+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You know anybody who needs an "anti-stupidity pill"?

A German scientist has been testing an "anti-stupidity" pill with encouraging results on mice and fruit flies, Bild newspaper reported Saturday.

It said Hans-Hilger Ropers, director at Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin, has tested a pill thwarting hyperactivity in certain brain
    nerve cells, helping stabilize short-term memory and improve attentiveness.

"With mice and fruit flies we were able to eliminate the loss of short-term memory," Ropers, 62, is quoted saying in the German newspaper, which has dubbed
    it the "world's first anti-stupidity pill."

Re: You know anybody who needs an "anti-stupidity pill"?

while this could prove an astounding achievement i think it falls into the class of products known as the needed but never subscribed to PUBLICALLY due to the FEAR of the KNOWLEDGE of same!?or to put it another way........no 1 will ADMIT it to ANYONE ELSE for FEAR of...........the......HEHE!!dreaded by all.......hehe!!just askin.....

Mice are nothing compared to the human body. To make a comparison is totally futile. Too bad, because we already know who needs to be anti-stupid. The Bilderberg organization and all the evils scums who work for them. The mice tests are too inferior to be on the same equivalency as humans. It is a waste so money and scientist know this, but they are getting paid so they don't care how much of your tax money is wasted. Another tricky game by the USA government. Get real.

I should mention that wiz, paulM, cwood, and any other lame stupid person who believes in bush gov and israel gov and puts trust in them. they need the anti-stupid pill but then again they would have to magically change into mice, wait, they are mice, they are waiting to take their growth hormone pills to gradually grow into RATS.

Well, I've had my laugh for the day...

Back to better things...

Subjunk, just based on what you posted, do you think this might be something of future value to parents of children with ADD?

Subjunk... After reviewing my post I realized I may not have clearly written my question. It would be better phrased "After reading your post..." rather than for former. Sorry.
    Do you think this possible treatment might help children with ADD?

Ette and galaxy need a biggest doze allowed. And that may be not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ette
    Mice are nothing compared to the human body. To make a comparison is totally futile. Too bad, because we already know who needs to be anti-stupid. The Bilderberg organization and all the evils scums who work for them. The mice tests are too inferior to be on the same equivalency as humans. It is a waste so money and scientist know this, but they are getting paid so they don't care how much of your tax money is wasted. Another tricky game by the USA government. Get real.
    Ette, this has nothing to do with the US government, this research is taking place in Berlin, Germany, like it says in the first post :)
    Please try to keep on topic, this isn't the political forum or the conspiracy theory forum, though we do have those and you're welcome to post in them.

The brains of mice are similar enough to the human brain to make relevant comparisons in some ways.
    Our brains are bigger and have more parts but we still rely heavily on the parts of the brain we share with mice.
    http://www.informatics.jax.org/cookbook/images/88.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    Subjunk, just based on what you posted, do you think this might be something of future value to parents of children with ADD?
    Absolutely, it says here they've eliminated the loss of short-term memory, and eliminated is a very strong word for a scientist to use, and it's in fact the reason I posted it.
    It could be of particular value to children with ADD, it would also be of great value to everyone, I think, assuming the tests are carried through and it's shown to be safe. I think everyone could use a better short-term memory, I think mine is great but I would love it to be better.
    I'll try to look up more on this research and post it here.

After reading your initial post I thought so. That would come as fantastic news to parents of kids with ADD! My wife used to work with ADD/BD kids at the elementary school level (she works with an autistic boy now... helping him through school). It's something she cares a great deal about.
    Thanks for the info! Maybe it won't be too long before being cleared for the kids.
    Any additional info would be most welcome.

After reading your initial post I thought so. That would come as fantastic news to parents of kids with ADD! My wife used to work with ADD/BD kids at the elementary school level (she works with an autistic boy now... helping him through school). It's something she cares a great deal about.
    Thanks for the info! Maybe it won't be too long before being cleared for the kids.
    Any additional info would be most welcome.
    Well he's definitely the real deal, he's contributed to a number of papers as you can see here http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Hans-Hilger+Ropers

The pill works on nerve cells by "regulating and enhancing short-term memory and also improving attentiveness."

"The “anti-stupidity” pill had a beneficial effect on subjects' brain because it counteracted hyperactivity in specific neurons. By thwarting hyperactivity of some brain cells, the pill was really efficient on “upgrading” short-term memory and also focusing and concentration."

"by improving the activity of memory cells and also the concentration skills, the pill could really have “magic powers” against degenerative neurological diseases that gradually damage humans' cognitive function. "

Found this on freemarketnews.com too, which suggests upcoming tests on humans:

"Could you improve your memory with a pill? An article at All Headline News reports that German scientist Hans-Hilger Ropers, director at Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin, is now testing a pill previously shown effective in mice and fruit flies, to see if it might have some positive effects on improving short-term memory and attentiveness in humans, by preventing hyperactivity in certain brain cells.

It cites the German newspaper Bild as its source, noting that Ropers is hoping to duplicate his success in the other species, where they were able to “eliminate the loss of short-term memory,""

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Subjunk... After reviewing my post I realized I may not have clearly written my question. It would be better phrased "After reading your post..." rather than for former. Sorry.
    Do you think this possible treatment might help children with ADD?
    ADD children are not stupid. There has never been any evidence saying that they were.

ADD is not a disease, it's just a way to legally drug children.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    ADD children are not stupid. There has never been any evidence saying that they were.

Lady Mod
    I'm not sure I understand just what you're getting at in your post... The "anti-stupidity" label was just what the press dubbed the research. I know that label has nothing to do with actually decsribing children with ADD.
    I was curious about it since my wife used to work in school with kids with ADD. They were never medicated... they just needed additional help. The kids who were, usually, medicated were the BD kids (Behavior Disorder).
    This research appears to be a breakthrough in that it targets the specific areas of the brain... acting to stimulate and improve short-term memory and attention span.
    Any kind of release to the general public is a very long way out... if it even happens. At this time it just looks promising for ADD help.

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Lady Mod
    I agree with you that it's often misdiagnosed, I'd even go so far as to say that most children diagnosed with it don't actually have it, just short attention spans, but I also believe some do have it. Anyway regardless of whether they actually do have ADD or just short memories or attention spans this drug will help them the same, if it works and is released.

Me. I am also in need of a bridge. I have money and you know what they say about fools and their money... :o

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Ette, this has nothing to do with the US government, this research is taking place in Berlin, Germany, like it says in the first post :)
    Please try to keep on topic, this isn't the political forum or the conspiracy theory forum, though we do have those and you're welcome to post in them.

The brains of mice are similar enough to the human brain to make relevant comparisons in some ways.
    Our brains are bigger and have more parts but we still rely heavily on the parts of the brain we share with mice.
    http://www.informatics.jax.org/cookbook/images/88.jpg

HEY!!I like CHEESE(ALOT)......does THAT COUNT!?hehe!!just askin.........