+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

The Loss Rate For MLMer's?

From Wikipedia:

MLM's are also criticized for being unable to fulfill their promises for the majority of participants due to basic conflicts with Western cultural norms.[44] There are even claims that the success rate for breaking even or even making money are far worse than other types of businesses:[45][46][47]

"The vast majority of MLM’s are recruiting MLM’s, in which participants must recruit aggressively to profit. Based on available data from the companies themselves, the loss rate for recruiting MLM’s is approximately 99.9%; i.e., 99.9% of participants lose money after subtracting all expenses, including purchases from the company."[45] In part, this is because encouraging recruits to further "recruit people to compete with [them]"[10] leads to "market saturation."[12]

Another criticism is that MLM has effectively outlived its usefulness as a legitimate business practice. The argument is that, in the time when America was a series of relatively small, isolated towns and rural areas not easily accessible to small companies, MLM was a useful way to let people know of and buy products or services. But the advent of internet commerce, with its ability to advertise and sell directly to consumers, has rendered that model obsolete. Thus, today, nearly all modern MLMs ostensibly sell vastly overpriced goods and services (if there even is a real product or service involved at all) as a thin cloak of legitimacy, while their members are driven to recruit even more people into the MLM, effectively turning these programs into pyramid schemes.[32]

Re: The Loss Rate For MLMer's?

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    From Wikipedia:

MLM's are also criticized for being unable to fulfill their promises for the majority of participants due to basic conflicts with Western cultural norms.[44] There are even claims that the success rate for breaking even or even making money are far worse than other types of businesses:[45][46][47]

"The vast majority of MLM’s are recruiting MLM’s, in which participants must recruit aggressively to profit. Based on available data from the companies themselves, the loss rate for recruiting MLM’s is approximately 99.9%; i.e., 99.9% of participants lose money after subtracting all expenses, including purchases from the company."[45] In part, this is because encouraging recruits to further "recruit people to compete with [them]"[10] leads to "market saturation."[12]

Another criticism is that MLM has effectively outlived its usefulness as a legitimate business practice. The argument is that, in the time when America was a series of relatively small, isolated towns and rural areas not easily accessible to small companies, MLM was a useful way to let people know of and buy products or services. But the advent of internet commerce, with its ability to advertise and sell directly to consumers, has rendered that model obsolete. Thus, today, nearly all modern MLMs ostensibly sell vastly overpriced goods and services (if there even is a real product or service involved at all) as a thin cloak of legitimacy, while their members are driven to recruit even more people into the MLM, effectively turning these programs into pyramid schemes.[32]

''Recruiting MLM''???
    Can you give us an example of a ''non-recruiting MLM''?
    Thanks.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    ''Recruiting MLM''???
    Can you give us an example of a ''non-recruiting MLM''?
    Thanks.
    Why don't you click on the link to sources?

Why don't you click on the link to sources?
    I did, they take to the scam.com menu page. You're an idiot, you can't even cut and paste properly.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

I did, they take to the scam.com menu page. You're an idiot, you can't even cut and paste properly.
    You're a compulsive liar. You can't even be honest for a few minutes.

You're a compulsive liar. You can't even be honest for a few minutes.
    Then click on the link yourself, they all go to scam.com menu.

Here's one of your links joe
    http://www.scam.com/#cite_note-43

Then click on the link yourself, they all go to scam.com menu.
    Hello? McFly?

Go to the wikipedia site.

Hello? McFly?

You might want to actually link to the site you are telling people to go to. Just sayin'
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Hello? McFly?

Then how about doing it properly in the first place and putting a link to Wikipedia, instead of leaving all those links in the body of the text, all of which go to scam.com's menu?

I'll ask again, give us an example of a ''non-recruiting MLM''. Just one will do.

You can be successful in any good MLM without recruiting
    How many people in MLM earn a full time income without recruiting any sort of downline... only customers?
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    How many people in MLM earn a full time income without recruiting any sort of downline... only customers?
    I know quite a few here in the UK, but apart from that, ''successful'' doesn't necessarily mean ''a full time income.''

Where's Joe the Clown, he's gone all quiet, lol?

I know quite a few here in the UK, but apart from that, ''successful'' doesn't necessarily mean ''a full time income.''
    Here we go again.

yeah, only for an estimated 90% of the people is it full time.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
    yeah, only for an estimated 90% of the people is it full time.
    People have different reasons and goals for joining a MLM. I signed up someone this week who's only goal is to earn enough to pay their mortgage (a couple of hundred pounds a month). They are happy in their job and dont wish to give it up and go full time in MLM. They will be successful if they reach that goal.
    I dont deal in ''estimated percentages'', I deal in real life.