+ Reply to Thread

Hugo Was Horrible

This movie has gotten so much hype so many blahblahblah nominations and I can honestly tell you it was a deep fried piece of dogcrap from the first 5 minutes to 40 minutes where I want to throw the DVD out the window.

Why does every movie have to have British accents? So retarded. Seriously.

Hugo redifines boring. Terrible. Kids will not sit through this. Gay guys over 40 maybe.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-18-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Re: Hugo Was Horrible

oh yeah, i saw that 1 too, thought it was way over rated!? : : :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Probably overrated but worth a watch. Not a movie for kids, though. They'd find it long and boring. And they probably should have had French accents as it was set in Paris and not London.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    This movie has gotten so much hype so many blahblahblah nominations and I can honestly tell you it was a deep fried piece of dogcrap from the first 5 minutes to 40 minutes where I want to throw the DVD out the window.

Why does every movie have to have British accents? So retarded. Seriously.

Hugo redifines boring. Terrible. Kids will not sit through this. Gay guys over 40 maybe.

So the inference is that maybe one is gay if they like it.

JUST FOR THE RECORD -
    ...... I didn't see it.

I loved this movie and I thought everything from the acting to the Animation(The dog was animated) was amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post
    I loved this movie and I thought everything from the acting to the Animation(The dog was animated) was amazing!
    i may watch it again to see if it will hold my interest!? there's always some HIDDEN secret MESSAGE in every movie!? just for YOU!? got that from the MATRIX which is another 1 i'm due to re watch!? :chicken: : :rryumy: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    i may watch it again to see if it will hold my interest!? there's always some HIDDEN secret MESSAGE in every movie!? just for YOU!? got that from the MATRIX which is another 1 i'm due to re watch!? :chicken: : :rryumy: :
    lol, just don't watch the sequels

The movie is for lifelong fans of the movies, as Scorsese is.

It is a gorgeous, heartfelt paean to the history of film and the filmmakers that came before. It is a plea to future generations for the preservation of art.

The dog was CGI? Amazing.

Last edited by pwrone; 04-26-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    The movie is for lifelong fans of the movies, as Scorsese is.

It is a gorgeous, heartfelt paean to the history of film and the filmmakers that came before. It is a plea to future generations for the preservation of art.

The dog was CGI? Amazing.

Well, I just read that was a rumor because of the expressions the dog made. Apparently it was all real...even more amazing!

best movie 2011

I really enjoyed Hugo. It took a while to develop the story but the cinematography was stunning and the story evolved like you were reading a book.

It was a bit PBS like....(public television....) bit of a more intellectual movie. It was definitely not an action film...so if that is your thing you WILL be bored with this.

But overall it was a great effort by Martin Scorcesi (sp?) to do something different and less violent than most of his other movies. He did say his daughter inspired him to create this movie. Especially because she cant watch any of his other movies because of all the violence, swearing, etc in them.

Also the story he told about the old film maker is actually a true story. So that was poignant in itself as well.
    Easy Home Biz - be a referral agent. It's free to sign up. No fees ever. Just drop off brochures to local businesses. This is not sales. Easy! Check it out HERE
    Use Agent ID# 20986 to register for free.
    I also know the BEST long-term sustainable matrix program available today - fully legally compliant- you will be amazed at the money you will make with this. This is WORKING! 3+ year old company. I will personally help train you and guide you to success with this.
    Check It Out HERE

sounds like some people commenting have never tasted deep fried dog crap, they've led too protected a life!? i still have not re watched it, not sure where i put it, i'm too disorganized!? : :crazy1: :spin2:

Really?! I've read nothing but rave reviews for this film and am interested in seeing it. Being a fan of Martin Scorsese's films since Raging Bull, this negative review isn't going to deter me from wanting to watch Hugo.

It's rather overrated and disappointing considering Martin Scorsese's previous success, and I am a rather big fan of him, but he doesn't appear to still have it these days...