+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: bidz.com

Re: bidz.com

HI I just signed up for this forum.

I have not signed up for bidz.com yet within the last week I've gotten bombarded with scam emails supposedly from them in the form of "second chance offers". I had gotten these type of scam emails before but now they are super ridiculous anywhere from 6 to a dozen or more a day. I have been getting these emails at both of my main email accounts. I send them directly to my spam/trash bin (they are now automatically sent to my spam box at my yahoo which is good). As I said I am not even a member of bidz so I know these messages are not legit.

Each email is the same message only the auction number changes, and I think sometimes the "sending" email address, which of course is one that looks like it's coming directly from the bidz website customer service.
    :

I'd like to know what super bozo is sending these things so I could give them a piece of my mind or more.
    :spin2::judges:

Not that it will do any good, but I forwarded a sample email to the customer service email address at bidz through my aol email and sent a similar one using my yahoo email to "[email protected]" bidz email.

If bidz ever wants me to be a customer, after this junk they would have to pay me weekly.

No surprise. Bidz has no ethics or scruples and resort to spamming its customers and carpetbombing cr---slist with their ads.

I have won many items from Bidz.com.
    The jewelry is almost never graded correctly.

If you are looking for a good site for jewelry, this is not the site for you.

The scam? Misrepresenting jewelry!

Join the campaign to bring down bidz.com

Note: Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com you find around the net are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents. So even that is a scam.

Now, to the business at hand...The preponderance of evidence against this company is reaching vast proportions and yet, here they are still doing business. It is clear to me, that if these people were operating inside the borders of my country, it's directors would already be in jail. Our consumer protection laws are very robust and many of the scams bidz is involved in, run in the category where police organisations would take interest.

Now this word preponderance is an important one, in the legal sense meaning the level of evidence and complaint is so great, it cannot be ignored. It surprises me, American commerce authorities and law enforcement agencies seem so slow in moving to crush this company. Well it's time to make sure the various agencies are well informed about these bidz.com fraudsters. And directly responsible is bidz company directors, shady Russians with known criminal associations, they belong behind bars. Though I am nervous given the enormous internet advertising campaign of late, whether this represents an effort to collect huge revenues before the directors do a runner. It really would not surprise me, not one little bit.

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221
    LAPD report a crime. http://www.lapdonline.org/
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have! Whether you are an American customer or from somewhere else does not matter, this is an American registered company, the crimes are being committed in the US, make complaints, write to or call the Culver City police in the first instance! Then the FBI and then the various commerce watch dog agencies. (Note: LAPD report a crime will forward your complaint to Culver City Police.)

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. [email protected]
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. [email protected]
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. [email protected]
    COO / Claudia Liu. [email protected]
    CCO / Larry Russell. [email protected]
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. [email protected]
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. [email protected]
    Don't bother with customer services, now there's a contradiction in terms! Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

And just a little foot note on bidz advertising through google adwords. Make complaints there as well, it seems google will take money from anyone just to make a buck.
    Go get em folks!

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Note: Just be aware, many positive remarks about bidz.com you find around the net are fake, they are posted by Bidz own staff or agents. So even that is a scam.

Now, to the business at hand...The preponderance of evidence against this company is reaching vast proportions and yet, here they are still doing business. It is clear to me, that if these people were operating inside the borders of my country, it's directors would already be in jail. Our consumer protection laws are very robust and many of the scams bidz is involved in, run in the category where police organisations would take interest.

Now this word preponderance is an important one, in the legal sense meaning the level of evidence and complaint is so great, it cannot be ignored. It surprises me, American commerce authorities and law enforcement agencies seem so slow in moving to crush this company. Well it's time to make sure the various agencies are well informed about these bidz.com fraudsters. And directly responsible is bidz company directors, shady Russians with known criminal associations, they belong behind bars. Though I am nervous given the enormous internet advertising campaign of late, whether this represents an effort to collect huge revenues before the directors do a runner. It really would not surprise me, not one little bit.

Thing is, complaints here are valuable in informing people about the unscrupulous dealings of Bidz.com but best thing we can all do, is start making complaints to the relevant authorities and by flooding the directors of bidz email boxes.

Complaints can be made to...

Culver City Police. They are located at 4040 Duquesne Avenue, Culver City, and their phone number is. (310) 837-1221
    LAPD report a crime. http://www.lapdonline.org/
    The FBI, IC3. https://complaint.ic3.gov/ctf.aspx
    Federal Trade Commission. http://www.ftc.gov/
    Better Business Bureau. http://www.bbb.org/us/
    Securities and Exchange Commission. http://www.sec.gov/
    US Department of Commerce. http://www.commerce.gov
    And anyone else you might think of. I have! Whether you are an American customer or from somewhere else does not matter, this is an American registered company, the crimes are being committed in the US, make complaints, write to or call the Culver City police in the first instance! Then the FBI and then the various commerce watch dog agencies. (Note: LAPD report a crime will forward your complaint to Culver City Police.)

Bidz directors email addresses are...

CEO / David Zinberg. [email protected]
    President / CTO / Leon Kuperman. [email protected]
    CFO / Lawrence Kong. [email protected]
    COO / Claudia Liu. [email protected]
    CCO / Larry Russell. [email protected]
    Vice President / Executive Secretary / Marina Zinberg. [email protected]
    Auctions Manager / Vilius Zukauskas. [email protected]
    Don't bother with customer services, now there's a contradiction in terms! Go directly to the top people and flood their email boxes.

Don't forget, when approaching the authorities, where you can, provide any evidence you have. Emails, photographs, copies of bidz web site pages, anything that might be relevant. Join me in a campaign to bring these fraudsters down, it is time we did.

And just a little foot note on bidz advertising through google adwords. Make complaints there as well, it seems google will take money from anyone just to make a buck.
    Go get em folks!

Cheers,
    And I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

I would just like to say that I have bought a lot of items off bidz and buyz and have always been really happy. Iv got items such as watches, money clips, photo frames, rings, necklaces, the lot etc. And everything has come quick and in great condition and all have looked awesome and for what I have paid for them well worth there money. I do think that when someone is not happy they complain on forums like these or put in complaints on that BBB site or whatever but when your happy you don't usually write on these forums so I think it is a bit one sided so I decided to just let people know that I am very pleased with the site bidz and I will continue to use it. Also when I buy stuff I don't buy it to resell I buy it to keep for my self or to give as gifts to my closest friends, and I always get good compliments on the items I have brought from them.

Trouble is shawn17, no one can really take your comment seriously, given bidz own staff haunt these sites, putting up positive remarks to try and counter the bad reviews. So bad is this problem, on the Community Co consumer advocate site, they have banned all positive comments about bidz, knowing that they just can't be trusted.

The evidence against bidz unscrupulous business practices is so vast it cannot be ignored. Nor can the photographic evidence of their scams.

How can we take you seriously shawn, who do you work for? And given there is such clear evidence, how can you defend bidz, unless you are one of their agents. Bidz has made a rod for their own backs, no one can believe any positive comment anymore, so have they sullied their own reputation.
    Last edited by xcellent; 02-09-2010 at 12:15 AM.

I used to buy quite alot of jewelry from bidz to resell a few years ago when they were a smaller website and found them to be quite good then. As an international buyer I thought that their shipping was resonable when you catch the specials,I dont know if they still do it but they used to have free shipping during certain time frames and they did provide tracking. Its was just like any other auction site though,dont bid more than you think its worth and dont expect retuns to go quickly.
    Working from home is becoming a very popular career choice worldwide!
    IncomeFrmHome has been designed to educate and guide the "ordinary" person wanting to start their very own profitable business from home. IncomeFrmHome.com

I would have to say that this site is more of a scam than genuine but that is my personal opinion and I have had no experience of this site.

Why would you want to buy a $6000 dollar watch off there? let alone the internet. Personally I would visit a local well established dealer when purchasing goods like these.

With so many fake goods around now nobody tell whether its genuine and even the experts are having a hard time.
    Last edited by dmtaylor247; 02-09-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Bargain Store

Quote Originally Posted by xcellent View Post
    Trouble is shawn17, no one can really take your comment seriously, given bidz own staff haunt these sites, putting up positive remarks to try and counter the bad reviews. So bad is this problem, on the Community Co consumer advocate site, they have banned all positive comments about bidz, knowing that they just can't be trusted.

The evidence against bidz unscrupulous business practices is so vast it cannot be ignored. Nor can the photographic evidence of their scams.

How can we take you seriously shawn, who do you work for? And given there is such clear evidence, how can you defend bidz, unless you are one of their agents. Bidz has made a rod for their own backs, no one can believe any positive comment anymore, so have they sullied their own reputation.
    Ha Ha you so made me laugh. Well first you don't have to believe me, its your choice. But seriously I live in Australia and I really don't know why they would pay me to be an agent, i can barely even use a computer, it took me 30 min to figure out how to sign up and right a comment on it (and if it weren't for spell check you would seriously not believe im an agent lol), and I only put a comment cause I have always been happy with purchase from bidz so I thought I would google to see what other people thought, and when it was filled with bad comments I thought to myself that, that is not really giving other people such as me (normal average bloke) a real indication of what bidz is like so I thought I would put in my opinion so it aint all bad. Plus where I live the shops are expensive as and even if a supposed retail watch of $2000 isn't really worth that much they still look better then a watch i can buy from here for $500 and the bidz watch would have cost me half that much. Now you can think I am defending them because im an agent or you can take it as what it is which is a person happy with what they have brought and just wanted to let people know. But if there are bidz agaents on this site if you want to pay me for talking you up you are quite welcome to cause well in honest truth id probable spend it back on there site anyway haha. See I dont buy anything localy here except food and fuel, anything else I buy from the net, (really the only thing I know how to do on a computer, and well bidz is where I buy my bling and gifts for friends. I have other sites such as ebay and deals direct and catchoftheday for other things. but see they have a feedback system so people have the chance to see how good it is before you buy something, but bidz don't, really id love to see that put in place so it is more transparent, And then it wouldn't just be forums like this which are a bit one sidded. And to make it funny with FBI AND CIA and agents I could just as easily as you accuseing me for being a agent I could say your an agent from a rivial bling website trying to ruin there reputation haha or another bidz user trying to discourage other possible members to keep less people on the site in return keeping prices down, which if the latter was right thats cool sounds like a good idea lol. But all in all im happy, its cool if others aren't. PS just so you know my girlfriend was watching me right this and was laughing the hole time, and yes that means she is a possible agent as well haha.

in the last 2 weeks i've won 2 watches totaling $580 actual value for $75 shipped out the door, and a 10k peridot/garnet necklace. the necklace was a .97ctw and the jeweler said it was actually .99ctw. watches were both fantastic and as described. its too bad some people have had bad experiences with them. i will keep going back till i do. i have always been one to read the entire auction, ie clarity on diamonds, etc. some people may not be doing that and thats why they're having trouble. emailed them a question and got a response in less than 12 hrs. thats better than ebay! as far as complaints about the only thing you can do is let them know you're reporting them to the bbb, and you could probably inquire to the government of their state as to what can be done.

to this date I LUV EM !! :O)

I have never reported anything negative about any business as of yet but I recently found out about the bidz site and started to bid on items. Things seemed to be too good to be true very quickly. the first day i was on i bid on a ring this was two weeks ago, i won the bid and paid for my item. the amount was deducted from my credit card with in 1 hr however I am still waiting for my ring to arrive. two days after winning my first bid i thought i would go on to find a gift for a friends birthday, i found a braclet that was "retail" of $889. I bid for 3hrs to win this braclet and i won the bid at $61 however i didn't win the item becasue the seller didn't like the winning bid price so they sent me an offer to buy the braclet that i spent 3 hours bidding on for three times my winning bid. I called a CSR and asked to have this explained, i could barley understand her and from what i did get they offered the braclet to me and the other bidder at the esculated price tag and the first to buy would be the first to recive it. I don't understand this... if you have a set min price on an item then the starting bid should be that price so it would only go up but it was very frustrating to bid that long and end up with nothing. later i found another item that i liked and once agian bid on it hoping not to repete that last bidding and it is supposed to be a one of a kind peice of art, being an artist i appericate this kind of thing so i bid and bid for over and hour to win the item. I was pleased with my winning peice if the estimated retail is correct and the authenticity is true. i paid and once agian was charged almost instently on my card and once agian I am still waiting for my item. according to the site the second was shipped out two days after the first but the fedex site says it was the same day only a few days ago. I don't like being lied to or "mislead" and I feel that this site has a way of wording things so you don't know you are going to be screwed around but you think you are getting a deal. I have kept all correspondence with bidz and if my items are not as they are advertised to be I will be talking to a lawyer!
    I will post a final opinion when i actually recive my items that are expected to be here in another week. not very happy now......:madgo:

REALLY SORRY A FEW ARE HAVING PROBLEMS. I'VE WON EARRINGS, NECKLACES, BRACELETS AND WATCHES AND SO FAR HAVE GOTTEN EXACTLY WHAT THE AUCTION LISTED. I'M A HAPPY CAMPER HERE. EVEN GOT FREE SHIPPING EVEN THO I DIDNT BUY $250 TODAY :spin2:

hi,im posting this in responce to what i think is a lot of wrong statements .I dont work for Bidz.com and i personally have bought in excess of 20,000 stirling from Bidz.com.If you are stupid and have no brain then dont bid on anything anywhere never mind Bidz.com .Like a previous posting ,i have resold my purchases on ebay for 3 times the amount i paid for them on bidz.com .Just a word though ,that a minimum mark up .One necklace i bought off Bidz.com i paid 1,000.00 for and guess how much it has been valued at here in the UK ? A proper valuation not a made up apraisal and done by a certified valuer valued that necklace at 9,800.00 stirling .So if thats not good value i dont know what is .I have no reason what so ever to post on here other than to inform you all of the disinfomation being placed on here by a lot of individuals .And yes Bidz.com isnt a place where any idiot can sell on either like say Ebay for one .

i agree speedy. great site so far with me. just got a pair of amethyst earrings last nite cheap. i think one of the problems some are having is the diamonds. you have to read the descriptions well. eye clean means there's alot of trash in it you can see. if you're looking for perfect have to look for that. brush up on the ratings. but i have nothing bad to say about them. im a vet tech and money can be a problem sometimes but this site helps alot.

i am so sorry to hear how much trouble people have had with bidz i love them, i have bought everything from watches to rings to necklaces to earings and have been very happy. and no i dont work for them lol. i will say that there is a bit of a learning curve tho, the first thing i bought took a really long time to come because i picked the cheaper and slower shipping, and a watch was way bigger than i imagined, you do have to read carefully and figure out the sises of things, and if they are genuine or created, and their rubies are cloudy, tho i still love mine. i have worn my jewlery into more than one jewlery store and had both the jewlers and the goldsmiths ask if they can see my rings, they were asonished at how beautiful they r and wanted to know where i bought such diffrent peices and how much they cost me! i will never buy retail again and i suspect that some people who dont like bidz are jewlers who just cant compete anymore.