+ Reply to Thread

FAKE CB Australia Ltd job

I responded to an ad for an office assistant on -slist and I received this reply:

"Dear Applicant,

Our recruitment team viewed your resume published on (Craigslist) concerning this position and we are pleased with your qualifications. Your details has been forwarded to the senior supervisor (Mrs Samantha Garrison) He would like to conduct an online interview with you to discuss your duties and pay scale with our company. Set up a screen name with the yahoo instant messenger(www.messenger.yahoo.com) and add up this screen name ([email protected]) Report online Wednesday, 18th of January 2012, between 9am-12noon for an interview. Contact Mrs Samantha Garrison through the above email to let him know if the time frame works for you.

HR CLERK."

Then I receive this:
    "C/- Macpherson+Kelley Lawyers
    Level 11, Royal Exchange
    56 Pitt Street
    SYDNEY NSW 2000
    http://admerexgroup.com
    company profiles

CB Australia Limited has changed its name from Admerex Limited effective 1 November 2010.
    Currently CB Australia Ltd’s shares (ASX:ADL) are suspended from quotation following shareholders approval of the Company’s acquisition of the Coldwell Banker Master Residential Franchise Licence Agreement for Australia and the resultant change of activities.

The relisting of shares under our new name CB Australia Limited, under a new security code to be determined by the ASX, is anticipated for mid to late December 2010, once the company has met the ASX’s requirements for compliance with the ASX listing rules.

NoTED: The company"s headquarter is in Sydney Australia and we are trying to open a branch here in USA...That is why we are employing people to work for us from home....

The CB Australia Limited is seeking to establish a Joint Venture for distributing CB Australia Limited products in the United States. At this stage, it is envisaged that product support would be provided, alternative arrangements may also be considered. Consideration will be given to the establishment of a single entity with exclusive rights to the products in the US, or a number of entities each covering one State or several States.

The Joint Venture Partners require sufficient start up capital and expertise to support marketing, sales and distribution of the products in their area.

policy of the company. By working closely with our all employees and clients, We are constantly expanding and developing new markets, Enabling users worldwide to enjoy uality and service of CB Australia Limited ,, products.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

-Greet clients and answer multi-line phone, providing accurate information, and directing calls or visitors to appropriate offices or personnel;
    -Answer questions about rental application process;
    -Receive cash or check for payments ;
    -Update and maintain residential availability list;
    -Prepare documents for lease-signings;
    -Draft and/or type, format and proofread general correspondence letters and memoranda;
    -Publish monthly internal calendar;
    -Set up meeting and appointments;
    -Plan social functions;
    -Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail, and meter outgoing mail using postage machines;
    -Order and receive office supplies;
    -Assist with various clerical tasks as necessary.

Required Skills
    Ability to be personable and conduct self in a professional manner is imperative. Given the nature of the business, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, are required. Attention to detail and accuracy are important, along with reading, comprehension and organizational skills. Math skills are also required to accurately provide figures to rental and residential inquiries. Frequent interruptions during the course of performing duties can be expected, so ability to manage time well, to multi-task and to keep focus without diminished productivity is a must. Position requires thorough knowledge of the local area, discretion with confidential information, and willingness to expand duties as the need arises. Proficiency with multi-line phones, mobile communication devices, word processors and spreadsheets, specialized real estate software, electronic mail software and the Internet, 10-key, facsimile, copying machines and postage machines are a must.

Required Experience
    At least three years experience in service-oriented job field is required. High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification can be accepted with extensive experience; otherwise, associate degree or some college in office administration is preferred.

BRIEFING SUMMARY
    You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme* Find Training programme details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programmes as you will be given series of tasks during training*

*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 2pm your time zone*

*You have to keep strict record of time and activities* A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format)*

*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me*

*You are paid weekly

*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $15/hr for 6hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.

*At the end of your training, you will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year as you are listed as an Independent contractor.

Benefits:
    Competitive Compensation
    Career Path and Management opportunities
    Health and wellness benefits to include medical, dental, prescription and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
    Employee Assistance program
    PTO and paid holidays
    401K with company match
    Bonus'
    Employee Discounts
    Employee Referral program
    Employee Recognition program

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
    Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some

other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400vvBarcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and Office Desk).
    Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipmets would be provided to you ASAP.

You would be Given the Following to start work with after training:
    * Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

For more information about the company visit the company website(http://admerexgroup.com)"

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS POST. some of their sources look legitimate, but from researching online, this is one of the ways you get scammed. I got out while I still could. Oh and also, just to point out, there are already a number of Coldwell Banking sites in the US.

She had me do this as my first task:

"Complete this assignment within a time limit of 3hrs.

What items of information do you need before you can approve an invoice for payment?
    Tell me about an invoice discrepancy that you discovered and how you resolved the discrepancy.
    Tell me about an invoice dispute that you were involved in and what your role was in resolving the dispute.
    If you are asked to prepare a bill for services. What information should be included in the bill?
    Can you describe some of the methods used to allocate support costs.
    What do you understand by the term Charge back?
    What experience have you had in fixed assets accounting?

Have done and submitted in .XLS .

You have 3hrs to get them done."

Then the next task is :
    "Write an article on The Best Ways to Prevent Overdue Accounts using your own words.

Each article must be at least 3 pages with examples.

Have done and submitted in .WORD .

Time limit is 3hrs"

I wrote her off after getting this task and realizing for sure that this is totally fake. she replied "You can said you don't know how to write". I'm not even gonna bother responding to that. -.-

A lot of what she said to me sounded scripted, robotic, and definitely fake. She copy and pasted most of her interactions with me. I even asked her why she was interviewing me at 9-12pm EST, because that would mean it would have been 1-4am in Australia. She says that she was also working from home in NY. I asked her about the board of directors she supposedly forwarded my interview answers to. She said "yes", meaning that they were also stationed here in the US. -.-

I read some horrifying accounts of how people would get arrested because the "employer" had them deposit fake checks and then withdraw to wire elsewhere because it was believed to be part of their job. There are also other accounts where the address and phone number you give them are put on random purchases that end up on your porch while the person who bought them ends up calling the police [who then consequently end up on your front porch as well].

Be careful!

Re: FAKE CB Australia Ltd job

100% scam, you are correct.

There is no job.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPS/FedEx billing account number and send most of the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When your bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

When you refuse to send him your cash he will send increasingly nasty and rude emails trying to convince you to go through with his scam. The scammer could also create another fake name and email address like "[email protected] gmail.com", "police_person @hotmail.com" or "investigator @yahoo.com" and send emails telling you the job is legit and you must cash the fake check and send your money to the scammer or you will face legal action. Just ignore, delete and block those email addresses. Although, reading a scammer's attempt at impersonating a law enforcement official can be extremely funny.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:

1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fraud Western Union scam", "check mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

My friend's experience was similar. Here is a copy of the conversation she had with the interviewer. Note how the mood changed when Cat mentioned scams:

Conversation with Mrs Samantha Garrison:

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:25:18 PM):Good morning

Cat (1/23/2012 1:26:49 PM):Good afternoon.
    Cat (1/23/2012 1:27:07 PM):I received an email that read: Dear Applicant,Our recruitment team viewed your resume published on (www.dice.com) concerning the position of Administrative Assistant, Accounting clerk, Accountant and Data Entry. we are pleased with your qualifications. Your details has been forwarded to the senior supervisor (Mrs Samantha Garrison) She would like to conduct an online interview with you to discuss your duties and pay scale with our company. Set up a screen name with the yahoo instant messenger (www.messenger.yahoo.com) and add up this screen name ([email protected]) Report online on Monday 23th of January 2012-Friday 27, 9am-3pm for an interview. Contact Mrs Samantha Garrison through the above email to let him know if the time frame work

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:27:08 PM):Am Mrs Samantha Garrison the hiring manager of CB Australia Limited,, and i am here to brief you more about this job.
    workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:27:14 PM):Am Mrs Samantha Garrison the hiring manager of CB Australia Limited,, and i am here to brief you more about this job.
    Cat (1/23/2012 1:27:15 PM):Thank you

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:27:19 PM):I will send you the job details and the company profile so that you can read and let me know if is okay by you

Cat (1/23/2012 1:28:56 PM):Okay. To where are you sending it?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:29:02 PM):paste me your email address to send it

Cat (1/23/2012 1:29:17 PM):(email removed for security)

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:30:25 PM):job details sent..let me know as soon as you receive it

Cat (1/23/2012 1:32:09 PM):I received the letter

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:31:36 PM):Read and Let me know if is Okay by you so that we can procced with the interview

Cat (1/23/2012 1:32:35 PM):ok
    Cat (1/23/2012 1:34:43 PM):I read over the document. What exactly is the job?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:34:17 PM):Are you interested in working form home?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:35:23 PM):Yes.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:34:43 PM):Have you read and understand the job details?'

Cat (1/23/2012 1:35:56 PM):I did read over them, but they seem a bit vague.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:35:30 PM):meaning?
    workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:35:30 PM):meaning?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:37:00 PM):Aside from working at home, what will I be doing? I have seen several similar offers that concentrate on the transfering of funds.
    Cat (1/23/2012 1:37:32 PM):It mentions products. What are they and how will I interact with them?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:36:49 PM):As for your duties, they will be as follows: Your Primary duties include: Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.Secondary duties: Now, your secondary daily duties would be to report to your Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.Can you handle the job duties ?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:38:21 PM):Yes

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:37:42 PM):Have you ever worked from home or online before?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:39:12 PM):I had a part-time job that was based from home. I completed my education online.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:38:41 PM):Are you currently employed?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:39:39 PM):No.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:38:53 PM):Are you aware that this is strictly an online work from home job position?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:40:05 PM):Yes. That fits perfectly into my schedule.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:39:24 PM):Can you devote 6hours daily of your time for the company? i.e 8am - 2pm, Mon - Fri your time zone?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:40:30 PM):Yes.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:40:02 PM):What goal do you think you can achieve for the company?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:42:46 PM):I am proficient in Microsoft Office programs and pay great attention to details. I work well with others and do not require supervision. I can help the company reach new heights.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:42:22 PM):Rate your self on a scale of 1-5 based on the following MATHEMATICAL ACCURACY, SPELLING ACCURACY, TYPING SPEED,STATISTICAL ACCURACY?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:45:01 PM):Mathematical Accuracy=5, Spelling Accuracy=5, Typing Speed=60+ wpm, Statistical Accuracy=5. I will do my best to make sure that all information is correct to the best of my knowledge. I am not afraid to ask questions or do the necessary research to make sure that my work is done correctly.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:44:28 PM):Give me 3reason why do you want this job?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:46:50 PM):1. I went back to school so that I could have a career now that my child is in high school. 2. My education and training has prepared me for a position in Administration such as this. 3. I would like to be able to contribute financially to our household.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:46:18 PM):Tell me why you think you can handle the task that will be giving to you to work on?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:48:31 PM):I have managed a household for 27 years. My employment history covers many years in the office setting. I am a go-getter that is not afraid of a challenge. If I need help, I will definitely ask for it.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:48:02 PM):Do you have any of the above machines (printer, scanner, fax machine and a copier)?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:49:57 PM):I have a working scanner that also copies to the printer. My printer needs replacing as well as my fax machine.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:49:25 PM):What Bank Are you currently use?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:50:30 PM):Farmers State
    Cat (1/23/2012 1:50:37 PM):Why do you ask?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:49:49 PM):How do you handle work under pressure?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:51:27 PM):I strive to keep a level head and continue to work until the job is finished, even if it means working over.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:50:55 PM):How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee and the Company is going to pay you for the training?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:52:57 PM):The document said two weeks. Not knowing exactly what the training involves, I will assume that the two weeks should be enough.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:56:02 PM):What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:58:19 PM):While attending college, I took medical office procedures. This class covered much about privacy and code of conduct. By law, employers and employees are restricted in what can and can not be shared with or without the written consent of the client.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:58:13 PM):Are you ready to abide by the company rules and regulation never to discussed any thing apart from the company?

Cat (1/23/2012 1:59:44 PM):Yes. I am aware that by doing so, I can not only face dismissal, but also criminal charges.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 1:59:23 PM):Hold on online while i forward your interview answers to the company's board of directors for proper review and consideration.Okay ?

Cat (1/23/2012 2:00:23 PM):Okay.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:08:31 PM):Congratulations......This is to confirm that you have been approved to be a staff of CB Australia Limited,, having reached the requirements, passed the interview and recommended for the Job by the Board of Director on employment.

Cat (1/23/2012 2:10:23 PM):Thank you. Now what do I do?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:10:47 PM):You will start training tomorrow morning by 9am . We will send you the Employment Letter to sign and send it back to us

Cat (1/23/2012 2:12:54 PM):Okay. What is the pay? When do I get paid? How do I get paid? What are the benefits that are included with my employment?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:13:53 PM):The company pay $20 per hour during training and $25 per hour after training..
    workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:13:56 PM):weekly

Cat (1/23/2012 2:14:52 PM):Since you are based in Australia, how do I receive the pay?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:15:40 PM):Well i am your supervisor and i have been working with this company for over 15months now....I am an employee also working from home located in NY

Cat (1/23/2012 2:15:58 PM):Congratulation!
    Cat (1/23/2012 2:16:15 PM):How do I report to work?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:15:49 PM):I want you to send me your full name address and phone number to [email protected] so he can send you the employment letter to sign and also create an employee profile for you.Email that and get back to me here on chat

Cat (1/23/2012 2:17:05 PM):Okay. Where do I email it?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:16:38 PM):[email protected]

Cat (1/23/2012 2:17:35 PM):Okay.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:24:50 PM):let me know as soon as you send it

Cat (1/23/2012 2:27:09 PM):Okay, but first, I was looking you up on the internet. Since I don't know you personally and have not met you face-to-face, I would like to be sure that this is not a scam or a money laundering position.

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:26:58 PM):we are 100% Legitimate company ....we have been in business for over 5years....This position does not required you to pay anything..it is free and we also sent you funds for the purchase of training materials that will enable you to work effectively from home....The training is paid

Cat (1/23/2012 2:28:48 PM):Thank you, but I was just reading some scary articles about the company and was concerned that you might not be real: http://www.scamfraudalert.com/work_h...group_com.html

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:30:52 PM):You can pass on it

Cat (1/23/2012 2:31:06 PM):On what am I passing?

workdept20 (1/23/2012 2:31:39 PM):ON THE POSITION

Cat (1/23/2012 2:31:58 PM):Am I suddenly not worth having as an employee?
    Cat (1/23/2012 2:32:50 PM):I like to make sure that I am just as safe in my employment life as I am in everyday life. I hope that checking up on your company is not offensive. That is definitely NOT my intentions.

workdept20 has signed out. (1/23/2012 2:34 PM)

Last message received on 1/23 at 2:31 PM

Totally Mature! :bah::zx11pissed::judges:
    Last edited by mumbles; 01-23-2012 at 02:03 PM.

:madgo::zx11pissed::judges:
    Quote Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
    100% scam, you are correct.

There is no job.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPS/FedEx billing account number and send most of the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When your bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

When you refuse to send him your cash he will send increasingly nasty and rude emails trying to convince you to go through with his scam. The scammer could also create another fake name and email address like "[email protected] gmail.com", "police_person @hotmail.com" or "investigator @yahoo.com" and send emails telling you the job is legit and you must cash the fake check and send your money to the scammer or you will face legal action. Just ignore, delete and block those email addresses. Although, reading a scammer's attempt at impersonating a law enforcement official can be extremely funny.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fraud Western Union scam", "check mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

not really a money laundry - more like a donation of your money to a poor nigerian.

Craiglist jobs can not be trusted. I have had bad experiences and will not want to use it at all.