+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 35

  1. #17
    Yawn...'s Avatar
    Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Sounds good to me.

    (We are going to get ourselves in trouble
    Mumbles is looking. We better knock this off.)
    I suspect Mumbles is a party animal !

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    A married couple accused of shooting up heroin in a gas station bathroom on Christmas Eve while their two school-aged children were left in the family’s car face felony drug and child endangerment charges, Darien Police said on Monday.

    Andrew L. Burr, 25, and Georgina R. Burr, 27, both of the western Illinois town of Walnut, were arrested at about 7 p.m. on Dec. 24 after someone inside the gas station called police, reporting two kids – ages 4 and 10 – had been left alone in a car for about 15 minutes, police said.

    Officers called to the station knocked on the door of the women’s bathroom and found the couple with dilated pupils that would not constrict in the light, said Officer Nick Skweres of the Darien Police. Officers also found hypodermic syringe parts in the bathroom garbage and noticed blood marks on the floor, Skweres said. A loaded syringe and a small amount of heroin were found in the woman’s possession, he said.

    http://triblocal.com/darien/2012/01/...christmas-eve/


    okay, marijuana is not heroin. you spend your money on marijuana, then you say, we can't pay for our child's medical care or education - the government has to pay.

    you say: we can't feed our children, got to have food stamps.

    i say, if you have enough money to pay all your bills and give your children whatever they need, then you can spend the rest of your money as you please.

    but, please, don't tell me i have to contribute to you because you spent your money on drugs.


    BTW, i never have any money left over for drugs, because i think it is my responsibility to make sure i'm not a charity case if i lose my job. i like having money in the bank. if you haven't got an emergency fund, you can't afford any drugs, either.

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Lol. I love that on the one hand you complain that the government restricts cigarettes because you're an adult and can decide what to do with your money, but on the other hand its ok to restrict marijuana because you don't want people wasting their money on that.

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    i didn't complain, i just pointed to the reality - smoking anything is not allowed most places, already. they don't know or care what you want to smoke, it's no smoking!

    people that got kids should be spending money on tobacco, or alcohol, either.
    Last edited by mumbles; 01-12-2012 at 03:18 AM.

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Forget POT

    Let's go to Vegas and get DRUNK

    Groupon has 90% off deals
    People who drive drunk run stop signs.
    People who drive high wait for them to turn green.

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
    People who drive drunk run stop signs.
    People who drive high wait for them to turn green.
    I was just kidding around when I said lets get drunk.

    There are dangers when driving if a driver is under the influence of drugs. Prescription drugs as well as alcohol and pot can cause an accident. Cell phones and many other things that distract a driver from paying attention.

    Pot can cause paranoia and that in itself could cause an accident. You shouldn't be under the influence of a drug that is impairing your ability to pay attention when driving.

    The discussion is about legalizing marijuana for medical purposes. If a person has cancer etc. and is using marijuana to relieve discomfort, they still have to be responsible when driving.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    I was just kidding around when I said lets get drunk.

    There are dangers when driving if a driver is under the influence of drugs. Prescription drugs as well as alcohol and pot can cause an accident. Cell phones and many other things that distract a driver from paying attention.

    Pot can cause paranoia and that in itself could cause an accident. You shouldn't be under the influence of a drug that is impairing your ability to pay attention when driving.

    The discussion is about legalizing marijuana for medical purposes. If a person has cancer etc. and is using marijuana to relieve discomfort, they still have to be responsible when driving.
    Exactly. Anyone using ANY drug, prescription or otherwise, is still guilty of violating the law if they're driving while under the influence.

    I don't think the drugs need to be illegal at all. I definitely think people are still responsible for their actions while USING those drugs, however.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Exactly. Anyone using ANY drug, prescription or otherwise, is still guilty of violating the law if they're driving while under the influence.

    I don't think the drugs need to be illegal at all. I definitely think people are still responsible for their actions while USING those drugs, however.
    One of the problems with using drugs is when you use some of these drugs your ability to make decisions is hampered. How many people who are high can not see how impaired they really are? It's the drug they are using that is causing them to become unhibited and not think clearly.

    Also many many crimes are committed while under the influence of drugs.
    That's debate for another topic.

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    One of the problems with using drugs is when you use some of these drugs your ability to make decisions is hampered. How many people who are high can not see how impaired they really are? It's the drug they are using that is causing them to become unhibited and not think clearly.

    Also many many crimes are committed while under the influence of drugs.
    That's debate for another topic.
    I believe drug abuse is a medical issue and not a criminal one. I also would like the government to stop legislating my choices for my own life.

    Mind you, I'm not a drug user.

    The government needs to stop overreaching and impeding our personal freedoms.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    I believe drug abuse is a medical issue and not a criminal one. I also would like the government to stop legislating my choices for my own life.

    Mind you, I'm not a drug user.

    The government needs to stop overreaching and impeding our personal freedoms.
    Maybe if you were a drug abuser and knew the horrors it brings you would look at this differently.

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,767

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    destroys families. you can't trust anything they say. in the case above, the family gave them some money, for christmas, for the children, and they drove right over to the drug dealer. now, the family will probably spend a lot for lawyers to get custody of children and keep the parents away.

    why it it so easy to find a drug dealer?

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    Maybe if you were a drug abuser and knew the horrors it brings you would look at this differently.
    Don't misunderstand me. I know very well, up close and personal, what horrors it can bring. I didn't say I was a drug virgin and I surely didn't say that those AROUND me never had drug issues.

    However, it isn't the government's place to legislate our life choices.

    We also found out, during the Prohibition, that people don't WANT the government legislating our life choices, as long as WE are those making those choices. Why, then, are people so eager to allow the government to legislate the life choices of others?

    The only reason why other forms of intoxicants are illegal is because of lobbyist groups who pushed for the government to outlaw them. That's how Prohibition began, for that matter.

    As it stands now, the laws don't stop anyone from using drugs. They just send the business and profits to the cartels.

    Why not make them legal and reroute the money to our government, money that could fund medical assistance to help get people OFF the drugs if they so desire?

    What's the point of keeping vicious gangs in other countries funded?
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Don't misunderstand me. I know very well, up close and personal, what horrors it can bring. I didn't say I was a drug virgin and I surely didn't say that those AROUND me never had drug issues.

    However, it isn't the government's place to legislate our life choices.

    We also found out, during the Prohibition, that people don't WANT the government legislating our life choices, as long as WE are those making those choices. Why, then, are people so eager to allow the government to legislate the life choices of others?

    The only reason why other forms of intoxicants are illegal is because of lobbyist groups who pushed for the government to outlaw them. That's how Prohibition began, for that matter.

    As it stands now, the laws don't stop anyone from using drugs. They just send the business and profits to the cartels.

    Why not make them legal and reroute the money to our government, money that could fund medical assistance to help get people OFF the drugs if they so desire?

    What's the point of keeping vicious gangs in other countries funded?
    I do think the laws for drugs make a difference( for the good of society). How much difference, I have no idea.

    We have debated this at length on this forum. I have to admit I got really interested and learned somethings I didn't know from information Iamwil posted. I didn't change my mind though. Seems to me it is guessing and until it was tried we don't know if it would be of help or cause more harm and problems. I have read a lot of different opinion and information about this topic.
    Last edited by Tulip; 01-12-2012 at 02:09 PM.

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    destroys families. you can't trust anything they say. in the case above, the family gave them some money, for christmas, for the children, and they drove right over to the drug dealer. now, the family will probably spend a lot for lawyers to get custody of children and keep the parents away.

    why it it so easy to find a drug dealer?
    As does alcohol.

    In fact, alcohol has a far greater societal detriment than pot. There have been a number of studies, but I don't have time to google right now.

    People don't smoke pot and then abuse their wives. People don't smoke pot and then beat up their children. People don't smoke pot, and then pick fights with strangers at the bar. People do smoke pot and then eat too many doritos.

    I don't think there is any way you can argue that marijuana should be banned because of abuse, without also arguing that alcohol should be banned for the same reasons.

  15. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    As does alcohol.

    In fact, alcohol has a far greater societal detriment than pot. There have been a number of studies, but I don't have time to google right now.

    People don't smoke pot and then abuse their wives. People don't smoke pot and then beat up their children. People don't smoke pot, and then pick fights with strangers at the bar. People do smoke pot and then eat too many doritos.

    I don't think there is any way you can argue that marijuana should be banned because of abuse, without also arguing that alcohol should be banned for the same reasons.
    Many people who smoke pot also drink.
    The combination only makes for a person being more intoxicated.

    I'll admit though I was totally against the legalization of pot but now after thinking through many issues to do with all drugs I am about to say I would be for legalizing pot.
    Last edited by Tulip; 01-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,414

    Re: Mitt Romney wants to throw sick people in pris

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    I believe drug abuse is a medical issue and not a criminal one. I also would like the government to stop legislating my choices for my own life.

    Mind you, I'm not a drug user.

    The government needs to stop overreaching and impeding our personal freedoms.
    At this point the whole conversation's mute. The prison system is well on its way to privatization with stocks trading on Wall Street and the concomitant lobbying cabal to ratchet up sentencing and penalties which in turn ratchets up profitability. The conversation that matters is not what happens to society, but rather how does policy affect the bottom line of CCA et.al.
    Yeah, but hey, we're white!
    Romney/Ryan Campaign 2012

Similar Threads

  1. I like Mitt Romney now
    By Administrator in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 09:33 AM
  2. Mitt Romney Won Mississippi
    By Administrator in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 08:19 PM
  3. Mitt Romney MLM
    By Administrator in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
  4. Mitt Romney Will Win The Election
    By Line08 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 08:49 PM
  5. These people make me sick!!
    By Ccoddington3 in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •