+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

people do not burn in a hell

that is a lie perpetutated by false teachers of the Bible. If you think about this, how could a DEAD PERSON burn in a fire and be tormented forever, it makes no sense whatsoever. The Bible does not teach this concept. So why do so many religious teachers teach this LIE. It is not in harmony with God's teachings in the Bible. So all you people who were afraid that when the die they would go to a hellfire. No need to worry, you dont go to burn in a hellfire. The dead are unconscous. Let's open up our Bible to the Old testament and read outloud to yourself so you have read this at Eccl. 9:5 and 10. There are other scriptures in the Bib too.At this scripture it tells you the soul itself is dead. The soul does not wonder off from the body Ezek.18:4 Matthew 26:36,38 Axts 3:23 Hell is just the "common grave", even when Jesus died he went to HELL. And Jesus had no sins as Jesus was perfect. Hell is just the grave. It is devasting to people thinking that they have to pray to God so their loved ones are not tormented in hell. How sick the churches teach this doctrine that is not found in the Bible. They have to pay these preachers $$$$$$$$. What a lie! what a joke! When no one goes to any burning torture hell hole. Makes you so angry they lie to you like that, what slimes.

Re: people do not burn in a hell

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    that is a lie perpetutated by false teachers of the Bible. If you think about this, how could a DEAD PERSON burn in a fire and be tormented forever, it makes no sense whatsoever. The Bible does not teach this concept. So why do so many religious teachers teach this LIE. It is not in harmony with God's teachings in the Bible. So all you people who were afraid that when the die they would go to a hellfire. No need to worry, you dont go to burn in a hellfire. The dead are unconscous. Let's open up our Bible to the Old testament and read outloud to yourself so you have read this at Eccl. 9:5 and 10. There are other scriptures in the Bib too.At this scripture it tells you the soul itself is dead. The soul does not wonder off from the body Ezek.18:4 Matthew 26:36,38 Axts 3:23 Hell is just the "common grave", even when Jesus died he went to HELL. And Jesus had no sins as Jesus was perfect. Hell is just the grave. It is devasting to people thinking that they have to pray to God so their loved ones are not tormented in hell. How sick the churches teach this doctrine that is not found in the Bible. They have to pay these preachers $$$$$$$$. What a lie! what a joke! When no one goes to any burning torture hell hole. Makes you so angry they lie to you like that, what slimes.
    dude was that meant as a joke?

If it wasnt then i had to step in as i had something up my mind right now after reading that.

If thats its true, meaning hell is just a grave, then i think Bin laden will be a very very happy man or the very least a peaceful man. Wealth and luxury will never make one at peace but to be at peace within yourself will. Now you wont want that do you?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

well,let's then consider the question of burning in hell is RELATIVE!?(as a concept)not in the paternal sense(exclusively) but rather in the personal sense(dramatically!?)hehe!!and then we MIGHT consider the bio-electrical sense as FELT by the INDIVIDUAL as REALITY!?or to put it another way,the EFFECTS are realative to the EXPOSURE to the TRUE meaning of existance!?
    (but,nevr the less,seen in a GLASS darkly!?)now the reference to darkly may be an escape for the LUCKY!?but most likely precludes a FATE!?(for the unlucky!?)and few be THEY that find it!?(the difference!?)hehe!!but i say....MANY be they that find it!?(their own fate!?)and before their TIME(end) I EXPECT!?now this is at the same time the plague of modern man and IT's greatest HOPE!?SO..........the question is ALWAYS THIS,who will SENSE this amoung the HOPEFUL and SUCCESSFULL and AID the DYING and LOST!?(helpless!?),the IMAGINARY(by your ACCOUNT recipients of the END called H E L L!?)hehe!?..just askin......
    Last edited by lexx; 08-07-2006 at 11:18 AM.

I'm confused. Are we reading out of the same Bible?

Throughout the Old and New Testaments, hell was described as a place of fire and burning. This "bottomless pit" is a "great furnace" in "outer darkness" (Mat. 8:12; 22:13), covered with a "mist of blackness (or, darkness)" (2 Pet. 2:17; Jude 13). "There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Mat. 18:41, 42; Luke 13:28)

I don't agree with the practice of "frightening people into salvation," but your assertion that the soul of a person who is not saved simply evaporates upon death doesn't really hold much weight. Sorry.

The ones who burn in hell are not physical bodies. They are eternal lost souls, and yes, the bible clearly teaches and everlasting torment in a fire. It says it is a place where the fires are not quenched and the worm dieth not. That is no place I want to risk going. I can show you the scriptures if you would like to read them. This side of eternity is the place to learn the truth and decide whom you will follow.

Who are you trying to convince, Galaxy? If you are a good person "hellfire" would not be a concern to you. There is a hell. Whether it's fire may be debatable - but what difference would that make. Perhaps "fire" is just the best comparison. If a preacher's sermon causes you such grief you are not at peace. Preachers, priests, deacons, rabbis, evangalists and the like, are just people. If you don't believe in hell, just go on your merry way doing whatever you want - after all, there is no hell. You get off scott-free. Do you feel the same way about heaven? No heaven, no hell - now that would be a rip-off (as my kids would say). So no one goes anywhere? Or does everyone go to heaven? I think not - but I'm perfectly willing to take the chance. Are you?

perfectly willing.......now ther's a COMMITment that needs LOT'S of explanin.....either by plain talk or by EXAMPLE!?hehe!!for i would rather SEE a sermon ANYDAY then listen to 1!?and that's the POINT!?hehe!!just askin...

Quote Originally Posted by Okiedokie
    The ones who burn in hell are not physical bodies. They are eternal lost souls, and yes, the bible clearly teaches and everlasting torment in a fire. It says it is a place where the fires are not quenched and the worm dieth not. That is no place I want to risk going. I can show you the scriptures if you would like to read them. This side of eternity is the place to learn the truth and decide whom you will follow.
    i think your almost as smart as i am!?hehe!!you know scripture better than me!?but it says....study to show THYSELF approved.and something about each man not everyman.is there a FINE line there!?and few be THEY who CROSS it!?hehe!!just askin...

TheWorker Guest

why are we "taught" that people and animals were created in the same week that water and light were created???

Damn galaxy, I almost thought for a second that you had learned something usefull from your noble studies. But, right on queue, you started pulling random sh!t from god knows where. The concept of hell is reletively new on the scene of religion, yet, contrary to short-sighted belief, the Christians did not invent the concept of hell, it was invented by a small pagan sect that was involved in ongoing wars with neighboring church-governments. Up until this point in the history of religion, every human went to the same place when they died, regardless of what they did during their tenure on Earth. These religious leaders needed a way to motivate their people to fight in whatever war they were in whole-heartedly, so they changed their views of the afterlife to include a place for cowards and traitors ruled by terrifying demons. Only the brave who were ready and willing to lay down their lives for the church were allowed passage to the afterlife their ancestors had for many generations taken for granted. Very few religions to emerge in the next millenium or so went so low as to take this example as a good way to keep their people dedicated and motivated...Until the Catholics of course. The early Catholics church began by pulling traits from other religions (stories, dates for holidays, etc.) and realised that they could spread their influence MUCH faster if they had fear on their side...the fear of going to hell if you did not follow the teachings of this new church. Why would the church have such a dire need for new members? Because each new member meant more money of course. Every member was required to pay a large percentage of their wages to the church, and whenever they confessed to sinning, the priest would not make them do a set amount of hail marys, but make them pay money to buy their way back to god's good graces so they may go to heaven when they die. Paying tithings was perfectly acceptable because superstition ran rampant in those days. Almost everyone KNEW there was an afterlife, and they didn't want to go to the wrong place. The start of Catholisism was only a clue to the horrors that would follow. I doubt anyone out there is interested in hearing the rest of this story, as most of you have probably been brainwashed your entire lives, I think it would be quite useless to start a thread on the subject. Email me and tell me if you think I should start a thread with the whole story of religion, or tell me I am full of ****, see how much I care.
    Last edited by DSMeTailer; 08-15-2006 at 11:18 PM.

The only hell people burned in was the hell created by Christians while they were burning their witches: The only purgatory was when the Christian Church attempted to purge the world of those same witches and others they imagined blasphemed their deity.

The soundness of Christian logic rates right up there among the logic of an alcoholic when justifying having another drink.

Best Ras
    http://www.gnosisquest.com/phpBB2/

Behind every excuse lies a failure and to justify a failure only compounds its magnitude!

Quote Originally Posted by DSMeTailer
    I doubt anyone out there is interested in hearing the rest of this story, as most of you have probably been brainwashed your entire lives, I think it would be quite useless to start a thread on the subject. Email me and tell me if you think I should start a thread with the whole story of religion, or tell me I am full of ****, see how much I care.
    Well, I for one would be interested in more. If you can't be bothered writing it out, perhaps just a link to the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnosisquest
    The only hell people burned in was the hell created by Christians while they were burning their witches: The only purgatory was when the Christian Church attempted to purge the world of those same witches and others they imagined blasphemed their deity.

The soundness of Christian logic rates right up there among the logic of an alcoholic when justifying having another drink.

Best Ras

Wow - the thoughts being mentioned here make me sad and
    concerned that the real truth is not being explained.
    The comment on Christians burning witches.. makes it look like
    we are generalizing that all Christians are nasty.
    If we turn the table - Nero ( a non Christain) used to use Christains
    as garden lights in his backyard. Burning them on a stake until they
    died... just as Hitler another non christain killed millions of innocent jews.

As for burning in Hell... yes indeed it will happen -- if you look
    up hell in a concordance of the Bible you will find most of the descriptions of hell was mostly made by Jesus. Hell is a separation from God and his almighty love and power. You think some conditions are hellish like now - wait until God pours out his wrath from heaven. Right now God controls the amount of evil that Satan and his demons deploy. ( the book of Job in the Bible clearly
    demonstrates this point)

I would encourage all of you reading this to be at some point in your lives be able to answer this question -- AM i going to Heaven with a bold and definite yes. :) God asks you to believe in his son Jesus as your Saviour - accept that with your heart and soul and someday you will join God in an eternal paradise.

Right now being a Christain doesn't make me perfect -but it does make me strive to be a better person. I am a work in progress but
    with God's love and strength I can accomplish many things.
    Please read the Bible before making assumptions - it may cost you
    the opportunity to ever have eternal happiness.

Blessings to you...

Quote Originally Posted by DSMeTailer
    Damn galaxy, I almost thought for a second that you had learned something usefull from your noble studies. But, right on queue, you started pulling random sh!t from god knows where. The concept of hell is reletively new on the scene of religion, yet, contrary to short-sighted belief, the Christians did not invent the concept of hell, it was invented by a small pagan sect that was involved in ongoing wars with neighboring church-governments. Up until this point in the history of religion, every human went to the same place when they died, regardless of what they did during their tenure on Earth. These religious leaders needed a way to motivate their people to fight in whatever war they were in whole-heartedly, so they changed their views of the afterlife to include a place for cowards and traitors ruled by terrifying demons. Only the brave who were ready and willing to lay down their lives for the church were allowed passage to the afterlife their ancestors had for many generations taken for granted. Very few religions to emerge in the next millenium or so went so low as to take this example as a good way to keep their people dedicated and motivated...Until the Catholics of course. The early Catholics church began by pulling traits from other religions (stories, dates for holidays, etc.) and realised that they could spread their influence MUCH faster if they had fear on their side...the fear of going to hell if you did not follow the teachings of this new church. Why would the church have such a dire need for new members? Because each new member meant more money of course. Every member was required to pay a large percentage of their wages to the church, and whenever they confessed to sinning, the priest would not make them do a set amount of hail marys, but make them pay money to buy their way back to god's good graces so they may go to heaven when they die. Paying tithings was perfectly acceptable because superstition ran rampant in those days. Almost everyone KNEW there was an afterlife, and they didn't want to go to the wrong place. The start of Catholisism was only a clue to the horrors that would follow. I doubt anyone out there is interested in hearing the rest of this story, as most of you have probably been brainwashed your entire lives, I think it would be quite useless to start a thread on the subject. Email me and tell me if you think I should start a thread with the whole story of religion, or tell me I am full of ****, see how much I care.
    I just wanted to comment on a few things 1- on your description of the Roman Catholic faith. Unfortunately that particular denomination has focused heavy on works to get to Heaven. It is only through the belief of Jesus as your saviour "gets" you into heaven. We all have sinned and without believing in Jesus HEll will be your destiny- like it or not. Please do not generalize that Roman Catholics reflect all
    Christain denominations.

2- Tithing money to the church is an important thing- but should never be enforced by the church. Churches need to be more like
    hospitals than courtrooms - whatever is on your heart to give should be your tithe. As you grow as a Christain your heart will
    grieve for many charities -not just the church. You can't buy your way into heaven.

blessings

Quote Originally Posted by bethelight
    Wow - the thoughts being mentioned here make me sad and
    concerned that the real truth is not being explained.
    The comment on Christians burning witches.. makes it look like
    we are generalizing that all Christians are nasty.
    If we turn the table - Nero ( a non Christain) used to use Christains
    as garden lights in his backyard. Burning them on a stake until they
    died... just as Hitler another non christain killed millions of innocent jews.

As for burning in Hell... yes indeed it will happen -- if you look
    up hell in a concordance of the Bible you will find most of the descriptions of hell was mostly made by Jesus. Hell is a separation from God and his almighty love and power. You think some conditions are hellish like now - wait until God pours out his wrath from heaven. Right now God controls the amount of evil that Satan and his demons deploy. ( the book of Job in the Bible clearly
    demonstrates this point)

I would encourage all of you reading this to be at some point in your lives be able to answer this question -- AM i going to Heaven with a bold and definite yes. :) God asks you to believe in his son Jesus as your Saviour - accept that with your heart and soul and someday you will join God in an eternal paradise.

Right now being a Christain doesn't make me perfect -but it does make me strive to be a better person. I am a work in progress but
    with God's love and strength I can accomplish many things.
    Please read the Bible before making assumptions - it may cost you
    the opportunity to ever have eternal happiness.

Blessings to you...
    Rev.20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the Lake of fire.

There is definitely a Hell, a place of eternal torment.
    Just like there is a Heaven, Eternity with our our savior Jesus Christ.

Enjoyed reading your post bethelight.

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Who are you trying to convince, Galaxy? If you are a good person "hellfire" would not be a concern to you. There is a hell. Whether it's fire may be debatable - but what difference would that make. Perhaps "fire" is just the best comparison. If a preacher's sermon causes you such grief you are not at peace. Preachers, priests, deacons, rabbis, evangalists and the like, are just people. If you don't believe in hell, just go on your merry way doing whatever you want - after all, there is no hell. You get off scott-free. Do you feel the same way about heaven? No heaven, no hell - now that would be a rip-off (as my kids would say). So no one goes anywhere? Or does everyone go to heaven? I think not - but I'm perfectly willing to take the chance. Are you?
    yes.

im sure that means in your mind "o hes a terrible person"..no it doesnt. it just means i dont have to do things out of fear rather than a genuine concern to live my life as a rsponsible and moral person. you are lying to yourself if you dont think fear is a powerful weapon of christianity