+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

janglefish to ambit

Well he's at it again. "MLM Hall of Shamer" Chris Chambless of Janglefish fame is launching another MLM called Ambit Energy and preparing to scam another generation of unsuspecting folks hoping for a better way. I found out the hard way that Chabless couldn't be trusted at Janglefish when I paid my money and later found out that they had lost their only vendor months before. But Chabless forgot to tell the reps as he continued to line his pockets with sign up fees. This little trick landed Chambless in the "MLM Hall of Shame" with the MLM watchdog organization World Wide Scam. Check out the whole story at the link below. Be sure and click on "The Rise and Fall of MLM Music" to read how it all came down.

http://www.hawaiionline.biz/janglealt.htm

I guess he's run through all his Janglefish money and is back with Ambit Energy. Chambless conveniently leaves his "Hall of Shame" title off his Ambit resume as well as his experience heading Janglefish. You'd think if you were starting a new MLM that you would at least mention that you are the founder of another MLM. I guess I don't blame the guy. Who would want to bet their financial future on a jerk with this kind of track record? When this gets out Ambit is dead in the water. If you're thinking of teaming up with Chambless and Ambit let me give you some advice- RUN.
    Any other former Janglers out there with your own rip off stories?

Re: janglefish to ambit

Well, it's even worse than that. As I understand it, Janglefisherman Chambless has hooked up with two real winners.
    Hunltley Bakich, a sleazeball who is so corrupt that even other questionable types from Excel want to distance themselves (do you remember Lou Holtz *****slapping one of his players on the sidelines like a little girl? That was Huntley.)
    Jere Thompson and family, possibly the Premier Texas Genetic Code in Bankruptcy World

Hell, Thompson I hear just took another one of his startups into bankruptcy a few months ago! What does anybody know about this?

taknoid Guest

Before Janglefish, there was Pwrnet (Powernet ISP mlm) from the mid 1990's. Paul Booth was at the helm with that deal selling toll free dial up nation wide.After getting busted for stealing ATT 800 numbers, Powernet ran everyone's credit card for $300 then disappeared. Powernet had an organization of about 20,000 subscribers. Thats a lot of money!

Janglefish was more than just Chris Chambless. Paul Booth was his right hand man. When Janglefish launched, I notified Bob Burtis of this fact and Bob went to work.

Another nice thing about the arrogant Paul Booth, he also uses his association with The Salvation Army and being a Christian to dispel any reservations as to doing business with him.

If Paul Booth is part of this new deal, you can bet, you will be at risk of identity theft as well!

Beware of Paul Booth. If he is envolved with any company, you can bet, it is a scam!

Taknoid

Those poor unsuspecting reps at Ambit have no idea what they are getting into. Can you imagine hanging your hopes on a slimeball like Chambless (not to mention the others). It's hard enough to deal with some of the negative perceptions MLM has without having to live down the "MLM Hall of Shame". I mean out of all the scammers in the world Chambless is pretty bad to be named to the top ten or so worst offenders of all time.

At Janglefish he kept taking money from new reps for months when his vendor contract had already been pulled (because he was scamming the vendor also and breaking their contract). Then he got caught and closed up shop in the middle of the night.

Ambit won't have a chance when it get's out that their fearless leader is a repeat scammer. Remember, a leopard never changes its spots.

Can you give me more details about Janglefish?? I signed up with Ambit and you now have me extremely concerned on a go forward basis. I don't care about the initial money I am more concerned about the viability and future.

max

Mark my word, when the consultants at Ambit find out about Chris Chambless' history at Janglefish it will be all over. They will run like lemmings over a cliff to escape. Here's the only question that matters- why is Janglefish left off of Chris Chambless' resume. You would think that if you founded another MLM that would be featured not hidden, unless you didn't want anybody to know that what happened landed in in the "MLM Hall of Shame".

Check out www.worldwidescam.com and find Chambless and the worst MLM offenders in the nation (including his Ambit parrtner Dan Robinson).

Check out http://www.hawaiionline.biz/janglealt.htm and read the lurid story of how Chambless lied to his Janglefish partners until he was found out and then closed up shop in the middle of the night and left town.

folks,

I have been on the Ignite/Stream energy thread for over a year. Hilariously it turns out many of the principals with that energy firm are also losers from Excel as at least 2 of the 3 Ambit principals are.

http://www.ambitenergy.com/pdfs/Ambi...NAL_071306.pdf

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1997/0324/5906063a.html

...........In a pyramid selling scheme, the mass of salespeople at the bottom line up a handful of customers to buy the product or service. Many of the salespeople will bring in only a small volume of business, but if you have enough of them the business will mushroom. Typical products: cosmetics (Mary Kay), household goods (Amway), vitamins (Shaklee).

The folks who make money aren't the ones who move the goods. The big money goes to the people who recruit the salespeople and to the people who recruit the people who recruit the salespeople. If you convince a customer to become a sales rep, you get not just a commission on his phone bill but also an override on any customers he recruits, and so on down the pyramid. ;

At Dallas, Tex.-based Excel, the salesman at the top, former high school football coach Paul Orberson, earns $1 million a month. The company trumpets his success in order to haul in new recruits.

Representatives are encouraged to sign up their relatives and friends as customers (shades of MCI's Friends & Family plan). That keeps turnover low, at least among the customers. "My mom isn't going to quit Excel for a check from AT&T. She is loyal to me," says Excel representative Clinton O'Rear, a part-time marketing consultant in Dallas. Still, there is plenty of turnover among the sales reps 80% don't even last a year.
    Most recruits pay $195 to join, often mesmerized by visions of emulating Orberson. Excel is the country's fifth-largest long distance company, with 4.1 million customers. But Excel also boasts 1 million sales reps. That means the average Excel rep has only four customers, and one of them is himself. No wonder the turnover is so high.
    The average Excel monthly bill is $28, and the commission at the bottom is 2%. That means the average salesman at the bottom is hauling in all of $20 a year in commissions. The few who climb the pyramid do better, collecting besides commissions bonuses when reps in their pyramid sign up new customers.

In the manner of a chain-letter scheme, the pyramid relies on a stream of new recruits for its prosperity. The company netted a fat $144 million on revenue of $1.4 billion last year. Minus the $195 recruiting fees, though, Excel would have been in the red........
    Soapboxmom

soapboxmom is correct. Chambless was a minor player at Excel. Nothing important. But at Janglefish he was the founder and head fish. What is there to hide? I would think this type of high level experience would be on the top of his resume. But no, this is not something that they want anybody at Ambit to know about.

WOW I am reading your posts and seriously question my joining Ambit. What can i do with my downline that i have built up??

Mr Smith or Soapboxmom any help would be appreciated...
    Last edited by maxcom99; 08-22-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Mr. Smith,

My response has nothing to do with Janglefish or the "next " best deal.
    My question is , are you a part of mlm watchdog?...

Are you hiding under a different name???

mlm watchdog is nothing but a scheme that tells on other schemes.
    Trust me. I know this and I'm sure you know me.

It's one thing to be concerned about the "average" folks but it's another to take advantage of those folks by starting a company that "tells" on other companies thus MLM watchdog.

You are nothing but a scheme as the likes of those companies that you scream"scam".

If you had that much knowledge about MLM companies, then I would think that you owed it to the rest of us to start a company.

I know more about you than you know.

ok7

Max- you have a choice; you can either keep working your Ambit business and hide this information about the "MLM Hall of Shame" king Chris Chambless from your friends and family (in which case you are headed for the inevitable day when you are going to be very embaressed when everyone finds out) or you can tell the truth about what you have discovered and let everyone make up their own mind about what to do.

I know because I was there when Janglefish came tumbling down as the hands of the shameless Chambless. It took me years to rebuild my relationships. Either way it is only a matter of time before the leopard shows his spots again.

Mr Smith,

I have been looking into your statements and the website that was listed for this information. I have too say I have more questions about your validity and the website that is set up to expose these supposed scams.

In my research I also found a website www.worldwidescamexposed.com that paints a very interesting picture about the operator (Bob Burtis) of the website that has been utilized to expose these HALL OF SHAME Inductees. So I have a couple of questions to ask you since you said you where there at janglefish.

1) How come no records of lawsuits naming Mr Chambless as a defendant?
    2) No FTC investigation information?
    3) What ever happened to the company Streamwaves?
    4) Who exactly lost money?

I have decided to stay at Ambit because I completely disagree with your character attacks about Mr Chambless and his partners. I guess the only thing I can say is I will be waiting for the leopard to show his spots as you say.

Max

Did all of the Ignite people change their screen name to come on to this thread and bash Ambit?

Let the mud slinging begin between these two companies.
    What a joke.

Folks,

I linked the comp plan for Ambit and it is very similiar to the plan for Ignite. Ignite just published earnings tables.

http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=2...postcount=3355

I want to invite you to check out the Ignite thread. It is very long so you might want to read the last few pages first and then skim the rest. That thread should give you an idea of just where this deal is headed. The earnings are truly abysmal and the reps are only averaging 4.75 customers a piece including themselves. So, if you are debating whether to continue with Ambit or bail this will give you some excellent info.

I will also note that I was threatened with lawsuits by the lawyer for Ignite, so our truth telling here is getting principals of these deals on these threads under various guises. That tells you how desperate they are to keep the masses brainwashed. They don't like moms with calculators. Coincidentally both operate out of Dallas. You could invite your downline here and they will be able to make an informed decision as well.

Max, I would like to point out that on the Ignite thread we to had many comments on the principals that were disparaging, but we pulled info directly from the Public Utility Commission file and published news reports. The originators of these schemes are often serial scammers who just set up one after another of these MLMs to empty the pockets of thousands of recruits that are doomed to lose by the design of the comp plans. Remember all the money is funnelled upward in what I call trickle up economics. So, please take a look at Ignite's earnings and give us your take.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6892&page=1&pp=40

Best of luck to all of you facing a very tough decision!

Soapboxmom

You guys watch out for Soapboxmom :) The kids are at school. Therefor she has more time on her hands to throw hammers at the scammers! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wishyouknew
    You guys watch out for Soapboxmom :) The kids are at school. Therefor she has more time on her hands to throw hammers at the scammers! :D
    The kiddies are homeschooled. There is nothing like a little MLM math to augment our lessons and demonstrate the real world applications of what we study. Won't it be fun to see what comments we get on the abysmal earnings figures for these energy opportunities?

Soapboxmom