+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Reasons people decline MLM opportunities

The way I see it, most people decline MLM opportunities for one of two reasons. The first is apathy. They simply don't care. They don't care about you, the company you represent, nor do they genuinely care about thier financial future. For people like this, the path of least resistance is simply to not become invovled. It's less effort for them.

The second reason is that they are "too smart or too dumb" for MLM. Meaning, they feel like they are too good for MLM and understand all it's flaws, or they don't get it at all, and just say "Sounds like one of them scams!" since they don't have the intelligence to critically analyze any business opportunity, legitimate or not.

Not once did I ever have a prospect state valid reasons for why the MLM I was presenting was a scam. They would come up with all these idiosyncratic and fantastical excuses that made them look and sound stupid, but it didn't seem like anyone actually had a clue one way or another.

This is why people fail so much in MLM. It's because MLM relies on people, and people are notoriously annoying to deal with for the reasons stated above. I would actually say this is something both sides of the MLM debate could agree on.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Re: Reasons people decline MLM opportunities

Common Sense?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Two reasons...there are dozens, if not hundreds or thousands of Reasons people decline MLM opportunities.
    I'll give two more Reasons people decline MLM opportunities.

Chris the Gambler and Heiney the Janitor.

People come to this board looking for information, read a few posts by that pair of jack asses, then say "To hell with it".

Who cares about the ones that decline the business? I'm only looking for the ones who are interested and I've just signed one of those up today.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Who cares about the ones that decline the business? I'm only looking for the ones who are interested and I've just signed one of those up today.
    Without links here?

Impressive.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

First and foremost, 90% or more simply aren't suited for the business, or any business and they know that.
    That has to do with the apathy. If you don't care about bettering your life, and are content to just sit there and play Call of Duty Black Ops all day and become obese, that's not becasue you are a bad businessman. You simply lack ambition and motivation to do anything productive with your life.

You'd think that common sense would prevent everyone from joining MLM, but people still join. Common sense is not all that common. And even people who refuse to join, often do it for the wrong reasons. You ask them "WHY do you think it's a scam?" And they reply, "Cuz they all are!"
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

It must be incredibly frustrating for you people..... you spend your lives telling people that MLM is a scam, a bad business etc., and yet people carry on joining, the authorities won't listen to you and MLM carries on growing. I feel for you, honestly I do.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Big whoops. Chances are that person will "do nothing" and quit.

Haters gonna' hate, right Doyle. It's a fact of life.

It must be incredibly frustrating for you people..... you spend your lives telling people that MLM is a scam, a bad business etc., and yet people carry on joining, the authorities won't listen to you and MLM carries on growing. I feel for you, honestly I do.
    Well, PT Barnum's saying applies I guess......

How's it feel to be a rube?

If you are only signing up the ones who are interested, how come over 95% of them lose money and quit on you?

Were they really interested in the actual business opportunity you sold them? Or was it the pack of lies that you were selling them that got them interested.

Being interested doesn't change the nature of the business. Whether you are highly interested, or completely detached from it, you'll likely still lose money in MLM. Because at the end of the day it comes down to asking all your family and friends if they want to join a pyramid scheme, and they all pull one of the two responses above from their hats and use it on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    If you are only signing up the ones who are interested, how come over 95% of them lose money and quit on you?

Were they really interested in the actual business opportunity you sold them? Or was it the pack of lies that you were selling them that got them interested.
    It seems obvious to me that deception is a regular part of recruiting in many MLM. Get rich beyond your wildest dreams or some miracle product that cures all ills.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post

Do they? Who told you that, because I didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    The way I see it, most people decline MLM opportunities for one of two reasons.
    Sorry, you gave THREE reasons....

Apathy...

Too Smart... or

Too Dumb.....

That's THREE REASONS...!?

JMHO, ...needs2stop...I think you belong to the last catagory...:2gunsfiring_v1:

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    This is why people fail so much in MLM. It's because MLM relies on people, and people are notoriously annoying to deal with for the reasons stated above. I would actually say this is something both sides of the MLM debate could agree on.
    I vote for Apathy.

IMO, Most people in this country are sheople that are apathetic wage earners, that can't see past their 'secure' JOB.

Also....why do you think DS/MLMr's are worse than pedophiles?! Just curious to see how you made the connection there, since apathy, & intelligence are on your list above, yet pedophilia wasn't highlighted....?!

Thanks in advance for your thoughtful reply....:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    It seems obvious to me that deception is a regular part of recruiting in many MLM. Get rich beyond your wildest dreams or some miracle product that cures all ills.
    That's not even the deception. Some do get rich. And the health food stuff can make you healthy.

Deception would be not telling people about the annual fee. Deception would be telling people that others will be interested in this proposal, knowing full well that NOBODY is interested in MLM and you will eventually fail and quit.