+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help ASAP, in midst of freebie!

I am in the middle of a OnlineGiftRewards.com Free AlienWare Labtop, but I have never done one of these, and i am backed into a corner. I'm about $40 into it, and then I get stuck with a 9/13 option, and 3 are Credit Cards, all Discover, so i can only do 1, so down to 8/10. 2 both require a $100+ payment, So, before I leap...what is the possibility of not getting the labtop, and what all do I need to do to recieve it after filling out all this junk?

Re: Help ASAP, in midst of freebie!

hey, i'm fairly new at this my self so i'm not sure how much this i will help. i'm guessing the two offers you're looking at are longevity and orexis? or similar? if they are you should be able to do them and send back the product for a rebate (-shipping and maybe a restocking fee). these products are both made my urban nutrition which is actually located fairly near where i live. I called their 800 number to say i was mailing back stuff and they said that it was fine and as soon as they got it back they would credit me. i'm mailing the stuff first thing in the morning. so after a about $130 up front i should be getting back a good chunk of that (about 120) although i have to pay a few dollars for shipping.

as for when will you get the laptop (or will you), the program requirements say:
    10. How will I know when I have qualified for my free gift?

A message saying “You have qualified for your free gift” will be posted on your Gift Status Page, along with a Gift Redemption Voucher to print and complete. You must mail your Gift Redemption Voucher to the address listed on the voucher, or the footer of this site, within 90 days of posting. Keep a copy of your completed Gift Redemption Voucher for your records.
    just read through those they tend to answer most questions :)
    best of luck, i hope i answered your questions.
    if you want i'll give you more info in the next few days about how my credit from urban nutrition goes.
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)

If you found my advice useful, why not make a donation? PM me for my email address for paypal. Anything helps get me through college!

Well, Here's the thing. I don't know if I wanna go thru with this, don't wanna be scammed, but starting college...I NEED a computer. I am so tempted, it will help so so much, it's just the fact of...will it work?

What if the site get X'd before I fill all these out, etc etc.

What all needs to happen? I Apply'd for 1 Credit Card, what if I'm declined? does it still count towards the reward? If I send back my products for refunds, does it still count? etc.

here is where I am:

Discover® Student Card (Done)

Discover® Platinum Clear Card (Can't)

Discover® Gas Card (Can't)

South Beach Diet Online (Done)

Longevity - HGH Formula

Male Sexual Enhancement - Orexis

Jillian Michaels Weight Loss

Homes on sale from $10,000 - Free Search (bargain.com)

Computer Learning Courses - FREE from Video Professor

5 DVDs for 49 cents (+ S&P) (Columbia House)

Internet Access for $5.47 per Month (People PC)

MiracleBurn Weight Loss Package - FREE Trial
    Last edited by Sickness; 08-09-2006 at 08:56 AM.

I understand your situation very much! I am returning for my 2nd year in a few weeks. I did a pda offer and a 2k gc.

ok down to buisness.
    What all needs to happen? I Apply'd for 1 Credit Card, what if I'm declined? does it still count towards the reward? If I send back my products for refunds, does it still count? etc.
    if you apply for a credit card and get decliened you are out of luck. becareful w/ this as it can hurt your credit score. you'll get credit for the offer soon after you make a purchase and the purchase clears onto the card (can be small, just has to happen)

99.9% of the offers i've seen let you send back the product and still get credit. sometimes you have to send back if you want to cancel. if you read the info on the sites they will refund most or all of your money if you return the product (usually for >$10 products)

you can do this. i'm not sure if all of the offers will credit imediately though. you'll have to manualy credit the offers. (call up, they email you a form, you print it and fax/mail it back with proof(confirmation emails, etc) of the offers that didn't credit online)

longevity and orexis will cost 100+ up front but w/ rebates that will come down a lot! i think miracle burn is through the same company, and cost about $45 before rebates.

south beach is very similar to jillian micheals both cost $20 after rebates (which work, make sure to ask for them though)

people pc works fine, they will give you software (can download) and once you install and connect to the internet w/ it you will get credit. you dont have to dial in, just use w/e you have its easy.

video professor works, i'm waiting on the tapes to send back so i can officialy cancel but so far so good

bargan.com isn't bad, just take patience. it is a 7 day free trial but you dont get credit till the 8th day. (trust me or the many others who have asked on this forum) so you will pay the 9.95 or w/e it is (it isn't bad though)

collumbia house will cost a lot of money. it isn't much up front but you are agreeing to buy a bunch of dvd's over the next year. it is about 100-130 i think last time i worked it out. (rought numbers sorry) i'd try not to do this unless you dont get approved with the credit card.

also if you didn't get approved imediatly, you have a good shot of getting the card.

so i'd still say go for it just make sure to read and document everything!!!! i cant say how much this is key, save emails, everything. if you dont get credit, after 30days (different times for different sites, all Nuitech sites are 30.) you will need this stuff to get credit. also if you need the computer sooner you wont get it. if you finished everything tomorrow you could manually credit it early sept. and then a few days of sending forms, and then shipping for the product, if it shipped right away...

hope this helps, i'd keep working on it. good luck!
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)

If you found my advice useful, why not make a donation? PM me for my email address for paypal. Anything helps get me through college!

So, I need to keep this window open to finish? I'm worried that my net my lag out, comp freeze, power outage, etc...

As to the Credit Card, I have NO credit scores, all I have is a signature loan in progress of being paid off. The bad thing, I don't have all this money for up front right now, I really don't know what to do.

you dont need to keep the window open, check the bottom of the page, there should be a link to check your status. if you click on that it should show you the status of everything and let you get back to the offers pages.

if you time the offers right you might be able to not front all of the money all at once. it might take longer but should be just fine in the long run.

btw, i hope you figured this out, use the same email address for everything. thats how the stuff is tracked to you usually.
    anyway, i've got to get some sleep. (its 2:30 here)
    dont worry about closeing the website you can go back there
    OnlineGiftRewards.com
    and click on check offer status, put in your email, and see the offer, etc.
    if you need a computer and this is your only option, go for it. if you'd rather have something older, but need it right at the start, stop the offers and just get the computer. dont assume this will be fast.

anyway, good luck!
    recieved--
    nt Dell PDA
    nt $2000

completed--
    br $1000 (waiting)

Thanx a TON for all this. Seriously. I can use my home Desktop for a few weeks into school. I just really want to get this all settled. I have scholarships that I can get a computer with, up to $900 ish, but I saw this, and figured...Alienware > anything my work sells (BestBuy) And at $200 Total, if that. Anyway, thanx again, Anyone with anymore help, please AIM me ASAP.

AIM = First to Suffer

keep in mind that by returning merchandise from offers like Urban Nutrition, etc., you run the risk of being blacklisted by these companies and never being able to use their offers towards other gifts in the future. these gift sites are set up to create a bridge between consumers with disposable incomes and retail businesses. don't be surprised if you get cut off by one of the offer companies in the future.
    Gifts Received
    NT - 20" iMac :D
    NT - MacBook Pro :D

So do you recomend actually paying out the $300 or more and just keeping the product?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness
    So do you recomend actually paying out the $300 or more and just keeping the product?
    You could eBay the product.

i do. if you want to be able to complete offers in the future, yes. if you want to insure the future of the free gift industry, yes. how much is the item you're working towards getting actually worth? i'm a few weeks away from receiving my 20" iMac and i've spent over $300. the iMac is worth more than $1,700. i'm coming out way ahead.

and as mentioned above, you can always eBay what you don't want to keep. you may not recover all you spent for the item, but you will get some back.
    Gifts Received

Quote Originally Posted by MAC-USER2006
    i do. if you want to be able to complete offers in the future, yes. if you want to insure the future of the free gift industry, yes. how much is the item you're working towards getting actually worth? i'm a few weeks away from receiving my 20" iMac and i've spent over $300. the iMac is worth more than $1,700. i'm coming out way ahead.

and as mentioned above, you can always eBay what you don't want to keep. you may not recover all you spent for the item, but you will get some back.

Hey mac, I mailed my voucher in on the 4th too. Let me know when you get yours.
    801-316-0555

It's an Alienware laptop, all it says. Approx. value? I dunno because they range in price by model, how can I find that out? And I think you're right, but I just gotta come up with that kind of money, and how long do i have to complete all 15? Will the ones I've done cancel out if I don't finish by a date?

It's an Alienware laptop, all it says. Approx. value? I dunno because they range in price by model, how can I find that out? And I think you're right, but I just gotta come up with that kind of money, and how long do i have to complete all 15? Will the ones I've done cancel out if I don't finish by a date?
    check the site's "terms and conditions" and see what the offer's time limit is. the site should give a model # for the laptop. if not you can always call them to see what model it is. it's your money. you should know what you're getting.
    Gifts Received

they usually dont cancel that i know of but you can get manula credit after 30 days so time shouldnt be a problem, just price the lowest price alien ware, i think 1400 and hope for better.
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma
    CRZ - $500 Gift Card 6/6 ?????
    Kewlkash.com - $100 payout

Quote Originally Posted by gpel
    Hey mac, I mailed my voucher in on the 4th too. Let me know when you get yours.
    believe me. the whole world will know when i get mine.
    ;)
    Gifts Received