+ Reply to Thread

MLM Touting Their Distributer #s

Why do I keep seeing statistics along the lines of "We are x number of people strong!" X = # of sales reps/members....whatever.

....While at the same time....

When I ask how come IDS's show miserable income levels (which is directly related to x) I am told most people don't try.....maybe 70-90%.

So if an MLM company says "We are 100,000 distributors strong" they really mean "We are 100,000 sales people strong, but only 10,000 actually are working or making sales."

Discuss the >>>concept<<< PLEASE.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    MLMer admits it is ok to break family bonds and tear at its fabric in order to pursue "success." [Is this what you want from your business?]

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Re: MLM Touting Their Distributer #s

Quote Originally Posted by kegger430 View Post
    Why do I keep seeing statistics along the lines of "We are x number of people strong!" X = # of sales reps/members....whatever.

When I ask how come IDS's show miserable income levels (which is directly related to x) I am told most people don't try.....maybe 70-90%.

So if an MLM company says "We are 100,000 distributors strong" they really mean "We are 100,000 sales people strong, but only 10,000 actually are working or making sales."

That's a decent question, actually.
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by kegger430 View Post

Sorry, this has been beat to death...

IMO, you're being dense & obtuse for the sake of starting more anti-MLM pissing matches.....

Low entry fee, apathy, fear of rejection etc...

Sorry you don't like that answer, but, it's the only one I (& they) have. Your inability to deal with the reality of the situation is the only real 'problem' here, IMO...

One more thing kegger-man...Re: your neat-o quote in your signature file....?

Question, ever tried Ben-Gay for sore muscles or Icy Hot?

If so, did you ask to see the double-blind trials before trying them?

Just curious...
    Last edited by ohein56; 01-26-2012 at 02:07 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

As is true with many things, the reality of the numbers don't matter, it's the ILLUSION of what they might represent.

It's like people who have Facebook/Myspace pages with scores of friends, most of whom they've never met or spoken to--they just added them by the click of a button. Yet if you looked at their page, you'd think they are a really popular guy with tons of connections and friends.

I call this "misrepresentation". It's a hallmark of MLM.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.