+ Reply to Thread

Is getestore.com a scam

I do selling online and i am wondering if this site is for real, they want 49.95 to start and 29.95 a yr but they dont even show what products they offer and at what prices

Re: Is getestore.com a scam

I have done of tons of research in regards to dropshipping, and based on feedback and my own experiences, I have concluded that any online dropshippers like MegaGoods/Get E-store, Over Stock, Netdropshipper, Doba, Dropship Design are scamming you. The four reasons I said this is because

1) Most are middle man who charge products that are above wholesale;
    2) They infliate the retail price thinking you are getting it wholesale;
    3) Customer service is horrible;
    4) Most will charge a montly/yearly fee to join

However, I do agree that dropshipping is a good way for people at home to make a honest living, but it comes down to finding the right supplier, working hard and yes, investing some money (this is the part people don't want to tell you, but you have to).

So, here are few thinkings that will help you:

1) DON'T SELL ON EBAY! I feel into this trap big time. Also Ebays Fee went up again a few days ago.

2) SELL YOUR PRODUCTS ONLINE USING YOUR E-COMMERCE WEB SITE! This is where the investing the money is required (ie: Designing the website, pay-Click Marketing)

3) Goto www.worldwidebrands and purchase there list of dropshippers. This list is for Dropshippers that are offline, anotherwords they don't advertise themselves online.... they don't focus on small business because there market is the bigger companies out there with the money

4) Get an business ID. The list of dropshippers from Worldwide brands require to have a business name and ID. Also they don't charge you to join and there products are true wholesale pricing, but please realiase that the profit margins are only between 5%to 10%. So if you want to sell Xbox 360 Premium package you will pay $387.00 and the retail price is about $399.99, profit about $13.00.

Have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by baxite
    I do selling online and i am wondering if this site is for real, they want 49.95 to start and 29.95 a yr but they dont even show what products they offer and at what prices
    I suggest that you don't deal with getestore.com.

There are numerous complaints about this company.
    on Internet Fraud bureau.

The fact that they don't show what products they offer and what price is a major red flag.
    Don't get scammed. Check out all opportunities or Companies before doing business.

GetEStore is a scam from what I've read online. Also, they have other sites under different names. NetDropShipper, etc.

I think I finally found a legit dropshipper online called DSDI. Their website is http://www.dropshipdirect.com/.

They are a member of the BBB, but only since March of this year. They have a satisfactory record. I am pretty sure even if they weren't a member, complaints can still be filed against them.

They require you to have a Tax Id# to buy from them and submit an application. I'm going to give Ebay a shot even though it was posted on here not to because of their fees. At this point I can't afford to invest in an ECommerce site of my own.

I work fulltime and live paycheck to paycheck. My wife homeschools our children so I bring home the bacon (bologna in my case). Just want to make some extra money. :)

Thanks guys, I appreicate your ffed back, I was thinking the same that I need to invest in my own site, and I am tired of those ebay fees, they add up and not to mention the paypal fees...I will look up that offline dropshipper..thanks again

Hi

I did some reserch on getestore.com and Dropshipping Design. I read nothing good about them and they didn't even try to defend themself from the negative remarks. :eek:

Recently I was seriously considering to join Dropshipping Design until I decided to do some further research, and thank goodness I did not join.

I found a dropshipper that seems to look good, www.insupply.com the only thing, I can not find anything about them good or bad. I just wondering does anyone know anything about them. :confused:

Anyways take a look at their site www.insupply.com and let me know what you think. :)

Also I like to keep my options open, could anyone recommend a trustworthy droppshipers with a proven track record.

Also I am from Canada it should be avaliable to Canadian residents also.

Any response would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks
    Last edited by research; 10-31-2006 at 09:03 AM.

I found that dropshippers are not really that easy to work with. I found that the ones online like the ones previously mentioned like Doba spell it out really well. I found this info that is some of the most interesting drop ship information that I have found. http://www.doba.com/how/drop-shipping-basics.html">drop shipping wholesaler information
    This shows how dropshipping works and how to get started. Drop shipping really is the best way to get started but it's not necessarily going to give you the cheapest prices, however you eliminate buying upfront and housing the inventory.

Good luck
    Craig

I found that dropshippers are not really that easy to work with. I found that the ones online like the ones previously mentioned like Doba spell it out really well. I found this info that is some of the most interesting drop ship information that I have found. http://www.doba.com/how/drop-shipping-basics.html This shows how dropshipping works and how to get started. Drop shipping really is the best way to get started but it's not necessarily going to give you the cheapest prices, however you eliminate buying upfront and housing the inventory.

Good luck
    Craig