+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

I don't give an inch because God is the Lord of the Bible. I am amazed that you all think I should surrender to your bullying tactics.
    And as far as proof or evidence to the ascent, that is all your god of the bible is.....lord of the bible, and the bible only.

So, because I have no empirical proof for God, I resort to putting you on the defensive to provide a natural cause explanation for God. That you can't handle.
    Let me install some factual truth to your statement:

You have no empirical or even anecdotal evidence for the god described in the Christian bible simply because there is no such being, except in your imagination.

I don't know about others but I cannot imagine why someone would continually come on with the type of flailing, ineffective "assault" that you carry to these threads, only to have your arse fall off from the complete lack of merit of your premise, and then get it handed back to you by an hysterical crowd only to go through the whole scene again.

The bottom line is none of you can tolerate someone who believes in God. You should all get an award for relentlessly pursuing a believer.
    Oh, I think that we tolerate you, mainly because you're quite amusing, but a lot of us still wonder in awe-struck amazement at why someone would put themselves out in such a way as to create this type of facade that you've created in yourself, then to "rearrange" reality in order to adapt reality to your dreams....thats all I really understand in you.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 01-30-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    And as far as proof or evidence to the ascent, that is all your god of the bible is.....lord of the bible, and the bible only.

Let me install some factual truth to your statement:

You have no empirical or even anecdotal evidence for the god described in the Christian bible simply because there is no such being, except in your imagination.
    I'll respond, as you are reasonable civil. However, I am recovering from slipping on a chip that fell off my shoulder. Despite that disability I think I can handle a response.

I need to remind you that the Bible is not from my imagination, it is a real book of writings by humans that experienced God. God is not responsible for the ignorance of men. If you want to trash the Bible that is your right, but it is untrue to say it is an imaginary book, or that I believe in an imaginary book. What you are suggesting is those men were liars.

I don't know about others but I cannot imagine why someone would continually come on with the type of flailing, ineffective "assault" that you carry to these threads, only to have your arse fall off from the complete lack of merit of your premise, and then get it handed back to you by an hysterical crowd only to go through the whole scene again.
    From an atheist perspective, that makes perfect sense. However, I am not an atheist. I agree the scene keeps repeating itself. Atheism is a hard core religion and on this forum are the hardest of the hard core. So, there will never be rational discussion.

Oh, let me respond to your rebuttal. YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF YOUR GOD. Well, you know my reply to that. It is kind of like those two characters in a star trek episode who are locked in mortal combat in space for all eternity. Oh, wait, maybe that is where VP came from!

Oh, I think that we tolerate you, mainly because you're quite amusing, but a lot of us still wonder in awe-struck amazement at why someone would put themselves out in such a way as to create this type of facade that you've created in yourself, then to "rearrange" reality in order to adapt reality to your dreams....thats all I really understand in you.
    That seems to be an a somewhat honest statement. However, I object to that word "facade." Sorry, I didn't make it up, I am what I am after many years of serious thought, and from those dreams that all of you hate. You know if this were a police state, I would be in jail or permanently committed to a mental institution.

So much for all the repeats. Now, I have some serious decisions to make about my investments. I am puzzled about the direction of the market, it has been a nightmare. I plan to wait for the DOW to go up to about 13,000. then, I am getting out of equities and into fixed assets. We're planning another trip to Scotland, maybe this time we'll buy a home and live there. We love Scotland.

I agree, these exchanges just keep repeating. I do however think this posting on VP is important. It is however kind of a DUH, an easy conclusion for anyone who knows about virtual particles, fluctuations, etc. You, of course, have better knowledge than me about this area of science. I've just recently brought myself up to speed.

Wouldn't it change theories for cosmologist to know there is no space beyond the universe. Here is what I think, which is a bore for all you atheist, so just ignore the post.

The universe is a self contained pocket of matter and energy created by God. The main purpose for its creation was to imprison Satan, a rebellious angel who attacked the other angels. If there is anything around the universe it's heaven. I tend to think the universe is outside of heaven in a separate dimension of reality. The universe is not eternal and will someday self-destruct. Then, God will have disposed of his problem.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-30-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    We're planning another trip to Scotland, maybe this time we'll buy a home a live there. We love Scotland.
    Just in time for independence!
    http://www.scotreferendum.com/consultation/

Just remember: apart from the 2 or 3 days of good weather in summer, it's either pissing down with rain or it's absolutely baltic ;-)

I need to remind you that the Bible is not from my imagination, it is a real book of writings by humans that experienced God. God is not responsible for the ignorance of men. If you want to trash the Bible that is your right, but it is untrue to say it is an imaginary book, or that I believe in an imaginary book. What you are suggesting is those men were liars.
    Uhhh......."Harry Potter," "The Arabian Nights," and "Mother Goose" are all real books, too.

I really don't understand how any thinking individual could believe in the god spoken of in this book, that was written by men who were supposedly inspired by the god it speaks to us of.

It is somewhat believable until the supernatural "pipe dream stories" are related in it's pages.
    This collection of "fairy tales" sprinkled throughout the bible then causes the book's premise of this god to disintegrate.

And this is what you base your god beliefs on?

I'm sorry....it is strictly conjecture...nothing else!

And you ask me why I attack christian folks beliefs when they tell me that the bible has proof of god in it?

I object to that word "facade." Sorry, I didn't make it up, I am what I am after many years of serious thought, and from those dreams that all of you hate.
    The action of taking reality out of context and "inventing" a god to take the place of that which you, or science hasn't explained yet, isn't creating a false belief system, or a "facade" of untestable belief?

I think that your custom-built facade demonstrates the definition of conjecture.

This is what some others on here have called the "god of the gaps," nothing more, nothing less. A dream is just a dream, Cnance....nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing "spiritual" about a dream, or a book......period!

The universe is a self contained pocket of matter created by God.
    As long as this "god" is the sum total of the Forces and events that were at work at First Cause, you're correct!
    But you forgot to add in the E-nergies of the universe to the mix of matter and "unknowns."
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Uhhh......."Harry Potter," "The Arabian Nights," and "Mother Goose" are all real books, too.

I really don't understand how any thinking individual could believe in the god spoken of in this book, that was written by men who were supposedly inspired by the god it speaks to us of.

It is somewhat believable until the supernatural "pipe dream stories" are related in it's pages.
    This collection of "fairy tales" sprinkled throughout the bible then causes the book's premise of this god to disintegrate.

And this is what you base your god beliefs on?

I'm sorry....it is strictly conjecture...nothing else!

And you ask me why I attack christian folks beliefs when they tell me that the bible has proof of god in it?

The action of taking reality out of context and "inventing" a god to take the place of that which you, or science hasn't explained yet, isn't creating a false belief system, or a "facade" of untestable belief?

I think that your custom-built facade demonstrates the definition of conjecture.

This is what some others on here have called the "god of the gaps," nothing more, nothing less. A dream is just a dream, Cnance....nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing "spiritual" about a dream, or a book......period!

As long as this "god" is the sum total of the Forces and events that were at work at First Cause, you're correct!
    But you forgot to add in the E-nergies of the universe to the mix of matter and "unknowns."
    Thanks for the footnote about energy. I forgot to include it.

This is my final posting on this forum. It is because, as you say, things keep repeating, a sort of endless cycle. I have enjoyed our debates but mostly it has been a waste of time. What has been accomplished? Neither of us has changed our minds and, although we have learned things about science and the universe, no ground has been gained in the area of religious belief. Most others on scam.com think the same about my postings. I've become a sort of freak.

Who would ever believe the universe was created for Satan, and that we're collateral damage from paradise, which happened during the dinosaur era?

It's stranger than fiction.

There is no doubt about it, my beliefs set me apart from the world.

Thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-30-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Thanks for the footnote about energy. I forgot to include it.

This is my final posting on this forum. It is because, as you say, things keep repeating, a sort of endless cycle. I have enjoyed our debates but mostly it has been a waste of time. What has been accomplished? Neither of us has changed our minds and, although we have learned things about science and the universe, no ground has been gained in the area of religious belief. Most others on scam.com think the same about my postings. I've become a sort of freak.

Who would ever believe the universe was created for Satan, and that we're collateral damage from paradise, which happened during the dinosaur era?

It's stranger than fiction.

There is no doubt about it, my beliefs set me apart from the world.

Thanks for the comments.
    in order to get what you need, you have to give up what you want!? ok......i just made that up!? sounds neat though!? well, maybe........depends on how dependent we are to our ways!? :rotz: :zx11pissed: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you