Poll: please reply about this company

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

National Home Protection Scam

NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION (NHP) Scam

"a home warranty scam"

National Home Protection (NHP) is a scam. This is a home warranty scam.

Because of this website, I did not use American Home Shield. I found National Home Protection on the internet and they sounded pretty good as a start-up company.

They lie about which items are covered to sell a policy. I later found in the small print there are some items not covered which they lied about, just to sell the policy.

After 2 months, my AC broke. Apparently a hole developed and the pressurized Freon leaked out... a blow-out. Two of NHP's service companies inspected it with the same conclusion (a blow-out). NHP fabricated a lie that my coils were dirty filthy which caused the blow-out. The AC tech who visited denied ever saying this. According to both of their own AC techs a dirt on a coil can not cause a blow-out, just like mud on a tire has nothing to do with a blow-out. Besides both AC techs reported my unit was relatively clean.

The estimate to fix my unit is $1,500 which significantly exceedes my premium of $400.

My own AC tech (also plumming), a 3rd guy told me this company won't pay for any major repair over $300. He said they make up excuses and won't put anything in writing. NHP pays very little to contractors and promises contractors more business at higher rates because most people don't renew NHP policies.

Stay away from National Home Protection scam.

I reported them to the better business bureau, the state insurance commission, my credit card company and intend to sue them in small claims.
    Last edited by apla021; 08-02-2006 at 08:09 AM. Reason: remove poll

Re: National Home Protection Scam

Another absolute home warranty scam is Mutual Warranty
    http://www.mutualwarranty.com/ These people are CROOKS!

As soon as you enter your info (name, phone number) for a quote, someone will call you.
    They will pressure you to buy their fake warranty plans. They will tell you to give your checking number, routing number to draft the funds from your checking account. They don't want to take your credit card because "they have to pay visa/mc charges". The real reason is, you have charge back rights with a credit card, you have no protection when you give them your checking account info!

These people have a "home base" address in Denver, Colorado, but there is no such address. When you ask their sales rep detail question about their location, they can not tell you. I asked him what the nearest cross street was, and he hung up on me!

Based on Better Business Bureau files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to failure to respond to a complaint.

I Have worked with both of them , national home protection is the worst of them.... the only warranty company that has ever done something for me is mutual warranty...

I wish I could make a website that would come up with Google to trash National Home Protection (NHP). Yes, they are crooks.

I contracted for a home warranty with National Home Protection on August 10,2006 after discovering that Mutual Warranty was a scam. I authorized a partial payment of about $150 to my AMEX card.
    When I checked my statement, I discovered that over $550 was charged and the radar signals went up.

I discovered that NHP has only been registered by the NY Dept. of State to conduct business since 11/28/2005-- I was told that they had been in business for 12 years!
    Further investigation revealed that they are NOT licensed to do business in Florida (where I live).
    I called on August 28 and informed them of my findings. I truly suspect that Vadim Verveda (aka Vad Johnston, aka Devon Johnston or his cohort Olmeida Zagia) are involved with NHP.
    I cancelled the contract and was informed that I would be charged a fee. When I told a James Morestein that I would be contacting Elliott Spitzer's office ( the Attorney General for NY, where I used to live), he waived the fee.

PLEASE-- Be very leery of NHP. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of NY about this company, but it's so new that NHP is not in it's data base--YET!

As much as I dislike American Home Shield, it is the only reputable warranty company that somewhat delivers, and as such, I have gone back to AHS.

I contracted for a home warranty with National Home Protection on August 10,2006 after discovering that Mutual Warranty was a scam. I authorized a partial payment of about $150 to my AMEX card.
    When I checked my statement, I discovered that over $550 was charged and the radar signals went up.

I discovered that NHP has only been registered by the NY Dept. of State to conduct business since 11/28/2005-- I was told that they had been in business for 12 years!
    Further investigation revealed that they are NOT licensed to do business in Florida (where I live).
    I called on August 28 and informed them of my findings. I got the feeling that Vadim Verveda (aka Vad Johnston, aka Devon Johnston or his cohort Olmeida Zagia) of Mutual Warranty is involved with NHP.
    I cancelled the contract and was informed that I would be charged a fee. When I told a James Morestein that I would be contacting Elliott Spitzer's office ( the Attorney General for NY, where I used to live), he waived the fee.

PLEASE-- Be very leery of NHP. I have filed a complaint with the BBB of NY about this company, but it's so new that NHP is not in it's data base--YET!

As much as I dislike American Home Shield, it is the only reputable warranty company that somewhat delivers, and as such, I have gone back to AHS.

I started my home protection plan with NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION in June of 2006 after find many negative remarks concerning American Home Sheild. My experience with them has been terrible. After three months of paying the monthly fee, I called to file a claim for a stopped up drain. I was told that someone would call me back within 24 hours. Nobody did, so after about 5 days I called back to check the status of the claim and was told that they have no record of my claim. So I filed it again and was told that someone would call me back within 24 hours. Again, no one did! So I called their customer service line and was told that my credit card declined when they attempted to charge my payment, so they cancelled my plan. My bank has no record of them attempting to charge the monthly fee. But, I was told that if I pay the next 10 months in advance, they would reinstate my warranty and take care of the claim. Afraid that they might have cancelled the plan intentially because they did not want to pay my claim, I told them that I would think about it and I hung up. Two days later the monthly charge was billed to my credit card. We call NHP and was told the our warranty was active so we requested that the warranty work be completed. Once again, we were told that someone would call us back within 24 hours and no one did. So I called back and was now told that my plan was cancelled and that they did not charge my credit card. After much debate they decided that they did and offerd to send a plumber to fix my drain. At this point I told them to cancel the plan (for good) and refund my money for the last payment. They refused and told me that they were going to charge me a $120 fee for cancelling. I reminded them that they were the ones that cancelled the plan and that the contract states that they are to provide a service which they have not done, so they could not charge me the $120. The NHP rep who claimed the be in charge of claims stated that the only reason I took the home warranty plan was fix all the things in my house that were broken. I reminded him that only thing I asked to be fixed was my drain, but he stated that his records show that I filed a claim for a dishwasher, air conditioner, garbage disposal, and two sinks. I denied his claims and told him that the only thing I wanted fixed was the drain and that I had to ask four time for it to be repaired and it never was. He said that I was lying and he would not refund my money. I asked to speak to someone other than him, to which he responded that he works directly with the owner and the owner does not talk to people. After much debate he agreed to refund the money and waive the cancellation fee. I immediately called my bank to request we cancel the credit card so that they could not make any future charges. The bank reviewed my account and stated that rather than refunding the money the charged me again. Twice in one week! We attempted to contact NHP but could not contact anyone, so this will drag on for another few days. I am filing a compliant with the BBB and plan to file a suit in small claims court. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON NHP!!!

I had the same case.

Our dishwasher stopped working and they told us, they they don't service or area (bergen, NJ) and offered us $200.

keep away from them.

I have a very bad experience with Mutual hoem warranty and as of late National Home Protection, the individuals I spoke with were Micheal Moore, Tommy Mandi, and Steve Anderson. Very bad company to get involved with.

National Home Protection is a complete scam. They wouldn't even send someone out to look at my broken heating system (no reason given, they just never arranged for anyone), and refused to pay for the $471 repair even after I jumped through hoop after hoop. They literally laughed on the phone when I told them I was referring them to the BBB. This is a 100% scam operation as far as I can tell.

Gotta get American home shield

Wow, I am shocked to see so many complaints about this company. I have been with them since 1999 and they have replaced my hot water heater & pool heater. They have repaired my dishwasher, refrigerator, dryer, and a leak under my shower. Each time they had a service tech to my home within 48 hrs, and 24 hrs on most occassions. The problem is people complain when something bad happens, but never praise the company for doing something good. Why don't you just try calling this company any time of day, any day of the year & speak to a live operator willing to help you in the claims department. I have recommended these people to all my neighbors and have not heard a complaint. In addition they give me 1 month free for each referral. Just my 2 cents.

>Why don't you just try calling this company any time of day, any day of the
    >year & speak to a live operator willing to help you in the claims department

Actually they only even have real people Mon-Fri, Saturday and Sunday they just take messages, they don't even look at reports until Monday (despite the 24/7 claims).

And I certainly did call and talk to a 'live operator' many times over a 13 day period. Unfortunately none of these 'live operators' provided the slightest bit of assistance getting my heat repaired. 13 days without heat, in Massachusetts.

I filed my BBB complaint. Even though they aren't listed in the BBB database yet apparently they've already fielded a number of complaints about these people.

I signed a home warranty with National Home Protection that covers everything in my house. On November 13, I called them because my electric Stove was not working. I was told that they did not have a contractor in my area to do the repair. They suggested that I called around and find my own repairman and they will remburse me once the work is done. I was also told that I will have to call in advance while the the repairman get there to get an approval before the work is done. When the repairman man got to my house, we tried 6 times to reach NHP and we were told that someone will call us back. We waited and waited; no one ever called me back unitl today. I tried multiple times to reach the managers and no one ever comes to the phone. I am getting all kind of run arounds. The manager, Steve Anderson has never returned my calls. He has been avoiding me. I left him 17 mesaages and not a single call from him. At this point, I need a full refund of $404.00. I do not want to do business with them. I searched the Internet and read some horrible stories about this company. If BBB can ot help me, I will take this matter to court. I have a 18 months old baby and my sick mother in the house and because I can not afford a new stove at the moment, we have been eating microwaved food for the last 25 days. I hope that you can help me with this issue.
    I tried to reach any managers at the site and not a single one has ever returned my calls. The bottom line is that the company took my money and can not offer me any service because they don't have contractors in my area. I am also talking to a lawyer.

They gave me the same run round as above for my A/C. They told me to use my A/C guy and they will remburse me but they never did. I was suppose to pay every 6 months but they charged me in full after I called to cancel my plan.

Ha!

Someone has been with this company since 1999 and has had all his appliances replaced. How funny! When I was looking for home warranty last year, I hadn't even seen it. BBB says that they just heard about this company and are collecting more info on it. I think they did one of those magics to make their site appear on top on Google. I am sure they are going to sell as much policies as possible and disappear.

Stay away from this company. I am disputing their policy fee plus the $45 I had to pay to the plumber whom they sent to my home so they can find a reason to reject my claim.

I am also filing this to the Attorney General. That is required to bring whoever is behind the company to justice if they disappear.

I think the immediate need is to make sure no more innocent people fall for this company.

Also, another thing. They are offering this $50 Home Depot gift card. After 3 months, they haven't sent mine. And, I am sure they have no plans to send it.