+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stolen Photo/Fake Facebook

This photo is being used for a fake facebook account. Does anyone recognize him, the location of where these pictures were taken or recognize anyone in any of these photos? If so, please contact me.

Re: Stolen Photo/Fake Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by pkkid View Post
    How do u know its stolen? What are "your" motives here?
    This photo was sent after I had asked him to prove he was a soldier and that he was Phillip Wood. He sent this two days later. He has sunglasses on at night, his patch has his first name on it and he said he was a captain and the stripes says different. My motives are to warn others and to talk with the victim in the pictures. His photos are being used on several different sites for scamming purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by rsm1 View Post
    This photo was sent after I had asked him to prove he was a soldier and that he was Phillip Wood. He sent this two days later. He has sunglasses on at night, his patch has his first name on it and he said he was a captain and the stripes says different.
    I do believe that US Army regulations require that the last name be shown on the patch.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

@rsm1
    What investigations have you done already? What other sites have you looked for information on those pictures? No one will want to duplicate the investigatory efforts you have already made. How about you tell us what you have done to track down the real person in those photos? Besides posting in this forum and blog sections, that is.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
    @rsm1
    What investigations have you done already? What other sites have you looked for information on those pictures? No one will want to duplicate the investigatory efforts you have already made. How about you tell us what you have done to track down the real person in those photos? Besides posting in this forum and blog sections, that is.
    I have reported this to this website, romancescam.com and city-dataforum .com. I also went to tineye.com and ran his photos thru. I don't know what else to do. If you have any suggestions I would very much appreciate it. This is all new to me and I'm not very computer savy, so I'm not sure what resources are out there. I'm sure this guy in these photos is either a facebook or myspace member. Facebook is where the scammer contacted me, so I'm just guessing thats where these photos were stolen from. I would love any advice as to how to find him.

Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

This photo was sent after I had asked him to prove he was a soldier and that he was Phillip Wood. He sent this two days later. He has sunglasses on at night, his patch has his first name on it and he said he was a captain and the stripes says different. My motives are to warn others and to talk with the victim in the pictures. His photos are being used on several different sites for scamming purposes.
    The image is clearly altered. The rank is Sgt. No beads in US military uniform. Very unlikely a Sgt. would be that old.

Prior photos appear unaltered. The fella is likely in British kit. Carries H&K. Very unlikely US soldier would carry H&K.

They appear to be contractors. And very stupid ones at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawn... View Post
    The image is clearly altered. The rank is Sgt. No beads in US military uniform. Very unlikely a Sgt. would be that old.

Prior photos appear unaltered. The fella is likely in British kit. Carries H&K. Very unlikely US soldier would carry H&K.

They appear to be contractors. And very stupid ones at that.
    Sorry, what is a H&K? I don't have much knowledge of the military. Also, why would you say they are very stupid ones?

I do not know waht is your aim to point him a scammer.

Quote Originally Posted by cooluciyar View Post
    The guy in these phots is NOT the scammer. However, the guy that stole the photos has used these photos and the same email address on other sites. We have already confirmed that one of these photos are photoshopped. Not sure what you are saying...

The guy in these phots is NOT the scammer. However, the guy that stole the photos has used these photos and the same email address on other sites. We have already confirmed that one of these photos are photoshopped. Not sure what you are saying...
    If Im not mistaken, that is what this website is for...reporting scams, right?
    So far by me reporting this on romance.com, someone has came forth that has also been communicating with this same scammer using the same name and email address. So if me coming on here reporting this has helped one person from getting scammed, I'm happy.

Sorry, what is a H&K? I don't have much knowledge of the military. Also, why would you say they are very stupid ones?
    H&K is Heckler & Koch a German manufacturer and defense contractor that supplies military weaponry and related accessories for military and law enforcement agencies around the world. They are a supplier of the Royal Marines and British Army of the UK

A search of over 2 billion internet photos turns up nothing yet for alternate sources of this pic. They could be relatively new to the web which reduces but not eliminate the likelihood they are someone else unless the physical photos copied were also stolen.

If you feel the provided info and sites are false and someone is attempting to victimize you then you need to report the incidents to those sites. You can also report it at sites like ripoffreport.com using his name or alias and the website names in the post but you better be sure you are being scammed and this is a fictitious identity.

IF YOU HAVE FACTUAL PROOF then I suggest you file an FBI report at http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by cooluciyar View Post
    If you are unclear as to the point of posting information on scams and scammers, why are you reading and posting on a scam reporting site? Besides, that poster is NOT saying that the person in the photos IS a scammer, the OP is saying a scammer is USING the photos to pretend to be that person.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
    If you are unclear as to the point of posting information on scams and scammers, why are you reading and posting on a scam reporting site? Besides, that poster is NOT saying that the person in the photos IS a scammer, the OP is saying a scammer is USING the photos to pretend to be that person.
    Thank you Meri Widow

Quote Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
    H&K is Heckler & Koch a German manufacturer and defense contractor that supplies military weaponry and related accessories for military and law enforcement agencies around the world. They are a supplier of the Royal Marines and British Army of the UK

A search of over 2 billion internet photos turns up nothing yet for alternate sources of this pic. They could be relatively new to the web which reduces but not eliminate the likelihood they are someone else unless the physical photos copied were also stolen.

If you feel the provided info and sites are false and someone is attempting to victimize you then you need to report the incidents to those sites. You can also report it at sites like ripoffreport.com using his name or alias and the website names in the post but you better be sure you are being scammed and this is a fictitious identity.

IF YOU HAVE FACTUAL PROOF then I suggest you file an FBI report at http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
    Would the photos show up if they were in someones facebook or myspace account? I wasn't sure if tineye could search those files.
    I don't feel like I am being vicitimized. 1) I know without a doubt that these photos were stolen, 2) I know that I was communicating with someone that tried, on two different occasions, to get money from me, 3) I know I have multiply amounts of emails to prove it.. ALL contact has been lost with this person. He isn't still trying to contact me. He blocked me from facebook, thats why I can't report him to them. My goal has been this, to get MY story out there the best I could. I haven't posted emails on this website BECAUSE, someone googled my email address just the other day. One of the websites I had posted some of the conversations on popped up. This person could read the entire posting and he wasn't even a member to the website. My goal now is to try to locate this man. I only want help, ideas...etc with this.

Facebook photos are not accessible through Tin Eye.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
    Facebook photos are not accessible through Tin Eye.
    Ok, I didn't think so, thank you