+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Summer Bay Resorts - 2009 New Contacts

Hi! I am fairly new to this site, but thanks to Badlady717, I received my refund from Summer Bay Resorts. PLEASE follow her advice, as I did, and, you will receive your refund. I do have new contact info:

[email protected] I received this email upon receipt of my refund confirmation letter dated June 5, 2008 (Actual date should have been January 2009 as I never spoke to them last year). Kelly Aguirre, Administrative Assistant, Marketing Registration and Compliance Department.

These are other e-mail contacts:
    <[email protected]>; [email protected]

I believe this is Mitch Lokken's assistant, as he reads all mail directed to her and she reads them as well.
    [email protected]

I sent certified (with signature required) cancellation letters and have received receipts from the following addresses:

Summer Bay Resorts
    Customer Service Cancellations
    25 Town Center Blvd.
    Clermont, FL 34714

M Eddit Avegno, Marketing Quality Assurance
    Summer Bay Resorts
    17805 W US Highway 192
    Clermont, FL 34711-48336

Summer Bay Resorts - Cancellations
    P. O. Box 947720
    Maitland, FLK 32794

Mitch Lokken
    Summer Bay Resorts
    7700 Southland Blvd. #160
    Orlando, FL 32809

Summer Bay Resorts - Quality Assurance
    501 N. Wymore
    Winter Park, FL 32789

The refund letter I requested in writing, (as I didn't believe the person on the phone was actually going to process my return) was received from:

Summer Bay Resorts
    25 Town Center Blvd.
    Suite C
    Clermont, FL 34714
    Local Phone: 352-242-1100
    Toll Free: 888-742-1100
    Fax: 352-242-2051

The letter stated I would receive my refund in 12-15 business days.

I hope this helps someone as some of the old contacts have "disappeared, moved, etc." The State of Florida is reviewing Summer Bay Resorts to see if there have been any improprieties.

Keats 16

Re: Summer Bay Resorts - 2009 New Contacts

Thanks so much for your help! I encourage everyone who has received any correspondence from Summer Bay along with their refund to post additional contact numbers/email addresses/physical addresses here on Scam.com. It will help others. SBR has been known to change or disconnect phone and fax numbers. Also employees come and go there so email addresses can change. However, Paul Caldwell is listed on Summer Bay's corporation files with the Florida Secretary of State as the Registered Agent. He is also an attorney. James Baker and Carlos Cukor have been long-time employees so their email addresses have remained the same.

Only send ONE written cancellation request with proof of delivery to:

Summer Bay Resorts
    Customer Service Cancellations
    25 Town Center Blvd.
    Clermont, FL 34714

In the US, you can send it via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation for less than $5.00. No need for Signature Confirmation - all you need is verification of the date mailed. SBR is very good about refunding your money as long as the request is in writing and within 7 days. You should be able find the cancellation instructions in the Terms & Conditions by logging onto:

www.mysummerbay.com

using your email address and phone number. You can also track your refund there.

3. 01-24-2009, 04:56 AM

Re: Most Recent Summer Bay Cancellation Info

UPDATED CANCELLATION INFO
    :judges:===============:judges:

PLEASE SEND A WRITTEN REQUEST TO CANCEL TO:

Summer Bay Resorts - Cancellations
    25 Towne Center Blvd.
    Clermont, FL 34714

US Buyers - Send letter via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Do not pay for Signature Confirmation - your proof of mailing and proof of delivery is all that's required. Don't worry about WHEN the letter is received, as long as it is postmarked within the 7-day period.

Foreign Buyers - Use whatever mailing system which will provide you with proof of the date that you mailed the letter. Again, when it gets to Summer Bay is not as important as when the letter is postmarked.

Here are also some email addresses to use:

[email protected] (he’s good about processing refunds)
    [email protected] (he is SBR’s attorney and registered corporate agent)
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Sending your letter via email also is just a back-up system and often gets your refund processed faster. But you still have to send in a cancellation letter via a postal or other delivery service to ensure that it was actually received by Summer Bay Resort. Fedex, UPS, and other such shipping companies are too expensive when the postal service gets it done a lot cheaper. REMEMBER - the date of delivery is not relevant so spending on Fedex Overnight or Express Mail is not worth it. Just get to the post office within the 7 day cancellation period and you will be fine.

Be sure to include your email address and phone number in your cancellation letter. Go to www.beginmyvacation.com or www.mysummerbay.com and log on using your email address and phone number given to the sales agent at time of purchase. There you will find your "Confirmation Letter" and "Terms & Conditions". Include the Package Code, Price, and Thread # in your letter. IMPORTANT: If you are running out of time, i.e., down to the last day or two in the 7-day cancellation option, and you have trouble logging on, don't worry about including that additional info - your email address and phone number will be sufficient.

Be sure to print out a copy of the Confirmation Letter and Terms & Conditions and keep that with your copy of the cancellation letter and proof of mailing.

I'M GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN, ALTHOUGH IT APPEARS THAT NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION TO WHAT I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR ALMOST THREE (3) YEARS:

DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY CALLING IN YOUR CANCELLATION!! IF YOU ARE VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY LUCKY, YOU MAY GET AN AGENT WITH SOME INTEGRITY WHO WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY. MORE LIKELY YOU WILL GET ONE WHO WILL TRY TO TALK YOU OUT OF CANCELING OR LOWER THE PRICE OR EVEN TALK YOU INTO SPENDING MORE MONEY FOR AN "UPGRADE". OR, EVEN WORSE, TELL YOU THAT "ONLY A MANAGER CAN PROCESS REFUNDS AND ONE WILL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK". WHICH, IF IT HAPPENS, WILL BE DONE AFTER YOUR 7 DAYS HAS PASSED AND THEN YOU WILL BE TOLD THAT IT IS TOO LATE. I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RETURN CALL FROM MAY 2005, FROM ABOUT 4 DIFFERENT "MANAGERS". IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF WHEN I GET THESE URGENT, OH-PLEASE-HELP-ME EMAILS FROM PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY WOULD GET A REFUND QUICKER BY CALLING AND HAVE BEEN BAMBOOZLED OUT OF CANCELING WITHIN THE TIME ALLOTTED THEM BY SUMMER BAY. I CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS WRITTEN CLEARLY HERE. EVERY PERSON WHO HAS DONE WHAT I HAVE POSTED HERE HAS GOTTEN THEIR MONEY BACK.

For unbiased reviews from travelers who have stayed at Summer Bay, go to:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...rida.html#MIDC

You can also file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General’s office online at:
    http://myfloridalegal.com/__85256CC5...256CC900693171

and the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov

Good Luck!

Hi,

I am looking for info on behalf of my parents.

My Dad over a year ago paid for some vacation package and just before Xmas he received an email from them saying his package is due to expire and to renew it.

I have pasted the email from a Robert Allen below.

Robert Allen also rang up a couple of times looking to speak to my parents but they where away.

Can anybody tell me have they been scammed? Or if they pay the $99 fee will there package be extended for three years?

From looking on the internet there has been a few people reporting scams about this site but equally people who have booked through them saying they are legitimate.

Also has anybody dealt with Robert Allen?

Thanks

Our records show your package is due to expire as of: 12/19/2009.

You have paid $898.00
    We are prepared to offer you an alternative to the expiration (if you are not prepared to book your reservations)
    A 3 year extension can be granted for a one time fee of $99.00(Or)
    A 5 year extension can be granted for a one time fee of 149.00

(normally each 12 month extension costs $79)

If you wish to accept this arrangement, or if you are prepared to book your travel dates please feel free to reply back to this email address for immediate assistance, or you may call us directly.

Thank you,
    Robert Allen
    Summer Bay Resorts
    Quality Assurance
    (World Wide) 001-407-215-2099 (Extension 22219)
    (USA/Canada)407 215-2099 (extension 22219) or 866-280-3120 (Extension 219)
    Last edited by Gillers; 01-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Thank you so much for your thorough advice how to get a refund. I received my money back within 3 weeks time. The e-mails I sent to P. Caldwell were not deliverable, so maybe he left as their attorney.
    I will tell everybody I know in the Netherlands about this site, and also to the fraud site of the Netherlands, so that all the other people that were as stupid as I was, can benefit from this information.

Thank you so much badlady for all the information supplied. Don't know how I got hooked into the Summerbay winning a trip thingy, all I can say is they are very professional smooth talking telemarketers (to put it kindly) who know how to apply a lot of pressure - ever so nicely! What a sucker. Lucky me, someone found this website and emailed me all the instructions. It WORKED. Rather quickly too. I faxed and emailed immediately then sent a registered letter - keeping the post receipt. I am in New Zealand so theres hope for all if you follow what badlady tells you to do.
    A thousand thankyous to bad/GOODlady! Hope you are well, best wishes.:spin2:

Hi Gillers, I think that it would be better if you look for some places where you can personaly contact them and get the deal for instance their office if it's near to your place then it will be a good thing if no then just contact the headquarters and you will be rest assured to have been directly dealing with the company. Also, make it a point that you have all the details about the trip. Good luck!

HI1
    i am the one of the victim by summer bay about 2007 octaber.
    I want to get some help to get my money back if it is still avaiable because they said up to the october i can go to holiday what ever they called

please help me,i have a problem with my husbav=nd because of this stupied event.

thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by badladyluva View Post
    Thank you so much badlady for all the information supplied. Don't know how I got hooked into the Summerbay winning a trip thingy, all I can say is they are very professional smooth talking telemarketers (to put it kindly) who know how to apply a lot of pressure - ever so nicely! What a sucker. Lucky me, someone found this website and emailed me all the instructions. It WORKED. Rather quickly too. I faxed and emailed immediately then sent a registered letter - keeping the post receipt. I am in New Zealand so theres hope for all if you follow what badlady tells you to do.
    A thousand thankyous to bad/GOODlady! Hope you are well, best wishes.:spin2:

Hello Badlady,

Thank you very much for your advice!!
    I was stupid enough too to let them trick me into purchasing a holiday package over the phone and paying $898,00!!
    My boyfriend was realy mad at me and I felt realy naive. But thanks to your help and tips they already cancelled my package and gave me a complete refund for the total amount.
    I sent a letter by mail as you said I should but apparently the emails alone got the job done, because my letter didn't even arrive jet and it's cancelled already. (I sent the emails the same day as I had purchased the package, July 29th ) Nevertheless I am happy that I followed your complete advice and I am even happier that I didn't lose my money!
    But what I should tell: after I purchased the package I tried to login with my phonenumber and emailadress but I couldn't get in. I called Gene Piersson, the man with whom I had talked to, and tried to cancel (that was before I had read your advice) but of course he said that was not possible. I told him that I could not login and he said that they got my phonenumber wrong and made me try again. But they didn't have my phonenumber wrong because I had to check that before and at that time everything was correct. Because I kept insisting that I wanted to login I think he changed something so I could get in. Because after I read all the stories I am sure they change something on purpose so you can't login and can't read the Terms and Conditions.

Well I hope I am the last person who was stupid enough to do this, but I'm afraid there will be other victims....well for them....please listen to Badlady!!

Nicola