+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: GOP: Vote For Us To Start More Bloody Wars & C

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleP View Post
    Did you people ever think he is "Down" with it is because once he got in office he seen first hand the dangers we face in this world?? Not only us but others as well?

I mean, why else would he keep these policies in place? He is now in the know. Maybe, just maybe (I know its a stretch here) he is privy to just a tad bit more inside information than you are???

Did you ever stop and think he may have had an "oh shiz" moment???

I want a strong military... Always will. You people can complain all you want, come up with add conspiracy theories or whatever makes you feel better. I sleep better knowing at least we have a boat load of money keeping our Forces strong.
    Funny thing.

All that cash we spend on weapons and military industries - more than the rest of The World combined - so we can feel tough. Bases all over the planet.. our face in people's grill from Asia to Africa to Europe.. Threatening, intimidating and meddling in other countries so some people here can feel "secure".

Yet, we're the ones in the crosshairs of every terrorist maniac on the planet gunning for us 24/7/365.

And they only need to get lucky once.

It makes me hope we don't keep trying to make ourselves any more secure.

The odds aren't in our favor.

Last edited by dchristie; 01-09-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza. View Post
    Must be horrible living your lives always looking over your shoulders in fear of being attacked!

Who would want to want to attack the US, anyway?

The best country on Earth...Benevolent, understanding, peace-loving, kind, helpful, gracious, humble...

Can't see why anyone could hate that!

It's called learning a lesson, you wouldn't know, you are from Australia... Great people for sure but no one is exactly racing forth to see your destruction so they can have your... hmm... DINGOS?

History... It is always about history.

But I know it's easier to spout off old hippy cliches from the past... "Make love not war!" and "War - What is it good for!?"

Ahhh.. If it was only this easy, I would sign up in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, the world is a lot darker than that. So, yeah. I go with the big military concept.
    "I have never understood why it is considered "greed" to keep the money you've earned, but not greed to want to take somebody else's money"

- Thomas Sowell
    http://www.tsowell.com/

... but no one is exactly racing forth to see your destruction so they can have your... hmm...
    I wont butt into your & gazza's love-in, but this comment suggests you think other countries are racing forth to see the destruction of the US so they can have ... something of yours?

What something of yours are people out to get?

I would venture to suggest many of the "enemies" of the US are such because of the *perceived crimes of US, rather than US being a benign hero which therefore attracts evil to attack it.

Eye of the beholder, and all that? One mans whatsit is another mans thingamajig?

*note: perceived, for clarity.

It's called learning a lesson, you wouldn't know, you are from Australia... Great people for sure but no one is exactly racing forth to see your destruction so they can have your... hmm... DINGOS?

History... It is always about history.

But I know it's easier to spout off old hippy cliches from the past... "Make love not war!" and "War - What is it good for!?"

Ahhh.. If it was only this easy, I would sign up in a heartbeat! Unfortunately, the world is a lot darker than that. So, yeah. I go with the big military concept.
    Hmmm.. That's funny.

There's 192 other countries in this dark old world.

They're existing under the same environmental pressures we are.

There's countries like Switzerland, Germany, Malaysia, Japan, Chile, China, Brazil and the list goes on.

Many of them are getting along fine.

None of them seem to need a $750 Billion Dollar per year military budget.

I wonder why only we - and Israel - have to worry so much about getting blown up.

Hmmm....

"The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie View Post
    Hmmm.. That's funny.

What is funny is that liberals don't understand that a weak nation invite attack. As we become less effective militarily then we become more vulnerable. The president wants to weaken the military for what? To spend more $ on social programs taht don't work and cost too much?

Yes that is exactly what he wants to do. Is that funny? No it is not, but it is really, really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Logjam View Post
    What is funny is that liberals don't understand that a weak nation invite attack. As we become less effective militarily then we become more vulnerable. The president wants to weaken the military for what? To spend more $ on social programs taht don't work and cost too much?

Yes that is exactly what he wants to do. Is that funny? No it is not, but it is really, really stupid.
    A divided nation IS a weak nation. The more you people try to push us farther apart, the weaker we become.

But that never stops you.
    :mxmas:

"The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    A divided nation IS a weak nation. The more you people try to push us farther apart, the weaker we become.

Conservatives are not waging class warfare. That is a construct of the left. It is the left that jammed Obamacare down our throats. It is the left that is causing our problems. It is also the left who had dominance within our government.

It was not the right who fueled the Occupy Wall Street mobs, it was they who waged class warfare battle against tthe banks.

To say that the right is fighting class warfare is just plain off the wall (old term; before your time). Just listen to what the left says about the Religious Right! Endless hate speak.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post

Did you watch the Wellstone Memorial service? It was there that we first saw the true core of the Democrats. Pure mob, blind hatred directed towards the right. You don't see that in right wing rallies. You should attend a Tea Party rally sometime. Very peaceful. No hatred anywhere. Just people exchanging ideas. Sometimes a left wing agitator shows up trying to create a riot, or to fire the people up. They think that the right hates just like the left does. They may rant for a few minutes, but we just ignore the poor slob and he runs out of gas. We go over to him and shake his hand. "That was interesting", We say. "Nice try."