressed with the man, not the legal state of his country.

read what is being said and understand it for what it is, not what you decide it is!

You lot (and I mean nearly everyone in these forums) persist in making straw man arguments of each other, then DEMOLISHING them. Its pointless. Try actually talking about what 'the others' say, rather than what you assume they say.

And as evidenced by Franks Post, you are willing to take your own out of phase point of view of this article, and use it to derive comments about Mike Wallace.

My 2 cents.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald
    You know, where's dchristie and lady mod to denounce this stuff? Where is their frustration with this sort of religious, right-wing conservatism?

It is kind of sad. The only time anyone starts really paying attention to Frankie is when it appears the buckles on his straight jacket are getting loose. Somebody should at least put some cream on his nose.
    It must be getting pretty sore from the keyboard.
    Last edited by dchristie; 08-10-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    It is kind of sad. The only time anyone starts really paying attention to Frankie is when it appears the buckles on his straight jacket are getting loose. Somebody should at least put some cream on his nose.
    It must be getting pretty sore from the keyboard.
    LOL... frannie and gazza both need some salve.

Franie and gazza are the type of individuals, as is Bush, who consistently underestimates their enemies. Ahmadinejad is certainly the enemy of America, but to not recognize his credentials or to miscalculate his aptitude is completely irrational.
    Remember "Mission Accomplished"? There is a prime example of the stupidity of the current administration, and the complete and utter underestimation of the enemy.
    I've never met Ahmadinejad so I can't say what he's like, but I don't think he is just a "dumb raghead". I hope to hell we don't have people like frannie an gazza making more miscalculations and inaccurate decisions based on emotion and disinformation. Know your enemy, and know him well. Or risk another "Mission Accomplished" fiasco, or worse.
    Last edited by UserName; 08-10-2006 at 07:27 PM.

It's a lot easier to think of arab leaders as mindless, evil terrorists with no motives other than death and destruction. Unfortunately, real life is not a cartoon, and I'm afraid our president spends a little too much time watching Spongebob. I'm not defending them by any means, only pointing out the difference between respecting the enemy's intelligence versus respecting their actions.

Hitler was a talented leader and a brilliant military tactician. That said, I've never been a big fan of his work.
    Last edited by yossarian; 08-10-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    Why can't you stupid people wake up and realise that a nation who has no regard for human life or human decency IS your enemy and as such is NOT to be trusted or admired!
    When are you going to learn how to comprehend what you read?
    Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    Ahmadinejad is certainly the enemy of America
    Please explain how your warped thought process was able to conceive this statement as anything but what it is? You mindless freaks never cease to amaze me with your idiocy and how willing you are to show how truly daft you are. Good job, gazza. :D

-edit-
    Knowing how inane you are Gazza, I thought I better help you with some comprehension skills. In frannie's post titled "HANGED FROM A CRANE AGED 16", it is the girl who is 16, not the crane. I just wanted to make that clear before you demonstrated your laughable simple-mindedness yet again.
    Last edited by UserName; 08-10-2006 at 10:36 PM.

This shows all too clearly that you aren't willing to see what is right in front of you. Wallace was impressed with the man, not his past actions.
    So what do find so impressive and interesting about a nut job who believes allah has assigned him to be bring about armegeddon , hangs sixteen year old girls for misbehaving, and is threatening to wipe Israel of the face of the earth shane ?

Of Ahmadinejad, Wallace said, "He's an impressive fellow, this guy. He really is. He's obviously smart as hell."

Wallace said he was surprised to find that the Iranian president was still a college professor who taught a graduate-level course.

"You'll find him an interesting man," he said. "I expected more of a firebrand. I don't think he has the slightest doubt about how he feels ... about the American administration and the Zionist state. He comes across as more rational than I had expected."
    I found the posted article to be self-explanatory. Ahmadinejad did not fall into Wallace's pre-conceived perception of him. As a result, Mr. Wallace was impressed with Ahmadinejad's personal behavior and demeanor. IMO the article and Mr. Wallace's comments mean nothing more than that and were not meant to be interpreted otherwise.
    In other words... it is a mistake to pre-judge a potential rival as a raving fanatic or a medieval 'throw-back'. Underestimation is an all too common mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    So what do find so impressive and interesting about a nut job who believes allah has assigned him to be bring about armegeddon , hangs sixteen year old girls for misbehaving, and is threatening to wipe Israel of the face of the earth shane ?
    I find impressive the attributes which aren't related to hanging 16 year old girls and threatening to wipe Isreal of(f) the face of the Earth. I didn't have the priveledge of interviewing the man, so its ahrd for me to comment on exactly what is impressive about him. The fact that he is a professor who still actively teaches is impressive.

As associated above by another poster. hitler was a very very impressive man. ****, germany was poverty stricken after the first world war, they had NOTHING. And he took them from nothing to a world power able to wage war on the rest of the world. How impressive is that!?? But sure, he did try to commit genocide and was generally a rather evil person as well. And that is less cool.

LOL, I don't really expect you to understand that. Clearly grey is not a colour you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza.
    BTW hitler did'nt try to commit genocide, he excelled in it!
    Nah, no race actually died out, so he failed.

To paraphrase Bill Hicks (Another dead hero) "Hitler was an under-achiever! he should have killed everyone. Please god! Rain for 40 days and 40 nights. the experiment didn't work, start over!"

it sounds better when hicks says it. thats why he's the legandary comedian, and I'm just some schmuck who worships dead guys.