+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 64 of 400

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.

  2. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    Why does it seem like such a bad idea to you? It doesn't have to be literally, but if you have a truly stubborn and unruly child, the elders would know how to deal with such a child better than you.
    Why doesn't it have to be literally? Why make exceptions now?


    What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  3. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    What makes you think god doesn't want 'his' word to be carried out exactly as he had it put in the bible?
    It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

  4. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    It still doesn't mean literally. Why not? Because unless you have a literal mind (a very rare thing, actually), nothing ever is.

    So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.

    Interesting point of view.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.
    It says what it says, but as you know the original is not what is available to most of us of little education, so there is absolutely no point in taking someone else's interpretations of it literally.

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    So, what you're saying is the bible doesn't actually say what it says.

    Interesting point of view.
    Lol.

    Literal, allegory ... it means whichever suits to make it work. Apparently?

    Hey, maybe finix's approval of the global flood killing men women and new born babies wasn't quite true? A heavy shower? Thats showed them sinners! LOL!

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    It says what it says, but as you know the original is not what is available to most of us of little education, so there is absolutely no point in taking someone else's interpretations of it literally.
    And there is no point in taking anyone's interpretations of it literally.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Hey, maybe finix's approval of the global flood killing men women and new born babies wasn't quite true?
    God doesn't kill. It's not killing when you can resurrect them if needed.

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    God doesn't kill. It's not killing when you can resurrect them if needed.
    Shame he wont make an appearance and make this clear to us?

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    God doesn't kill. It's not killing when you can resurrect them if needed.
    It's still killing. Just because you can recycle the body later doesn't mean you didn't kill it in the first place.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  11. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    It's still killing. Just because you can recycle the body later doesn't mean you didn't kill it in the first place.
    Wait ... does finix mean I can kill that annoying neighbour of mine and god will resurrect them? Everyones a winner! I mean, if they are "good", god'll resurrect them. And if they werent "good", who cares!

    Right finix?

    And people wonder why religious extremism is so dangerous.

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,885

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Wait ... does finix mean I can kill that annoying neighbour of mine and god will resurrect them? Everyones a winner! I mean, if they are "good", god'll resurrect them. And if they werent "good", who cares!

    Right finix?

    And people wonder why religious extremism is so dangerous.
    No, of course you can't. You're not a god and you can't resurrect them, silly.
    :mxmas:


    "The one thing women don't want to find in their stockings on Christmas morning is their husband." ~ Joan Rivers

  13. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Wait ... does finix mean I can kill that annoying neighbour of mine and god will resurrect them?
    No, finix doesn't mean that. God CAN resurrect the neighbor you killed if it suits God's purposes, but it doesn't mean he will do so. You are still a murderer for killing your neighbor - unless you claim you personally have power to resurrect those you deprive of life. If you do claim that, call 911 and tell them that. For your own good, as well as your neighbor's.

  14. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    No, finix doesn't mean that. God CAN resurrect the neighbor you killed if it suits God's purposes, but it doesn't mean he will do so.
    Ah, I love those unchanging moral absolutes that only religion can give you.

    Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    You are still a murderer for killing your neighbor - unless you claim you personally have power to resurrect those you deprive of life. If you do claim that, call 911 and tell them that. For your own good, as well as your neighbor's.
    Ah, excellent. So the key is IF I could resurrect my victim, it wouldnt be wrong. Even if I didnt resurrect them.

    I'm with you now. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

  15. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    No, of course you can't. You're not a god and you can't resurrect them, silly.
    Ah, but if you just believe then ... no, no I'm not, and I can't. Damn.

  16. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,008

    Re: What did Jesus save us from?

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Ah, I love those unchanging moral absolutes that only religion can give you.
    You'd love them more if you let them work on you.


    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    Ah, excellent. So the key is IF I could resurrect my victim, it wouldnt be wrong. Even if I didnt resurrect them.
    Yes, that's the way I understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I'm with you now. PRAISE THE LORD!!!
    Great. Now work on meaning what you say and saying what you mean. Come back when you learn to do that.

Similar Threads

  1. Will God Save Israel?
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 08:07 PM
  2. Will God Save Israel?
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 08:46 PM
  3. Save me, Al Gore! Save me!!!
    By Ronald in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
  4. Save On Gas Now
    By mpg Car Caps in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2007, 08:43 PM
  5. SAVE ME from CORTIBAN!
    By CC Student in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 09:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •