+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

MLM (Lack Of) Success Tidbits

From Wikipedia:

Several sources have commented on the income level of specific MLMs or MLMs in general:
    • The Times: "The Government investigation claims to have revealed that just 10% of Amway's agents in Britain make any profit, with less than one in ten selling a single item of the group's products."[24]
    • Scheibeler, a high level "Emerald" Amway member: "UK Justice Norris found in 2008 that out of an IBO [Independent Business Owners] population of 33,000, 'only about 90 made sufficient incomes to cover the costs of actively building their business.' That's a 99.7 percent loss rate for investors."[25]
    • Newsweek: based on Mona Vie's own 2007 income disclosure statement "fewer than 1 percent qualified for commissions and of those, only 10 percent made more than $100 a week."[26]
    • Business Students Focus on Ethics: "In the USA, the average annual income from MLM for 90% MLM members is no more than US $5,000, which is far from being a sufficient means of making a living (San Lian Life Weekly 1998)"[27]
    • USA Today has had several articles:

• "While earning potential varies by company and sales ability, DSA says the median annual income for those in direct sales is $2,400."[28]
    • In an October 15, 2010 article, it was stated that documents of a MLM called Fortune reveal that 30 percent of its representatives make no money and that 54 percent of the remaining 70 percent only make $93 a month. The article also states Fortune is under investigation by the Attorneys General of Texas, Kentucky, North Dakota, and North Carolina with Missouri, South Carolina, Illinois, and Florida following up complaints against the company.[29]
    • A February 10, 2011 article stated "It can be very difficult, if not impossible, for most individuals to make a lot of money through the direct sale of products to consumers. And big money is what recruiters often allude to in their pitches." [30]
    • "Roland Whitsell, a former business professor who spent 40 years researching and teaching the pitfalls of multilevel marketing": "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour, (t)he primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."[30]

Re: MLM (Lack Of) Success Tidbits

But didn't the Wall Street Journal have a front page article on how MLM will bring the United States back from pre-recession economic levels? :cwm2:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    MLMer admits it is ok to break family bonds and tear at its fabric in order to pursue "success." [Is this what you want from your business?]

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    USA Today[/URL][/I] has had several articles:[/LIST]

• "While earning potential varies by company and sales ability, DSA says the median annual income for those in direct sales is $2,400."[28]
    • In an October 15, 2010 article, it was stated that documents of a MLM called Fortune reveal that 30 percent of its representatives make no money and that 54 percent of the remaining 70 percent only make $93 a month. The article also states Fortune is under investigation by the Attorneys General of Texas, Kentucky, North Dakota, and North Carolina with Missouri, South Carolina, Illinois, and Florida following up complaints against the company.[29]
    • A February 10, 2011 article stated "It can be very difficult, if not impossible, for most individuals to make a lot of money through the direct sale of products to consumers. And big money is what recruiters often allude to in their pitches." [30]
    • "Roland Whitsell, a former business professor who spent 40 years researching and teaching the pitfalls of multilevel marketing": "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour, (t)he primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."[30]

The objective, rational reader is hardly impressed. Why not take the time to qualify your sources? Being the cynic that you have shown yourself to be, I'm surprised that you would believe anything just because it is in print.
    The cynic is one who never sees a good quality in a man, and never fails to see a bad one

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    The objective, rational reader is hardly impressed. Why not take the time to qualify your sources? Being the cynic that you have shown yourself to be, I'm surprised that you would believe anything just because it is in print.
    The Times, Newsweek and USA Today are not sources? As opposed to Iamwil and Ohein saying "it works"?

Are you really making that argument?

Did you read the one on ACN?

A 2008 legal document released by Montana's State Office of the Auditor indicates that the average ACN rep earns less than the $499 fee required to join ACN. In 2008, 91 citizens of Montana paid a total of $61,741 in joining fees to ACN. Only two of these individuals earned more than $500 in income, with one earning $700 and the other earning $696 for the year. These 91 ACN reps earned a combined total of $783 in 2008 in commissions, with all remaining earnings tied to referring other reps.

In 2009, 312 people in Montana paid more than $230,000 in fees to ACN. These 312 people combined earned a total of $16,615 for the year, with just $900 of this amount paid as commission for sales. The rest of this income came from referrals.

Read more: The Average Yearly Income of an ACN Rep | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/info_8731646_ave...#ixzz1hmaBH9u9

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Just a hint...

Objective and "rational readers" people probably don't spend a lot of time here at SCAM.COM.
    Ironically, where I come from, Wil's cactus juice comes from what we call the "Mickey Mouse Cactus". It's fitting because it's effects appear to be placebo rather than substantial.

I went to Wil's webpage and I wonder why he's got a nice sailboat, golfing and exotic locations on his website. He even claims that he can vacation "as long as I want" as long as he's got his laptop and cell phone or something. Does Wil get paid to post on SCAM.COM?

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
    Dude WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOOUT?!?! :cwm2::cwm2::cwm2:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    MLMer admits it is ok to break family bonds and tear at its fabric in order to pursue "success." [Is this what you want from your business?]

CoolGrey: [Son concerned with is parents choice to join Amway] After one last heated argument with my mom, I have been kicked out for "being too negative" and "bringing so much negativity home" (just got home from college)

ChrisDoyle: I have to be honest I'm with your parents on this one.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Ironically, where I come from, Wil's cactus juice comes from what we call the "Mickey Mouse Cactus". It's fitting because it's effects appear to be placebo rather than substantial.

I went to Wil's webpage and I wonder why he's got a nice sailboat, golfing and exotic locations on his website. He even claims that he can vacation "as long as I want" as long as he's got his laptop and cell phone or something. Does Wil get paid to post on SCAM.COM?
    I went to his "global" bullshit page.

It's quite the contrast to what he posts here in this forum.

I guess he is trying to work both ends of the MLM spectrum at the same time.

It reminds me of the ads I posted, with HIS name on them that he had a hard time remembering or knowing where they came from. That was a classic.
    Last edited by James R; 12-28-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    • I can find many folks making over $1.50 per hour, can't you?
    Can't find too many of them in MLM/

Can't find too many....
    I don't know anyone who made more than $1.50 a hour average in MLM. At least not verified.

:1crysad:

Originally Posted by iamwil
    When you are in MLM, really in it, you are earning an income, whilst sitting on the couch, while posting here, while sleeping...

Can you clarify this load of BS?

This is how it accumulates....one or two new customers a week, or month, eventually they add up. No it isn't significant at the beginning, frankly it is insignificant at the beginning. But over the years with a continous flow of new customers, eventually there are dozens, hundreds ordering every month...

clarification enough?
    Based on facts and evidence, that isn't the experience of most MLMer's, even the ones who try. It falls in line with why so many MLMer's self consume their own products - they can't sell the stuff.

In any sales they say it takes 6-8 points of contact (TV, Radio, Web, Print, Phone, Mail, email) 6-8 times before someone decides to buy.

They know this in advertising and sales around the world. Hence the reason you see the same commercial day after day and sometimes twice in one show....

How many times did you make a contact, not being pushy, not being whiny, not begging, just providing information about the company, the products, the benefits....6-8 times per potential customer/client??

Its called multi level MARKETING and as some LEVEL you must MARKET.
    I agree. So why do MLMer's recruit folks who can't or won't do what you suggest?

It is their mistake. Because they get involved in greed, in the need to make a sale, to any breathing soul, to anyone with a pulse, to satisfy their own self worth. Little do they know it doesn't work that way.
    If this entire computer screen is all the people in the world. Maybe you've got a great product that 1/4 of the screen could use, well 1/10 th of the screen is folks that may be 'interested' in building a business, and 1/10 of that is folks that actually will try, seriously try.
    But truth is, there is no way to know who that 1/10th of 1/10th of 1/4 is... I've seen the 84 year old who doesn't know how to use a computer and can't speak English, climb his way to the top, as well as the immigrant cab driver, and the fellow that 'failed' at 10 other businesses....you just don't know who is going to be willing to work.
    Of course I've been in the construction business for decades, and watched hundreds if not thousands of folks start in this carreer, as a carpenter, or a laborer, or a secretary or receptionist.. 95% of them don't stick with it, don't make it to management...is there really a difference?
    So, you are admitting that only 1/10th of 1/10th, as in 1%, of the people you sell your MLM scam 'business opportunities' to are successful and net profitable.

Why did we have to pester you for so long to get these numbers out of you?

And yes, there really is a difference, in that those people made money along the way, as opposed to almost all MLMers.
    Last edited by Once Upon a Time; 12-29-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    So, you are admitting that only 1/10th of 1/10th, as in 1%, of the people you sell your MLM scam 'business opportunities' to are successful and net profitable.
    The less than 1% does make sense. MLMer's claim that "most" IBO's do nothing anyway. Out of the ones who try, you look at the MLM comp plan and often, it might be 1 in 75 or 1 in 100 who make decent money. Factoring in attrition, it's easy to conclude that 1% or less in MLM actually make any money.

The consider gas money, and other training, seminars and you can see where many MLMer's actually suffer net losses.

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Of course I've been in the construction business for decades, and watched hundreds if not thousands of folks start in this carreer, as a carpenter, or a laborer, or a secretary or receptionist.. 95% of them don't stick with it, don't make it to management...is there really a difference?
    That is the dumbest comparison I have ever seen, even for an MLMer.

The BIG difference is that ALL of those people who didn't make it to management MADE money.

That's a nice trick to throw out the 95% figure. I see you have been well-trained in the art of deception.

And then you ask "Is there a difference". You are so full of Sh*t.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?