+ Reply to Thread

Can someone help me to see if this is legitimate?

Hi everybody:
    Well, I'm thinking of applying for a job working from home by writing for a website, but before I do, I'm uncertain the opportunity to work for them is legitimate. They appear to be solid as they responded to me promptly after I contacted them and showed an interest in the position. Also, their application process feels professional. However, I haven't been able to find them listed on the BBB and I don't know where else to look to see if they're a real company and this is an honest opportunity. So, if someone could answer this post with their opinions on whether they think that this might be a scam or a legitimate possibility, I would appreciate it. Furthermore, if you could respond to this post pretty quickly I would be very grateful. Their website is: www.articlemarketingco.com
    Thanks,
    amitt

Re: Can someone help me to see if this is legitima

first thing to understand, is, a website is not a person or company. a website cannot pay you. a website is like a billboard.

a real company is real people that are located someplace. if a real person in a real place promises to pay, and doesn't, you can sue them.

if they won't tell you who they are or where they are it doesn't matter what else they say! you can't collect.

i didn't find any address or name of a real company or person , or any other evidence of substance on that site.
    Last edited by mumbles; 01-21-2012 at 09:20 PM.

They are a legitimate company that writes content. A lot of website owners don't want to or can't write very well but need specialized content, not the stuff you find in article directories.

I can't speak for the job itself but I've never heard any complaints about the company or content they produce.

okay - right here, public forum, anybody making more than $10 a month doing this, let us know.

Re: Can someone help me to see if this is legitimate?

The website looks like a site that offers the writing services but I can not see where they say that they are hiring.

Re: Can someone help me to see if this is legitimate?

Yeah man. That website looks shady as , it's not that hard to find a reputable broker with a google search or two, however.

You should look into textbroker.com, constant contact, or elance.com. If you're just getting into the whole content writing thing, then textbroker.com is a good place to start.