+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dynamic Wealth Academy

Hello everyone. Has anyone heard of the Dynamic Wealth Academy? They are marketing a system to "bring buyers and sellers of defaulted loans together." :confused:

Re: Dynamic Wealth Academy

hi ruth i'm looking in to this one also. it sounds great maybe to great but i can hope that it may be ok..... what do you think?

Hi Ruth - you bet I am happy to hopefully steer you away from these people.
    Just returned from our local library where the librarian and I were attempting to find a telephone listing for DWA. None to be found in any directory. Then he pulled up Scam.com and there you waz. My intent is to determine who the resident agent is for the State of Oregon. I intend to file suit for recovery of my substantial cash outlay. DWA is a Utah organization of unknown structure. Once they have your money they are most difficult to contact and the have a habit of not returning calls or keeping appointments. Yesterday my "coach", a lady from Boulder, Co was not available at our scheduled time of 11:00AM but left word with a secertary that I would be called at 5:00pm - another "no show".
    By the way I do contact them on their 800 numbers but there is no local line listing in any phone book. :mad: :( -did I do those right?

removed by author.
    Last edited by paulms; 08-14-2006 at 12:58 AM. Reason: removed for safety/liability issues

I got their marketing material in the mail today. I did some quick research with the BBB and found the following:

1. Local phone number is 801-968-8441
    2. Toll Free # is 888-678-0994
    3. 2 additional addresses, 1 in Draper Utah and a second SLC, Utah address
    4. It's a corporation
    5. Registered agent is Teressa Toombs
    6. Not a BBB member
    7. In business since May 2005
    8. Also does business under the name America's Consulting Services, Inc.

I also checked with the Utah Department of Commerce. The company is in good standing. Teressa Toombs address is: 876 E. Vine Street in Murray, Utah 84107. According to whitepages.com, her phone number is: 801-281-2727. Apparently she runs a company from her home called Elite Accountants which is a member of the Murray, Utah Chamber of Commerce. The company's website is www.eliteaccountants.us. Her email address is teressa@eliteaccountants.us

I sure found a lot of info. Hope it helps.

Hi MrFreedom,
    Thanks for posting this info! It's helpful. I just paid the $9.95 yesterday for the book and DVD info kit. I'm curious to see what it's all about. I hope it's a real home biz opp. Will have to wait and see.
    Thanks again!
    starlighter

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreedom
    I got their marketing material in the mail today. I did some quick research with the BBB and found the following:

1. Local phone number is 801-968-8441
    2. Toll Free # is 888-678-0994
    3. 2 additional addresses, 1 in Draper Utah and a second SLC, Utah address
    4. It's a corporation
    5. Registered agent is Teressa Toombs
    6. Not a BBB member
    7. In business since May 2005
    8. Also does business under the name America's Consulting Services, Inc.

I also checked with the Utah Department of Commerce. The company is in good standing. Teressa Toombs address is: 876 E. Vine Street in Murray, Utah 84107. According to whitepages.com, her phone number is: 801-281-2727. Apparently she runs a company from her home called Elite Accountants which is a member of the Murray, Utah Chamber of Commerce. The company's website is www.eliteaccountants.us. Her email address is teressa@eliteaccountants.us

I sure found a lot of info. Hope it helps.

Hello Folks,

My name is John Anthony. I am a part the the Dynamic Wealth Academy's organization. I found out about this thread only because our outside accountant Teressa pointed it out to me. Let me start off by saying I know many of you coming here have many questions about our company and what we do. If anyone has questions you can email them to dwa.reviewboard@gmail.com. This email is checked a couple times a week and we will do our best to field any questions you may have.

Teressa is simply an outside accountant. She knows nothing about our business except the numbers she needs to do our taxes. Asking her questions is like asking our phone tech about our business opportunity. Because of this, please do not email her questions anymore, she is very busy and this is disruptive for her. If you do email her she will simply respond with a basic email saying to email us with questions at the aforementioned email.

Regards,

John

Bonbee? It sounds like you are a current student of ours. I would like to address your concerns. Please email me your name and number at dwa.reviewboard@gmail.com so I can be of service.

-John

John,
    To avoid future inquiries to Teressa, it would be a good idea if your company's marketing materials had contact info. It would also help if your website had a section accessible to non-members. Had this been the case, I would not have had to have done so much sleuthing.

Brian

Brian. All of our marketing materials have our 800# on them. The letter we send out as well as the 9.95 book and dvd order.

So I got my book and dvd today! The dvd is a live seminar (about 60 minutes) about what they teach/do: defaulted mortgages/notes,debt settlement, and stop foreclosures.
    I skimmed through the book (200+pages) and it looks pretty good. I mean, interesting info.
    At the end of the book is the clincher. They want you to attend a 3 day (full day) training for which you need to be interviewed first to see if you are really serious about it or not. (they cant invest time and resources to train those who arent serious).
    From what I read, this seems like a legit business, but I dont know really. I am able to get live people on the phone at their 1-800 number (i've called twice and spoke with a friendly receptionist)and my next step is to talk to one of their "consultants". What I am worried about now is I am wondering if they will want me to go to the 3 day seminar (which I cant do) and if I cant make it to that I am betting they will want me to spend $1000 or something to buy the training kit.(this happened to me before with another "cash flow" company a few years ago)
    Please know I am just guessing at this. When I know more for sure I will post again.
    Has anyone here gone thru their training? How much do they want for it???Did you get anything out of it? Did they want you to buy something else at the end of the training?
    If anyone has more info, please post!
    Thanks!
    starlighter

I received a mailing from Dynamic Wealth Academy, so I "googled" the name and came up with this thread on scam.com. After sending an email to Mr. Anthony requesting more info, I called the 888 number. I was surprised and disappointed to get a recording that the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service . . .

I don't know if this is a scam, but I talked to John last week. The pitch started fairly normal, but then I felt like I was being pressured into making a decision to commit before I could find out how much I would have to "invest."

Finally got around to the hook, which was 5k, to be placed on a credit card.

Long story short I told them I wouldn't put it on a credit card, would they be willing to take the fee from my first deal, answer was no. So I hung up. It may not be a scam, but smells "fishy" to me...

starlighter,
    Do you think you learned enough from the dvd and book to make money or would it be difficult to do without going to the overpriced seminar and learning more?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by mrfreedom
    starlighter,
    Do you think you learned enough from the dvd and book to make money or would it be difficult to do without going to the overpriced seminar and learning more?

Brian
    Hi Brian,
    Well, it's just real basic info on the dvd and at the end of the dvd (live seminar) he asks everyone who is serious about making money to go to another room where it will be explained to them. That's the end of the dvd.

The book goes into quite a bit more detail. Whether it's enough to actually go out and make money off of, I dont know. I doubt it, but it is informative. I only read the first 30 pages or so and skimmed the rest so I may have missed some things.

Being the devil's advocate here for a moment, I would think that if they are asking for $5000 for their program (as the previous poster before you wrote..sorry forgot your name!) they can afford to make a real nice, spiffy looking, long book with enough info to make it look all professional and legit.
    I must say I was impressed with the book, when you compare it to other mail order stuff that comes in the mail. But, it could just be the bait on the hook. I would still be very cautious about this offer.

If you are curious enough, I'd say pay the 9.95 for the dvd and book just to see for yourself.
    I havent called the company yet for more info. If I do I'll post more when I know more.

Is their 888 phone number really disconnected now?? Hmmmm, that would not be a good sign. Just last week I got thru to the receptionist twice.

starlighter

I couldn't find this company in ripoffreport.com, looks as if that's not the only place to research. Any way I ordered and am waiting for package.

In their mailing material was:

"5 Things You Don't Need to Succeed" . . .# 1 says "You don't need a lot of money."

"Your book and DVD.....will answer all your questions and tell you everything you need to know about this fantastic money maker to get started."

"Everything you need to find and negotiate deals is provided! Nothing is left to chance!"

"AND THE BEST PART: We teach you how to make $3,000 - $12,000 a month in additional income without ...Spending any money!"

When am I going to learn? If this so-called seminar at $5K is mandatory, then the above quotes from their sales literature is clearly false advertising.

As is defined in "Truthful Advertising" ... material should be so truthful as even the most gullible of us wouldn't expect more than they offer.

If this seminar is mandatory, I'll return the material for a refund, then I'll be contacting the Utah State Attorney General, United States Postal Service Fraud Division and the Federal Trade Commission.

When am I going th learn? :(
    Last edited by 11969546; 09-07-2006 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typographical changes