+ Reply to Thread

Heartland Holdings- Buy Your House Scam-Tony Cooper owner

:mad: Sell your house in XX amount of days? We'll buy your house? They seem to be such nice people, good god fearing folks in Nashville, they just want to help you. They feel your pain. Sure you can trust these people to be fair with you, right? Just look at their nice friendly website. BEWARE!!
    Tony Cooper & Revonna Cooper. They use many business names, the latest being Revcom LLC for commercial holdings.
    They profit from the misery of others. Life has taken a bad turn for you. You have to sell your house quickly, and it isn't selling. They make a low ball offer, but you're saving realtor costs, so you take it because you have no choice-better than foreclosure. They have you sign a quick claim deed, the mortgage stays in place, in your name. They will make the payments, sometimes on time. They offer a nice down payment, due years off or when it sells. They put the house into a trust when they register the deed, some other persons name you never heard of.
    That was August 2001. The house is still in the trust and we still don't have our $15,000. No lawyer will touch it unless we pay $5000 up front. The state of Tennessee consumer affairs people have no teeth! The securities people did charge him for taking investments without a license though it seems.
    It's a SCAM-a ripoff pure and simple and some states allow these predators to flourish. They get rich, you have lost the only real investment you had.
    They aren't buying your house, you are giving it to them!
    SHAME on you Tony Cooper of White House, Tennessee. Taking advantage of people who are down on their luck is a sin! Karma is a real force in this world and yours will come. I only hope I live to see it. If not, you still have to answer to GOD! :mad:

Re: Heartland Holdings- Buy Your House Scam-Tony C

Do not do a lease to own through HEARTLAND HOLDINGS and TONY COOPER. Besides a huge down payment (that you will never see again), you have up to 2 years (the length of the lease to own) to buy the house. Now, if you have bad credit, that means you will have to bring your fico score up to at least 600. However, according to the Heartland holdings contracts, YOU are responsible for ALL REPAIRS to bring the house up to code and a standard enough for an inspector to do an inspection for a mortgage. Usually, it is the owner of a home who has to bring it up to spec before putting it on the market, and even then it is negotiable.

As far as down payment goes, th contract says that there may be a chance that some of what you pay HEARTLAND HOLDINGS will go towards your purchase down payment, but don't bet on it. Remember, the down payment YOU paid to TONY COOPER is to lease the house, not buy it. When it comes time to actually buy the house, your mortgage lender will probably want a down payment (about 20% usually) to do a mortgage, unless you get sucked into a sub prime mortgage (this is death, don't do it). I believe that Tony knows this, and plays on your emotions to buy a home. He knows that if you had good credit and could actually buy a home, you wouldn't be doing business with HEARTLAND HOLDINGS.

They have 2 contracts, actually. One for the lease ( a two year comitment that if you do not completely fulfill they will sue you - I know), and another for the house purchase price AS IS. That means that HEARTLAND HOLDINGS / TONY COOPER sets a purchase price for the home. The problem with this is this: a legitimate purchase / asking price is usually set by a sellor AFTER it has been inspected and appraised. The appraisal sets the general asking price in a given neighborhood - or what that house will being in that general area. But, with the way HEARTLAND HOLDINGS does it, you are stuck with the purchase price they set, even if the house actually appraises in that area for a lower amount. This is very unethical in real estate!

So here's the scam - HEARTLAND HOLDINGS / TONY COOPER get you into a lease with a huge down payment and then the burden is on you to buy the home or you are outta there. They also say that some of your down payment MAY go towards the purchase. Fat chance. You will never see your down payment, and no matter what Tony says, they DO NOT report to any credit bureau.

Oh, and if you are a few days late on your lease payments, they sock you with big late fees and are not afraid to sue you. Make no mistake, regardless of Tony's good old boy demeanor, it is a business to him and he is doing you no favors. The contracts they have you sign are legal - just not ethical. If you sign them, it is legal and binding in a court of law, however nobody calls them on their unethical practices, because most people who get sucked into this lease purchase scam haven't done their homework enough to know that they are unethical. I learned the hard way...

If you want to own a home, then rent a place that the landlord or management will report to the credit bureaus (this will help your score). Pay your bills. Go online and get your actual credit scores. Do your homework on what it takes to actually buy a home and the home buying process. Then instead of giving that big down payment (mine was $4,000.00 - I never saw any of it again) to HEARTLAND HOLDINGS and TONY COOPER, save that money for a legitimate down payment towards a legitimate mortgage.

HEARTLAND HOLDINGS and TONY COOPER are running a scam on well meaning people who really want to own a home. They play on the hopes and dreams of hard working average people. It all sounds good, but it seldom if ever actually pans out for the one wanting to buy a home. In fact, the way that the contracts are written and the people HEARTLAND HOLDINGS / TONY COOPER attract, it is rigged to just be a revolving money machine for HEARTLAND HOLDINGS, as they know few if any will ever actually buy the house they are leasing. Besides, when that 2 year lease is up and you don't don't buy the house, you are out of that property and someone else comes in, getting ripped off. Be wary and stay away from these people!

I would love to see former renters who have done business with HEARTLAND HOLDINGS and TONY COOPER band together and take legal action against their UNETHICAL real estate practices.

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Heartland Holdings and in particular Tony Cooper. We had built another house and could not sell the one we were in. We were going to lose the house that we had built because we could not get financing until the one we were in was sold. Heartland was able to help us. Their process removed a tremendous amount of stress. Within a reasonable amount of time, they were able to sell our old house. We will definitely use them again should the need arise. We've recommended them to family and friends. They are currently helping an acquaintance of my husband's. THANK YOU HEARTLAND!

You are very lucky and unusual. Do you have all your money? Is your deed free and your loan paid in full? Did you know they were in trouble with the state a few years ago? Paid a huge fine to stay out of jail because of the info the securities people got. Do you know the state consumer affairs people have a thick file on them? They had an unsatisfactory BBB rating. I have heard from MANY people that had a bad experience, you are the first good in nearly 6 years.
    What blessed and lucky people you are. Tony still owes us thousands of dollars we'll never see since we no longer live in TN. By they way, did Tony lie about selling your house to "help" someone into a mortage and then move into it himself? Look into his business a little, follow the leads as we did, very shady.
    Not nice people. Not very honest. I have pages of proof and statements from others they ripped off. If I was in TN, he'd be out of business. He better pray I never move back, cause I will never forget how he stole from us and lied to our faces while professing to be a Christian.
    KARMA and GOD will get him since I can't. They walk the line of legal, but the day they step over, people who are watching will take action. In many states he'd be in jail. TN just has bad laws for consumer protection, that's why he moved there from CA maybe????

yb:

I have no idea what my last 4 neighbors who did the rent 2 own with Mr Cooper signed. That is not my business.

I do know that the house next to me was never painted since 1995, and; not a single repair was made by the last real owner from 1997 -2002.

Sad, as the house and property were like a show house in 1997.

Perhaps Mr. Copper thinks folks will really fix the property and buy it. Mr Cooper clearly advertised that the home was to be brought up to minimum property standards.

How tough is to call and get a copy of the county's minimum property standards before signing the legal forms? Why not pay for a home inspection and/or get contractor's out to tell you how much it will cost to fix the house?

Why would anyone sign legal documents over anything as major as a house purchase without an attorney present?

I do not blame Mr. Cooper. I blame the folks who let their property go to blank in a hand basket, blow money on new cars, and HD TV's and rather then face foreclosure, they want a qick out. Three of the four so called new owners all lied to me that owned the property.

I have paid for a property line survey, done all kinds of things to help these tenant buyers and; sadly, all I have seen is talk and no action. So, maybe Mr. Cooper is being lied to.

First of all, this is in no way meant to defend Tony Cooper or Heartland Holdings. I'm only one situation. But, since this a discussion board about it, I want to share my experience.

I had a very good experience when "selling" my house. My company moved me 6 months after I bought my house, and I would have lost a lot of money on the house anyway, so I thought that walking away seemed like a good idea.

I went through the process and was leary at first because it was new. Tony basically offered to buy the house at the amount I owed. I had not put much down, and my company was comitted to paying my downpayment and closing costs on a new house. I sat down and measured this offer vs. paying a realtor at 6% and some minor closing costs, and it would have cost me more money for the latter. I even met the family that was moving into the house.

All payments were made on time. I was able to get a new loan, and actually refinance my new house in 2002 after interest rates dropped drastically.

The house was "on the books" longer than I would have liked. However, it was refinanced out of my name and I walked away in 2005 free and clear. I've bought and sold another house since then, check my credit every month, and the title is clear and the accounts are closed.

Tony did everything he said he would do for me. So, my experience was very positive. I will say that I kept tabs on the house over the few years and kept contact with Tony from time to time, while also checking the mortgage account to make sure the monthly payment was being made. He never gave me a reason to do this, I did it on my own.

However, thanks to those who have posted the other side of the story. I will investigate more thoroughly if I decide to move in this direction again.

Just an upate. Its the end of October 2008, years past the date the Tony Cooper agreed to pay $15,000. We will never see it. He did pay off the loan after years of begging, only after making many late payments and dropping my husbands credit score.
    I'm sure there are a few people who had some benefit from Tony, people with no equity, people who stayed in Nashville to keep the pressure on him, people who just wanted to walk away.
    I've done quite a bit of research on these people, they are a shady lot. They use many names, many trusts are set up, Tony almost went to jail for securities violations, and they walk just on the edge of the law. Many states have passed laws now to stop these kinds of deals since homeowners have gotten so badly ripped off.
    There are so many ways to get into a home. Do your homework, talk to the neighbors, find out more about how Tony got the house. Is he making a living off other people's misfortune? If that is the case, you are no better than he is if you lease/buy it from him. I spoke with about 8 people to date that he has done this to, all are ashamed they didn't go to a lawyer, but they trusted him, because he was a god fearing man only trying to feed his children, right? Well that's what he said. Be skeptical, be careful and remember the ONE thing that is always true. IF IT SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY ISN'T TRUE.
    I live in a beautiul home now, as nice as the one Tony stole from us, but I will always watch and wait for that slip up. I know you read this Tony and Revonna. I will never forget how you cried in my dining room, saying how sad you were for us. KARMA! We almost got you once, but you cut a deal with the state.

We were also scammed by Tony Cooper/Heartland Holdings, he leased us a house that was (already in forclosure)! We paid thousands in down payment and 1150.00 a month that never went toward the house at all, just his pocket... he then filed bankruptsy so now we are forced to move and had used everything in our savings for the down payment/repairs to the house, nice guy huh? I hope karma works on him soon before he can wreck any more lives, that man has no soul!

9. 12-10-2011, 07:47 PM

Reason
    looks like spam