+ Reply to Thread

Here's What We're Dealing With on the Right

Just how crazy does one have to be before they are unqualified to be President of the United States? Or for that matter, how crazy does a party's "base" have to be before that party is so compromised by idiots that it should not even be allowed to field a damn candidate?

President OBama has been a disappointment in many respects. Though in all fairness, it was an uphill climb from the very beginning to clean up the mess the Bush administration had left behind. BUT, neither the liberals nor the democrats have behaved so evil and contrary to how Jesus said we were to behave. This, is what the Republican Party (and many conservatives) has fallen to and why I left it years ago. I pity this poor misguided soul and any who condone this behavior when they stand before the Lord and give an accounting for their actions.

Kansas GOP House Speaker "Prays" That Obama's "Children Be Fatherless and His Wife a Widow"

ThinkProgress reported last week that Kansas House Speaker Mike O'Neal (R) was forced to apologize to First Lady Michelle Obama after forwarding an email to fellow lawmakers that called her "Mrs. YoMama" and compared her to the Grinch.

Earlier that same week, the Lawrence Journal-World was sent another email that O'Neal had forwarded to House Republicans that referred to President Obama and a Bible verse that says "Let his days be few" and calls for his children to be without a father and his wife to be widowed.

Nick Sementelli at Faith in Public Life notes that Psalm 109, which is a prayer for the death of a leader, became a popular conservative meme after Obama's election. The "tongue-in-cheek" prayer for the president was seen on bumper stickers. The relevant part of the psalm reads

:"Let his days be few; and let another take his office
    May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow.

May his children be wandering beggars; may they be driven from their ruined homes.

May a creditor seize all he has; may strangers plunder the fruits of his labor.

May no one extend kindness to him or take pity on his fatherless children."

O'Neal forwarded the prayer with his own message:

"At last - I can honestly voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up - it is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray. Brothers and Sisters, can I get an AMEN? AMEN!!!!!!"

O'Neal's office refuses to apologize for the email, insisting that the message was only referring to Obama's days in office. Sementelli notes the response of a Rockford Register Star columnist who explains why this excuse won't do.

Speaking to a reader he writes, "You say that verse 8 of Psalm 109, as applied to President Obama, does not suggest a wish for his death. But the first five words of verse 8 are: 'Let his days be few.' And verse 9 says: 'Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.'...You suggest yourself that scripture should not be 'taken out of context.' Well, the context of Psalm 109 is a wish for someone's death."

Last edited by sojustask; 01-14-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Re: Here's What We're Dealing With on the Right

Young Jewish Man: Rabbi, may I as you a question?
    Rabbi: Certainly, my son.
    Young Jewish Man: Is there a proper blessing for the Tsar?
    Rabbi: A blessing for the Tsar? Of course! May God bless and keep the Tsar... far away from us!

-Fiddler on the Roof

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Young Jewish Man: Rabbi, may I as you a question?
    Rabbi: Certainly, my son.
    Young Jewish Man: Is there a proper blessing for the Tsar?
    Rabbi: A blessing for the Tsar? Of course! May God bless and keep the Tsar... far away from us!

-Fiddler on the Roof
    Thank you mumbles once again for proving Lady Mod's point.

Why do you all you far right wingers have to continually prove the worst things said about you within 3 posts or less?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Your gifs aren't working because part of the name of the site they're hosted on gets changed to the word "beep".
    What the beep are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbie Zirconia View Post
    What the beep are you talking about?
    Exactly...lol
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers