+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Benjamin Guest

WOW this could get interesting

I received an email about this site last night. I am interested in the opinions of any members on scam.com and especially hearing what the moderators have to say.

http://www.scam-cleanup.com/

sorethroat Guest

Re: WOW this could get interesting

So you got an email.
    Who are you then? What legit company is this all about?

I notice that site was registered August 2.
    Only two days ago.

No company name on the site.
    Real registrant is hiding identity behind the hosting company blueshost.com
    Why all this hiding if it is legit?

Some credibility, wow!

Benjamin Guest

I don't know if it is credible or not, but they could do a lot of damage to scam.com. I agree that if most of the advertisers realized their ad was appearing on scam.com they woul probably pull the ads.

As I said it should get really interesting

Benjamin Guest

Stop Being Attacked by Scam.com Now!
    This website is in response to a website called Scam.com. Scam.com is a posting forum that allows members (registered users) to post negative information about companies. There is very little moderation of the site and much of the information posted is inaccurate and damaging to the companies.

We have e-mailed the company numerous times and still the false and damaging information continues to be displayed on the website. We have contacted several companies that have had the same experience. We have decided to take matters into our own hands and force the site to remove negative information about legitimate companies.

We are doing this by attacking the site where it will hurt – in the pocketbook. Scam.com earns revenue by displaying Google ads. Every time one of these ads is clicked Scam.com earns money. The advertiser that is clicked on pays Google for the click and Google, in turn, pays Scam.com

This whole plan is based on the following facts:

Most advertisers do not know where their ads are displayed. They simply sign up through Google and Google displays their ads on web pages with relevant content.
    Most advertisers would not be thrilled to find out there ads are appearing on Scam.com. The visitors to that site are jaded and highly skeptical – not potential customers. Some members have even suggested clicking on advertiser’s ads just to make the advertisers pay more money.
    Google allows advertisers to request that their ads not be displayed on a particular website. This is simple to do in the back office features provided by Google.

Our attack is simple. We monitor Scam.com daily and see which ads appear on the site. We will then contact those advertisers and explain to them that their ad is appearing on the Scam.com website and give them step by step directions on how to stop their ads from appearing on the site (see sample letter below)

What will happen?

Initially very little, but eventually Scam.com’s revenue will start to decline. As more and more advertisers are requesting to be taken off the site, they will see a reduction in revenue until one day they will barely be able to pay their hosting bills.

What is the Objective?

Our objective is to have Scam.com remove all negative information about our companies. The information is not true, it is malicious and it is damaging. Once Scam.com removes the negative information, we will shut down this website and stop this attack campaign.

Who are you?

We are a group of individuals involved with companies that are being damaged unfairly be Scam.com. We do not post who we are so as not to invite retaliation

How can Scam.com verify that the information about you is not true?

We don’t care; we are being hurt and we want the information down.

What if my company is also being attacked by Scam.com?

Send an email to enough@scam-cleanup.com and we will give you directions on how to join this campaign. If you are part of the campaign (which means you will be sending out letters daily to companies asking them to remove negative information) then you will be on the list of companies that we will demand the information about be removed.

How are people finding out about this site?

We are e-mailing companies that have information posted about them on Scam.com and asking that they participate.

What if I am with scam.com and would like to settle this matter by removing negative postings from our site?

Email us at scam@scam-cleanup.com and we will provide you a list of companies to remove from your site. Keep in mind the list will include companies not participating to avoid retaliation

Sample Letter

Subject: You are paying extra for your Ad-words account

Dear Advertiser,

I am a fellow business owner who is trying to help you not pay extra for your Google Ad-words campaign. Your ads are appearing on a site called Scam.com. This site attacks many legitimate companies and many of the members and even moderators attack companies with ads appearing on this site. In addition, the members and moderators often click your ad to generate revenue for the site.

I am not writing to you to sell you anything and I do not want anything from you. I am warning you, as I wish that I would have been warned, that having an ad on this site could damage your business in two ways

You will pay extra for useless clicks
    You will likely be called a scam on the site and your customers will find that posting when they Google your company
    The solution is simple, to avoid paying extra for false clicks and having Scam.com members attack your company simply log into your Ad-words account and …….

This will stop your ads from appearing on this site.

Keep in mind you may get several of these letters. I am part of a group of legitimate business owners that are trying to keep others companies from being damaged by this website.

Regards,

sorethroat Guest

Hmmm

Your early appearance and your spamming the message four times makes me wonder.

No, actually it does not make me wonder.

Most likely you are behind this yourself.

Well, no problem, this board is packed with liars anyway.

Stop it, Sorethroat! You're killing me!
    :):eek:

sorethroat Guest

Benjamin, here's a moderator!
    Third degree interrogation now!
    Act fast before he's gone again!!

I've got to say that "Benjamin" is probably the most amateur shill I've seen here in a long time, although he has enough money to rent a dedicated server at 70.103.140.149. Unfortunately, they do not appear to have spent the money on competent legal advice!

Benjamin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamoo
    I've got to say that "Benjamin" is probably the most amateur shill I've seen here in a long time, although he has enough money to rent a dedicated server at 70.103.140.149. Unfortunately, they do not appear to have spent the money on competent legal advice!

Are you a moderator?

sorethroat Guest

Aren't we all?

Benjamin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sorethroat
    Aren't we all?
    Who are you?

sorethroat Guest

I am the owner of this Internet.

Ask whatever you want.

Very Interesting!!
    I can sense that some companies are fighting bad reports. I own a website (victimsofexpedia.com ) and I found that it is very difficult to alert people about how bad EXPEDIA is. I Believe someone is doing something to deny access or to decrease the traffic to my website . For instance, 1) someone was sending a lot of spam to my guestbook. 2) I tried to alert people in "travel forums" but some of them didn't allow it (do they receive pressure ?).
    My case is too gruesome in details and EXPEDIA has no way to deny the facts I wrote in my webpage. Please take your time to visit and learn what I'm doing to alert people victimsofexpedia.com/reaction. The idea is simple: alert everybody!!!Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    Are you a moderator?
    No.

Seriously, if you're pissed with scam.com because the information posted is truly inaccurate, then that's understandable.

However, the action proposed is legally dubious at best and will quite possibly have unpleasant repercussions [this is not a threat]. Competent legal advice is always useful. If you take things through appropriate channels, then you might be surprised.

Benjamin Guest

I understand your point, but based on what the site says it does not seem to be crossing any lines. They are simply informing people that their ads are appearing on a site that could yield bad results and unwanted attacks.

I seem to remember Scambuster in a post telling members to click advertiser’s ads to make money for scam.com and charge the “scammers” paying for the ads.

If anything, I think his "ad" will draw more people to scam.com to find out what it's about. If your business is legitimate there is no problem.