+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 166

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quantum mechanics has become the new theoretical paradigm to explain the universe. One premise of the theory is that Inflation of virtual particles led to the big bang and heavy matter that make up our galaxies. Cosmologist have proposed virtual particles popped out of nowhere in empty space.

    However, what if is there was no empty space preceding the big bang? Then, of course, inflation of virtual particles would be impossible. What if God simple caused the big bang? Why would God require virtual particle inflation? Based on big bang radiation studies, there is no evidence of a VP fluctuation.

    When cosmologist discuss particle fluctuations they assume there's space for the phenomena. But what if there is no space? It is a simple idea, but with profound implications for cosmology.

    Cosmologist like Lawrence Krauss propose multiple universes based on virtual particle fluctuations. But, again, what if there is no space? Assuming they are correct, wouldn't we find empty space outside of the universe. To date, there is no empirical evidence for this assertion. Even if there were empty space beyond our universe, where did it come from?

    Particle physicist claim that virtual particles come from nothing. Their definition of nothing however is based on "something" or VP existing in a vacuum or in empty space.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-27-2012 at 11:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Where did god come from?

    Oh, and WHICH god?
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Where did god come from?

    Oh, and WHICH god?
    Stick with the thread. Where does space come from? Shouldn't science be able to answer the question?
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-26-2012 at 11:53 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Stick with the thread. Where does space come from? Shouldn't science be able to answer the question?
    Eventually it will be able to.

    Where does god come from (and WHICH god)?
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Eventually it will be able to.

    Where does god come from (and WHICH god)?
    Then, like religion, you have faith in science.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Then, like religion, you have faith in science.
    Unlike religion, science is able to recreate instances that prove the hypotheses which provide evidence.

    Religion has nothing to support itself.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Unlike religion, science is able to recreate instances that prove the hypotheses which provide evidence.

    Religion has nothing to support itself.
    The topic is VP and space.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    The topic is VP and space.
    I'd like to point out that YOU brought up god in your original post.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    I'd like to point out that YOU brought up god in your original post.

    That is fair, but the main topic is VP and space. I posted that topic here because it is directly related to science, not religion. The alternative hypothesis of course is what everyone talks about. Gold did it. However, due to all the nasty attacks on religion.com I prefer to keep the discussion on science, for which I have some knowledge.

    Lately, I have been doing research on these kinds of questions.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-27-2012 at 12:11 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    That is fair, but the main topic is VP and space. I posted that topic here because it is directly related to science, not religion. The alternative hypothesis of course is what everyone talks about. Gold did it. However, due to all the nasty attacks on religion.com I prefer to keep the discussion on science, for which I have some knowledge.
    Considering that science hasn't yet found the answers to your questions, all we have is speculation, anyway.

    How far could the conversation even go?
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Considering that science hasn't yet found the answers to your questions, all we have is speculation, anyway.

    How far could the conversation even go?
    I disagree, cosmologist have made great strides in this area of study. You need to do some research. The issue of space in the context of VP studies is very important.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I disagree, cosmologist have made great strides in this area of study. You need to do some research. The issue of space in the context of VP studies is very important.
    If you know so much then why all the questions? LOL
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  13. #13
    Yawn...'s Avatar
    Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Quantum mechanics has become the new theoretical paradigm to explain the universe. One premise of the theory is that Inflation of virtual particles led to the big bang and heavy matter that make up our galaxies. Cosmologist have proposed virtual particles popped out of nowhere in empty space.

    However, what if is there was no empty space preceding the big bang? Then, of course, inflation of virtual particles would be impossible. What if God simple caused the big bang? Why would God require virtual particle inflation? Based on big bang radiation studies, there is no evidence of a VP fluctuation.

    When cosmologist discuss particle fluctuations they assume there's space for the phenomena. But what if there is no space? It is a simple idea, but with profound implications for cosmology.

    Cosmologist like Lawrence Krauss propose multiple universes based on virtual particle fluctuations. But, again, what if there is no space? Assuming they are correct, wouldn't we find empty space outside of the universe. To date, there is no empirical evidence for this assertion. Even if there were empty space beyond our universe, where did it come from?

    Particle physicist claim that virtual particles come from nothing. Their definition of nothing however is based on "something" or VP existing in a vacuum or in empty space.
    Correct if I am wrong, String Theory is the new framework that attempts to explain the nature of the universe.

    The problem, as I understand it, is quantum mechanics does not fully explain the universe.

    String Theory is an attempt to reconcile and unify general relativity, quantum mechanics and a host of 'other' problems with various theories.


  14. #14
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    However, what if is there was no empty space preceding the big bang? Then, of course, inflation of virtual particles would be impossible. What if God simple caused the big bang? Why would God require virtual particle inflation? Based on big bang radiation studies, there is no evidence of a VP fluctuation.

    ...and because Science hasn't figured all the details out at this moment.....goddidit.

    Let's cut to the chase...this is what Cnance really wants to post.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
    ...and because Science hasn't figured all the details out at this moment.....goddidit.

    Let's cut to the chase...this is what Cnance really wants to post.
    Bingo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance
    The topic is VP and space.
    No, the topic is about, and I quote your opening post, "What if God ..." did it. Anti science couched in a god of the gaps argument.

    Fail.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: Virtual particles gasp for space.

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Bingo!


    No, the topic is about, and I quote your opening post, "What if God ..." did it. Anti science couched in a god of the gaps argument.

    Fail.
    My posting is based on science. Your answer is based on "let's get Cnance."

    Do some research and then look at the thread. I suggest you begin with Lawrence Krauss's excellent book, The Universe From Nothing. Krauss is not a believer and his book is endorsed by Dawkins, a dedicated atheist. It is my intention to understand both sides of the debate.

    My posting is based on some of the Krauss's arguments. Whereas Krauss proposes the possibility of multiple universes based on the assumption of endless space, my critique of that argument is based on the lack of empirical evidence for such an assertion.
    Last edited by Cnance; 01-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Space pens
    By evo-llusion in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  2. Why is there a Space Command?
    By foxbaron in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
  3. My space
    By tweetykiss in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 11:07 AM
  4. Space shuttle and space station.
    By bogie in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 06:59 AM
  5. Space vampires
    By Solver in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-27-2005, 11:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •