+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: bidz.com

bidz.com

any comments regarding bidz.com . I just found out about this site through one of those survey thangs. legit?

Re: bidz.com

I had recently just purchased a necklace from them that I won,took 15 days for the necklace! I thought at first I had lost my money from a scam but THEY ARE REAL!!!!!! Good luck! :)

jimpp, it's unfortunate for you that there is no cure for stupid.

Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by bricksmasher
    any comments regarding bidz.com . I just found out about this site through one of those survey thangs. legit?
    i am glad people are talking about it. i recently got caought in the middle of the auction and spend $400.00 on stuff not that they have not actually send my product i am rethinking if the quality of the stuff is true

There are many different auction sites, Yahoo Auctions, Ubid.com, Overstock Auctions, Amazon Auctions, Bid Monkey, Bidville, On Sale.com and so on. While I have heard of Bidz.com a couple of years ago as with any auction site, including Ebay, buyer beware. While many are legit you are still dealing with individual sellers in most cases and if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is, but that doesn't lessen the legitimacy of the auction site. When I first hopped on the overstock Auction bandwagon when they first opened their site also flocked all the scammers, even though we all know Overstock.com to be a completely legit site, the fact that all sellers were starting out with the same 0 feedback made it a scammers dream as they couldn't be spotted amongst legitimate sellers and the fact that it is run by Overstock gave a false sense of security to potential buyers. Yahoo auctions also was once known for being notorious for fraudulent sellers because of their EXTREMELY lax policies in doing anything to prevent it, which made Yahoo Auctions a haven for scammers, and being backed and run by Yahoo again provided a false sense of security to buyers. I don't know if Yahoo still has the same bad reputation for its auctions as I left there in either 2001 or 2002 when they started to charge fees, as they don't have enough traffic to be worth paying for compared to Ebay. Yahoo Auctions has since returned to being free about a year and a half ago, and I might give it a whirl again, since it is where I orginally started.
    Last edited by Kyrsten; 01-11-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bricksmasher
    You have to be very careful and very sure that you are getting what you bid for and its price. If you have to return it you will lose 15 percent of what you paid. They have a way of saying it was true to description with no other entity to judge whether its true or not. So of course, you will always have to lose fifteen percent of what you paid. Easy way to make money isn't it?

run the other way!!!

the site is a scam, when you recieve the junk diamonds and try to send them back they keep far more than the 15% restocking fee they have listed.

if your lucky enough to get any of your money back.

I was lucky, I paid by credit card at least so recieved some money back.

if you want a real picture of this company go to better business bureau site and you will see them listed as a F rated company.

that is horrible !! :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrsten
    There are many different auction sites, Yahoo Auctions, Ubid.com, Overstock Auctions, Amazon Auctions, Bid Monkey, Bidville, On Sale.com and so on. While I have heard of Bidz.com a couple of years ago as with any auction site, including Ebay, buyer beware. While many are legit you are still dealing with individual sellers in most cases and if it sounds to good to be true chances are it is, but that doesn't lessen the legitimacy of the auction site.

On Bidz.com, you are generally not dealing with an individual seller. If you look, 90% of the auctions are posted by the company. The rest are listed under merchant auctions. They have pretty strict guidelines in order to get a seller account with them. I personally have purchased quite a bit of jewelry and gemstones from them, and I am always pleased.

I see that on A LOT OF forums people are posting about bad quality OR even very bad support.
    Money back guarantee => they do but you need to pay 15% restocking + shipping costs. Then they put it for sale again ! They always win...

I have found this excellent idea to help those customers.

http://forums.dealofday.com/showthre...highlight=bidz
    (I know it is an url of other forum site, but it would help if everybody does this !)

What do you think ? Because I almost purchased with them. They already cheat on their shipping costs to !!
    I have read somewhere that you need to pay $30 for the certificate if available !

This company is traded on Nasdaq ?? Can a company like this, get listed so easily ?

About those complaints I found just type "bidz.com" in google, you will find many many complaints like http://www.ripoffreport.com/searchre...0&searchtype=0

This post isn't to spam or anything, maybe it could help all those "ripped off" customers !

Let me know...

After hearing a couple of times of "Better Business Bureau", I searched for it :-) Found it in Google, then I searched about Bidz.com

Read it all here :
    http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Bu...aintExperience

Luckely I never one an auction on their site...

I bought from them a few times but after the last, HELL NO... I am done. They charged my account twice for it. I almost never got my money back. It took me contacting the BBB to get it straight.

Look them up on the Better Business Bureau website. They have some hideous scores.

I have purchased a LOT of jewelry from bidz.com. It has always been exactly what was listed in the auction. Also, you can purchase gem/jewelry reports of their items for 33$ if it is a high ticket item I suggest doing so.
    I guess there -is- a possibility that I got "lucky" every time I've bought from them, but I've made thousands from them.

When you look at the "F" rating on the BBB you have to think about how they get their ratings. Example: More people report a bad experience to the BBB than a good experience. Once they get enough bad experiences sent to them they have no choice but to give an "F". If you want to trust the BBB on this one that's fine with me, because instead of you buying the jewelry from bidz.com you'll be buying MY jewelry off eBay. However if you want to make a better profit, do your research on Jewelry BEFORE you bid on bidz.com. EVERY uneducated bidder on bidz.com will have a bad experience SIMPLY because they will bid too high on an item that they will try to resell somewhere else and lose money. All I've experienced with bidz.com has been good. Please take what I have said and make a decision yourself to see what is right for you.

Bidz continues to spam youknowwhoslist using redirectors such as jewelrybidsite. com and ult5.com.

Quote Originally Posted by skamkilla View Post
    Bidz continues to spam youknowwhoslist using redirectors such as jewelrybidsite. com and ult5.com.
    Don't forget Isaybid.com that one spams the everloving bejeezus out of "youknowho" list. :freak3:

15. 04-11-2009, 11:00 PM

16. 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

Reason
    overpost

Now they use "finejewelrybids.com" in their CL spam.

It sounds like bidz is a site to avoid. But I have to ask, as someone who is getting fed up with the eBay system, what ELSE is there?