+ Reply to Thread

Paranormal Activity Movies Sucked

Give me a break. Blair Witch Clone Project version 2.0. Film school crap. Horrible, unbearable. Got a headache watching for crap to movie, neck was sore trying to see stuff. Movies nowadays are pure garbage. These pieces of dookie are at the top.

Re: Paranormal Activity Movies Sucked

You're right, the Paranormal Activity movies DO owe a huge debt to Blair Witch. However, they also bring some new things to the table, and they are revolutionary in terms of as far as Found Footage films are concerned. Also, are you telling me you didn't get freaked out by any of those movies? Not even ONCE?

They gave me shivers. Altho I do still prefer straight-up narrative horror movies like Sinister and Insidious. The camera-work is less jumpy!

YOPJ

First was fine, if not average, for the amateur cam horror genre, and then sequels started popping up, each worse from the previous. It kind of makes you wonder what might be the next big thing in successful sequel-craze horror franchise.

These movies DO suck! I agree completely, I HATED the camera work, not to mention the films are boring as molasses! :errr: I would rather watch paint dry! I would recommend anyone not to watch these films. They suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Give me a break. Blair Witch Clone Project version 2.0. Film school crap. Horrible, unbearable. Got a headache watching for crap to movie, neck was sore trying to see stuff. Movies nowadays are pure garbage. These pieces of dookie are at the top.
    They really weren't scary.. at all. I thought they were really poorly done and cheesy. I could predict every "scare"
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Insidious was more scary than Paranormal Activity, it's like it's all scripted and shit and I don't think it's not a real life story.

I have downloaded Paranormal Activity 1, and I still have not watched the film further because the first few scenes would bore me until I am completely bored and I click the "X" icon in Windows Media Player. At least The Blair Witch Project was more entertaining than the Paranormal Encounter movie that I partially watched. I wonder why it has a sequel. Sequels only happen when a movie is GOOD. I guess a lot of other people found that movie entertaining.

The first one was tolerable, if not predictable. The second one was completely unnecessary, and an obvious cash grab from the studios. I only skimmed through the third one and hated it with all the witchcraft shit, and didn't even bother with the other sequels once I saw it was going in that direction.

Not to mention they got their "footage" effects all wrong. Nobody had widescreen camcorders back in the late 80's. It didn't even remotely look like it was shot on VHS tapes at all.

They made this same error in "V/H/S". If you're going to make a freaking movie about found VHS tapes called *VHS* for christ's sake, then why does all the footage look like it was shot on digital cameras? Even one of the story lines, centered around a ghost that could only be scene in the *digital artifacts* that showed up in the footage. VHS is analog you idiots!

The thing I hate with these type of movies, if you are in the office talking in the kitchen or around the 'water cooler' there's always some smug nerd that verbally tries to slay you because you aren't an artistic douchebag like him. Like I only have the mental capacity for movies for the masses. I end up hating these guys because they are just as guilty falling for this crap as the masses acting like sheep over the next Jennifer Anniston Romcom.

I got a headache staring at the screen waiting for something to happen then my peripheral vision would play tricks with me thinking something moved. It was like a film school student made the movie.
    "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

"Paranormal Activity" was made for 15,000 bucks and proves you don't need name actors or a budget to make a good quality horror movie. This relies on doors moving and sounds other than blood and violence to get scares. The story is very simple and very effective. Micah(real name) uses camera to capture the paranormal activity that is going on in his house and to his girlfriend Katie. He films them sleeping, which trust me, after watching this will have you curious what goes on when you sleep. It uses the found footage gimmick better than a lot of movies have. Not the scariest movie ever, but good for a late night watch at home with all the lights off. Number 4 is coming out next week, so now is a good time to get caught up. The sequels aren't nearly as effective, but this first movie stands good on it's own.

I enjoyed the first two. The rest weren't worth my time. They really lost me with this last one. "The Marked Ones" I think it was called. It was insanely stupid. I'm not even entirely sure why they decided to make it. Not to mention that the film was released in early January. Which is when virtually nobody goes to the movies.